Looking Around the Dealers........

XTreme

14 minutes ago, Tango said:

The lady that we rented our last place from had one of those in the garage. She couldn't use it though, because it had an electrical fault on it.

I only ever saw one out on the road.....about 20 years ago near Builth Wells! They look really weird going along the road!

I imagine that strong crosswinds could cause them to be really unstable.

Jason GIF by Big Brother

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I only ever saw one out on the road.....about 20 years ago near Builth Wells! They look really weird going along the road!

Jason GIF by Big Brother

I used to see them quite regularly in London a number of years back.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Jason GIF by Big Brother

I imagine just taking them off the sidestand could cause them to be really unstable. My mechanic has a few (too many) in different states of not functioning, I suspect he's going to corner the market on them :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pedro said:

You want to see silly?

Here's a 1998 Africa Twin for 14.000€

https://www.olx.pt/d/anuncio/vendo-honda-xrv-africatwin-rd07-1998-IDFVAAp.html#f59bbf3200

image.png.04f34a3fbd8fa475d9fa1d2663c9f680.png

with 86.000km on the clock but wait for it... the owner states it's never been above 2500rpm before getting warm

Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

Motorcycles keep their worth a lot more here but it's also better for not loosing as much value in your own vehicle, having said that some people live in Peter Pan world. Here's the general Africa Twin market, most expensive to cheaper:

https://www.olx.pt/carros-motos-e-barcos/motociclos-scooters/honda/?search[filter_enum_modelo][0]=africa-twin&search[order]=filter_float_price%3Adesc

Have you seen this guy's YouTube channel, @Pedro ? He's a real petrolhead and loves his bikes as well as cars.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tango said:

Have you seen this guy's YouTube channel, @Pedro ? He's a real petrolhead and loves his bikes as well as cars.

Yes, I've followed Harry's videos for ages. I like his take on cars.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Yes, I've followed Harry's videos for ages. I like his take on cars.

I've just got into his vids. Taking a Ferrari testarossa to the Sahara desert! They guy is mad! 😂😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Why would you want to buy an old bike like that Ray?

If you have to ask you’ll never understand why 🤣

Seriously mate, it’s a classic and harks back to the original Paris Dakar days (yes. I know the original Africa Twin was a 650).

Theres a certain feel good factor that older bikes give………until they break down of course! 😝

• Like 5

Just now, Skippy said:

Theres a certain feel good factor that older bikes give………until they break down of course! 😝

I wouldn't want to risk getting an old bike......OK if you're handy with tools I suppose, so that rules me out.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

Seriously mate, it’s a classic and harks back to the original Paris Dakar days (yes. I know the original Africa Twin was a 650).

750s ATs raced as well.

image.png.0e35736c5892f0fcdb570e01499598ef.png

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Skippy said:

I’m not trying to tell you how to suck eggs Ray but make sure you check that front sprocket hasn’t been welded on. The splines wear on the output shaft .

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Clive said:

Seems not, the average UK BMW owner hardly ever use them. German Wow GIF by Namaste Car

the hardest thing about being a BMW owner is tolerating the lack of performance and driving skills of the lower classes.....

• Haha 10

6 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I’m not trying to tell you how to suck eggs Ray but make sure you check that front sprocket hasn’t been welded on. The splines wear on the output shaft .

Cheers mate, all advice is very welcome 👍👍

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Cheers mate, all advice is very welcome 👍👍

Wiggle the splined shaft as well to make sure the twin bearing the front sprocket shaft sits on has no lateral movement. In and out is okay though..........(ooer)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3