I'm about due to change my bike......

XTreme

18 minutes ago, skyrider said:

you need a lightweight enduro type with knobblies 👌

Apart from a CRF300L they don't exist......unless you look at a hardcore offroader.

That would be no good to me!

Just now, skyrider said:

so when will be the change over ?

What change over? There's nothing out there that's a better fit at the moment than the Beemer.

If my needs change.....like if I'm doing longer journeys for example.....then something else may be a better fit.

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What change over? There's nothing out there that's a better fit at the moment than the Beemer.

If my needs change.....like if I'm doing longer journeys for example.....then something else may be a better fit.

stick with it for a bit then and see what happens 

• Like 2

CB500X? Although that will probably not offer any improvements over what you've already got, Pete. Some reviewers are saying that the differences they've made to the 2022 model have improved it, but I'd need convincing of that. As I've said before,  you could find it a bit top-heavy. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tango said:

CB500X? Although that will probably not offer any improvements over what you've already got, Pete. Some reviewers are saying that the differences they've made to the 2022 model have improved it, but I'd need convincing of that. As I've said before,  you could find it a bit top-heavy. 

That’s why everyone calls you the forum puff.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Tango said:

I like them as you know.....and double disc with USD forks is a good upgrade......but I'm not sure if it would give me anything different to the Beemer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's why i rebuilt the 650 instead of getting rid of it there's just nothing new i can see out there to replace it other than the Mash 650 :classic_laugh:

Got to be serviced and valve checked every 3 thousand miles or something.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Got to be serviced and valve checked every 3 thousand miles or something.

Its the same engine as my 650 2000 mile service on that but its just under 2L of oil and takes minutes to do so no big deal valves only need adjusting when they run out of oil :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Its the same engine as my 650 2000 mile service on that but its just under 2L of oil and takes minutes to do so no big deal valves only need adjusting when they run out of oil :classic_laugh:

They've modernised it though surely?

15 hours ago, XTreme said:

I like them as you know.....and double disc with USD forks is a good upgrade......but I'm not sure if it would give me anything different to the Beemer.

i used to have a 1999 model

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tango said:

Triumph Tiger 800? A bit more oomph than your bike. 

Are you looking at buying new or secondhand?

No......don't want a Brit bike Bob!

And it'll be secondhand......a year or two old ideally with some accessories.

• Haha 1