Grasshopper's Rolling Path

Grasshopper

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Wow.....great shots Michelle!

Where you headed next?

We had to make a change in plans as the weather here is very cold for Spring.  Where we were headed had fresh snow the other day so we decided to hang out at a lovely B&B in the countryside for a few days.  Then we are either headed to Prince George, British Columbia....or into the next Province (Alberta) to look at a travel trailer.......that's what happens when you get an internet connection after a week, you start shopping.....lol

We are looking at maybe something like this...

182A6812-scaled.thumb.jpeg.7952d51582b5de3bdb993fdcca29685a.jpeg

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

We had to make a change in plans as the weather here is very cold for Spring.  Where we were headed had fresh snow the other day so we decided to hang out at a lovely B&B in the countryside for a few days.  Then we are either headed to Prince George, British Columbia....or into the next Province (Alberta) to look at a travel trailer.......that's what happens when you get an internet connection after a week, you start shopping.....lol

We are looking at maybe something like this...

182A6812-scaled.thumb.jpeg.7952d51582b5de3bdb993fdcca29685a.jpeg

What's not to like, def be more comfortable in there, safer too.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tym said:

Thats the easy way,im converting Woody into a camper, DIYing rocks. 😆

I agree, DIY is cool.  I converted a cargo van into a really nice camper a few years ago.  Unfortunately I was not able to use it as I had wanted too and had to sell it. 

Good luck with your project. 🙂

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I agree, DIY is cool.  I converted a cargo van into a really nice camper a few years ago.  Unfortunately I was not able to use it as I had wanted too and had to sell it. 

Good luck with your project. 🙂

Beat the cost of fuel!

https://newatlas.com/outdoors/scout-ebike-camper-trailer/

• Like 1

I finally found some time to post to my travel blog. 🙂  It is mostly so I can remember my journey as the old brain can not be trusted anymore...lol

Anyways if you are wanting a short story and some pics, stop by for a read. :wave:

https://www.grasshopperspath.ca/post/alleys-rivers-wooden-monsters

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I'm on a roll, two posts in two days. 😀

Wow, what you can do with an internet connection for more than 20 minutes..... 😆

https://www.grasshopperspath.ca/post/finally-heading-north

Nice to see some places aren’t melting at a rate of knots. How’s the tavel trailer buying going?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I'm on a roll, two posts in two days. 😀

Wow, what you can do with an internet connection for more than 20 minutes..... 😆

https://www.grasshopperspath.ca/post/finally-heading-north

Very nice Michelle, I love the photo of the Canada Jay.  We used to get two Jay's come into our garden years ago but the last one I saw was in France a couple of years ago.

Looking forward to more of your adventures 👍

• Thanks 1

@Grasshopper's Ride spent sometime looking at your website. I have to say its very nicely done, congrats.

You have a lyrical way of writing that borders on whimsy but contains emotions that keep it grounded, great work, I like it. Nice short length vids, easy voice to listen to and unsurprisingly from you great pics.

If I could be arsed to take pics or document stuff (yes I know Ill regret it later) I’d love to be able to produce such smooth content.

Thats going to make an excellent scrap book for you later on. I signed up so you’re now obliged to keep adding the good stuff 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@Grasshopper's Ride spent sometime looking at your website. I have to say its very nicely done, congrats.

You have a lyrical way of writing that borders on whimsy but contains emotions that keep it grounded, great work, I like it. Nice short length vids, easy voice to listen to and unsurprisingly from you great pics.

If I could be arsed to take pics or document stuff (yes I know Ill regret it later) I’d love to be able to produce such smooth content.

Thats going to make an excellent scrap book for you later on. I signed up so you’re now obliged to keep adding the good stuff 😂

Im in butt how do i edit my profile pic! Teckkky isle 3 eh? Have to use the "eh" parts www.eh.ca..... lol

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Theres a profile? I’ve not signed up properly then 😬😂

Ya! in the comment section i saw a spot for an avatar pic butt no way to access a profile section to edit it. 🤓

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

How’s the travel trailer buying going?

At first not so good, the trailer we would really like is a wait of 6 to 8 months to have it built.  They have become really popular here and there are only poorly made ones available.  Plus it is the start of the camping season here...

Then we went to this big RV place that had lots of the big trailers, just too much for us.  Then the sales dude said they had a small used trailer in the back corner behind some stuff.  It was just sitting back there all lonely.  Funny enough it was just what we were looking for small, affordable, rugged and I like that it is used, as it is the first time we are driving with a trailer so I am sure it will get a few scratches......😆

I am a bit nervous about driving with it....I will just need to not be a spaz....and go slow!

We pick it up on Tuesday. 🥳  It wouldn't have happened but we had to stay somewhere for a week to handle some stuff and so we were able to make the purchase.  It's funny, the place we are staying is called Horsefly and the trailer in called a TigerMoth, what the hell with the bugs....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Thanks!  I appreciate your feedback, you have a way of making me smile! 🌻

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tym said:

Ya! in the comment section i saw a spot for an avatar pic butt no way to access a profile section to edit it. 🤓

hmmmmm, this is new to me too, I think, ummmmm, you need to.....ya, no idea.....let me see if I can figure it out.....lol

Regardless, THANKS for joining up!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

At first not so good, the trailer we would really like is a wait of 6 to 8 months to have it built.  They have become really popular here and there are only poorly made ones available.  Plus it is the start of the camping season here...

Then we went to this big RV place that had lots of the big trailers, just too much for us.  Then the sales dude said they had a small used trailer in the back corner behind some stuff.  It was just sitting back there all lonely.  Funny enough it was just what we were looking for small, affordable, rugged and I like that it is used, as it is the first time we are driving with a trailer so I am sure it will get a few scratches......😆

I am a bit nervous about driving with it....I will just need to not be a spaz....and go slow!

We pick it up on Tuesday. 🥳  It wouldn't have happened but we had to stay somewhere for a week to handle some stuff and so we were able to make the purchase.  It's funny, the place we are staying is called Horsefly and the trailer in called a TigerMoth, what the hell with the bugs....lol

A serendipitous trailer! So you sleep in this trailer rather than having to put a tent up and down all the time or is is a luggage carrier? As you can tell I dont really know what a travel trailer is 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

hmmmmm, this is new to me too, I think, ummmmm, you need to.....ya, no idea.....let me see if I can figure it out.....lol

Regardless, THANKS for joining up!

Typical Canadian help line response, eh? 😆

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

A serendipitous trailer! So you sleep in this trailer rather than having to put a tent up and down all the time or is is a luggage carrier? As you can tell I dont really know what a travel trailer is 😆

It is a small off-road trailer we can sleep in and it has a pull out kitchen in the back with an awning over top for protection.  We can carry more water, fuel and tools as well.  It has great storage so we can free up some space in our vehicle.  Very excited, but a bit nervous....🙂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

It is a small off-road trailer we can sleep in and it has a pull out kitchen in the back with an awning over top for protection.  We can carry more water, fuel and tools as well.  It has great storage so we can free up some space in our vehicle.  Very excited, but a bit nervous....🙂

I know its silly but you being inaccessible to bears make me happier (I mean real bears you weirdos, not the other kind!).

Reckon you’ll be more than fine with a trailer, its like learning to ride/drive anything else. Pick a moment when things are quiet and you feel nearly ready and go for a short spin down to a roundabout and back again and just go. They have those in Canada right?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I know its silly but you being inaccessible to bears make me happier (I mean real bears you weirdos, not the other kind!).

Reckon you’ll be more than fine with a trailer, its like learning to ride/drive anything else. Pick a moment when things are quiet and you feel nearly ready and go for a short spin down to a roundabout and back again and just go. They have those in Canada right?

Hey thanks, it is nice to have someone worry about me being eaten by bears. 😆.

Went for backroad drive the other day and we saw 5 black bears and 1 young grizzly bear, really fun when you are in a vehicle.

Funny enough I just went around my first roundabout the other week, didn't know we had them....but we do! 😎😊

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tym said:

Typical Canadian help line response, eh? 😆

rachel brosnahan call center GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Thank you for your call sir, we have looked into your inquiry and found a solution.

Please reply to this comment with your desired profile image and I will have our team add it to your profile.

Again, thank you for flying with the Grasshopper and enjoy your ride! 

:rofl:...ok, maybe too much fresh air for me lately....

@Slowlycatchymonkey  

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

rachel brosnahan call center GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Thank you for your call sir, we have looked into your inquiry and found a solution.

Please reply to this comment with your desired profile image and I will have our team add it to your profile.

Again, thank you for flying with the Grasshopper and enjoy your ride! 

:rofl:...ok, maybe too much fresh air for me lately....

@Slowlycatchymonkey  

image.jpeg.b49fe5a2ed1cb8d1c07335e613543f7a.jpeg