180 !!

boboneleg

No not that 180 but it's been 180 days since i last rode a bike so today I needed to put that right.

@Slowlycatchymonkey  said the weather was going to be fab but it bloody wasn't when I left home at 11.30 am , i couldn't see in front of my face and it didn't get any better for a while..............

IMG_0597.thumb.JPEG.40f7d31b450603eeebf865277d8cd6f7.JPEG

Anyway, perhaps her forecast was right because as I got nearer to her manor the sun started to poke it's head through the fog.  By time I got to Chew Valley lake it was lovely............

IMG_0598.thumb.JPEG.f3150e8d8cb73dfaf45abcef266d253f.JPEG

IMG_0599.thumb.JPEG.54d91cafd7260837aeed3e66f3b65d82.JPEG

and the various birdies were enjoying it as well...................

IMG_0600.thumb.JPEG.f62dcff21f579ecadc2062c636ed9c76.JPEG

I rode up over the Mendip hills and down through the old rode into Wells where it was starting to get positively balmy.  From there I rode on to Shepton Mallet where I stopped to have a gander at the old prison,  I have actually been in there about 38 years ago but not as a guest of her majesty you understand............

IMG_0601.thumb.JPEG.60aefa161eb2eaa78258e72966c870d2.JPEG

IMG_0602.thumb.JPEG.8daf924a276c758e594db5269457747f.JPEG

From there I took the Frome road but stpped at Doulting to have a sandwich and a coffee from my flask .  While I was there I got a phone call from my mate Big Tone and we agreed to meet up for a coffee at Farrington Farm.  I stopped to say hello to this lot on the way in .............

IMG_0603.thumb.JPEG.a80f14a8ad29566fa4e5c1f374b799f6.JPEG

and then we sat in a strange sort of hobbit house for our coffee, Tone is one big hobbit at 6' 4'' tall   🤪

IMG_0604.thumb.JPEG.cb9cbd4d829f6d2d6dc3fc9a2d99f699.JPEG

From there it was a short 18 miles back home .  It was great to be out riding again and I may get to repeat the exercise again on Saturday 👍

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thats great news 😊 although Im a tiny bit sour as Id planned to go over the mendips today til flaticus battricus decided otherwise! I did say it would probably be wrong and stay foggy til midday, you gotta read the full prediction 😆 

I didnt know there was a prison at Shepton Mallet, so is it just a visitor centre full of empty rooms?

Bet it felt great to be out after all that time. How’s the legs now? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Thats great news 😊 although Im a tiny bit sour as Id planned to go over the mendips today til flaticus battricus decided otherwise! I did say it would probably be wrong and stay foggy til midday, you gotta read the full prediction 😆 

I didnt know there was a prison at Shepton Mallet, so is it just a visitor centre full of empty rooms?

Bet it felt great to be out after all that time. How’s the legs now? 

The photo shows the original prison which is a tourist attraction nowadays, the modern prison is next door but I'm not sure if it's still used.

My leg feels pretty good, gear-changes were ok and I got home to find out that they can re-fit my original socket tomorrow so that should be much better .

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I just realised i now know 3 people with a prosthetic who ride motorcycles  including yourself Bob and all the left leg, whats going on the the left leg 🤔

Less weight so they're going to get a performance increase?

12 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I just realised i now know 3 people with a prosthetic leg who ride motorcycles  including yourself Bob and all the left leg, whats going on with the left leg 🤔

We all fell on the left side   ?

dog-dawg.gif.5c6287b7494cb893cbff4be8d620910b.gif

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

Less weight so they're going to get a performance increase?

Not so sure about that, I can tell you that you've definitely got to get your balance right.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I just realised i now know 3 people with a prosthetic leg who ride motorcycles  including yourself Bob and all the left leg, whats going on with the left leg 🤔

Well @Buckster seems to think he's a fanny magnet, perhaps @Sir Fallsalot is a leg(less) magnet

zelina-vega-zelina.gif.fd634f841eee7e0a6a1379a7acc8ed70.gif

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I know one, as well.  One hell of an offroad rider on a GS, too.   You can see him in his part time work on the Netflix series -  Another Life, Season 2.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

That’s you and the Beta bum boys, that is.

Nah , that's definitely you led in the bed, far too tall for me or Fred.  Plus it's clear that you've got a feckin great hard-on :classic_wacko:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Nah , that's definitely you led in the bed, far too tall for me or Fred.  Plus it's clear that you've got a feckin great hard-on :classic_wacko:

It’s true that I am incredibly well hung but I don’t like to brag.

• Haha 4