Ride, Interrupted

Well coronavirus has definitely crashed the party for 2020 - most of us are facing various restrictions that are getting in the way of our epic ride plans ride now. But what about the people caught out in the middle of it - halfway through an epic ride you can't get home from? My friends over at Mad or Nomad have compiled the stories of a whole bunch of rtw travelers who've been caught out - where they are now, how they're managing. If you're stuck at home with a cup of tea, it's an interesting little read.

https://www.madornomad.com/motorcycle-travellers-trapped-by-coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR0EyKgX5nWSxlEiiMUj60VCm9HM8jFR0yYLh5pwpKL1nWBAdpLGrb6jHfw

I found the different perspectives really interesting - we're all "adventurers" of some kind, but some people are more chill about this sort of thing others!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

Well coronavirus has definitely crashed the party for 2020 - most of us are facing various restrictions that are getting in the way of our epic ride plans ride now. But what about the people caught out in the middle of it - halfway through an epic ride you can't get home from? My friends over at Mad or Nomad have compiled the stories of a whole bunch of rtw travelers who've been caught out - where they are now, how they're managing. If you're stuck at home with a cup of tea, it's an interesting little read.

https://www.madornomad.com/motorcycle-travellers-trapped-by-coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR0EyKgX5nWSxlEiiMUj60VCm9HM8jFR0yYLh5pwpKL1nWBAdpLGrb6jHfw

I found the different perspectives really interesting - we're all "adventurers" of some kind, but some people are more chill about this sort of thing others!

There's a few who are held up......I speak to Cathy Nel a bit on Facebook. Her and Spencer Conway are stuck in Mexico at the moment I think.

On 08/05/2020 at 14:44, Tym said:

Getting stuck somewhere because of all this would suck.

It's not so bad really. Being forced back to a place where I hold citizenship would be worse - I can only afford to ride motorbikes and live like a shiftless hobo in the developing world. 

4 minutes ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

and live like a shiftless hobo in the developing world. 

Sounds strangely like my plans for how to economically survive on what Social Security is going to start paying me at the end of this year, old and poor rocks!....lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

Being forced back to a place where I hold citizenship would be worse

What Grace said!

The only way they'd ever get me back to Britain is in handcuffs........kicking and screaming!

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

What Grace said!

The only way they'd ever get me back to Britain is in handcuffs........kicking and screaming!

A big  Bubble will bring you back!