Millau and the Gorges du Tarn

MooN

19 hours ago, Motobiker said:

Looks to me like copying Six like he’s some kind of positive role model has become a thing on this forum. 

Well there are people who contribute to the forum and people who compliment those efforts and then there are people who just write stuff for their own gratification 😉

• Like 1

On 24/04/2022 at 17:19, Pedro said:

I really enjoyed that, really nicely written! Thank you for the effort.

What GPS do you use?

I just use my phone Pedro, for trips like this I use Kurviger.de to plan the route on the laptop, mostly because of its versatility.  I then have an app on the phone called "scenic" and I can upload the route directly from Kurviger on the laptop to Scenic on the phone. Again Scenic is very adaptable ( possibily a litle too much so, with more options and functions than I can deal with ) but I cn now make it do what I want. This set up alloed me to plan the route weeks ago. I fine tuned it and uploaded each of the 4 days seperately 2 or 3 days before I set off and then just opened each one as I needed.  pretty stress free navigation really, but as with any navigation system it has glitches and shortcomings which need keeping an eye on. I also carry paper maps of where I'm going, cos these things are prone to failure at critical moments...

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Motobiker said:

Looks to me like copying Six like he’s some kind of positive role model has become a thing on this forum. 

im a fucking legend aint i 

• Haha 3

Excellent report @MooN and it was a pleasure to meet you. I definitely need to do the gorges du tarn at some point. I need to go and explore the Pyrénées a bit too!

BTW, the turkey curry turned out pretty good, considering I cooked it! 😂😂

Any time you're down this way again feel free to stop by, food, tea and place to kip always available.  😎👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1