I'm about due to change my bike......

XTreme

One thing I've noticed by looking through the dealers over the last few weeks is that Trail/Adv Bikes are very scarce.

Most of them are not up for sale for very long......unless they've got much higher mileage.

Is it the same back there?

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

One thing I've noticed by looking through the dealers over the last few weeks is that Trail/Adv Bikes are very scarce.

Most of them are not up for sale for very long......unless they've got much higher mileage.

Is it the same back there?

Seems like everything is in demand here when i advertised my CB it was sold in about an hour pending inspection and test ride

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Seems like everything is in demand here when i advertised my CB it was sold in about an hour pending inspection and test ride

yes used bikes are moving fast

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

My XR400 has doubled in price since i bought it even though its 13 years older 

Look at this....25 year old R1100GS.....€6550 with €200 extra to pay for transfer.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Look at this....25 year old R1100GS.....€6550 with €200 extra to pay for transfer.

That's why a bought a new Beta everyone was asking a few hundred quid less than new for the second hand ones the saving wasn't worth the risk

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's why a bought a new Beta everyone was asking for a few hundred quid less than new for the second hand ones the saving wasn't worth the risk

Same here, not that much difference on the new price for bikes that are 1-3 years old.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's why a bought a new Beta everyone was asking a few hundred quid less than new for the second hand ones the saving wasn't worth the risk

Exactly! Cos for all you know the previous owner could have been one of those stupid cunts who runs a bike in by ramming it into a tree!

Clash Royale Yes GIF by Clash

• Haha 2

On 12/01/2022 at 15:22, XTreme said:

No......don't want a Brit bike Bob!

And it'll be secondhand......a year or two old ideally with some accessories.

they're built in thailand Pete...

• Haha 2

I went to look at another bike last Friday, which the dealer we saw the other week suggested at their dealership near Montpellier. 

Bike just coming up to 3 years old and 4.5k kms. Sump guard missing, front brake lever broken, front mudguard all scratched up, but with a bit of matt black paint blown over it, right side bar end weight scuffed, right side passenger footpeg hanger damaged, side panels blown over with rattle can matt black, rear left side suspension scuffed! They wanted top dollar for it, but we walked away anyway!

This is a bike for sale at a main BMW bike dealer! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2