My Near Miss

Tango

everyday occurence, nearly. Good job you were switched on, but I bet the air went blue under your lid 😱. your missus nearly shat herself though 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MooN said:

everyday occurence, nearly. Good job you were switched on, but I bet the air went blue under your lid 😱. your missus nearly shat herself though 😂

I have learned to be very cautious on roundabouts over here, but occasionally someone catches me out! 😂😂

Yeah, I had a few choice words for him! 😂😂😂

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

How did you feel going through it? Sometimes big vehicles do the same and although it is close you don’t feel scared because you see it coming.

It was just reactions, I really didn't think much at the time. I'm always semi prepared,  but in this instance there was some liquid dropped on the roundabout and I was looking to change my line slightly to avoid it and wasn't looking at him to get that eye contact that I would normally. He wasn't even looking in my direction when he went past, just staring straight ahead!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Did you make eye contact as you were getting closer......not that that's any guarantee though?

And was the sun behind you? I'm thinking he may have been dazzled?

As I said in the reply to @Pedro, I was looking to change my line slightly to avoid some liquid dropped on the roundabout, so I didn't make the eye contact that I would normally.  It's possible that the sun was behind me, but then he should have proceeded with more caution if he didn't have a good view. 

Anyway, I live to fight another day! 😂😂

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tango said:

As I said in the reply to @Pedro, I was looking to change my line slightly to avoid some liquid dropped on the roundabout, so I didn't make the eye contact that I would normally.  It's possible that the sun was behind me, but then he should have proceeded with more caution if he didn't have a good view. 

Anyway, I live to fight another day! 😂😂

Probably a women driving it 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

We've all had close calls.....I shudder thinking of this one!

The bike nearly got dirty! Shock horror! 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Probably a women driving it 

Nope, definitely a bloke. Probably been in the cafe knocking back the wine all lunchtime! 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

Just now, Tango said:

The bike nearly got dirty! Shock horror! 😂😂😂

I considered quitting bikes for good after that Bob!

Here's another one.....too close for comfort I'd say!

What you say @Tym?

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Tango said:

Had a look on the dashcam in the car to see how close it was........hmmmm, pretty close!

CSJ would of had the mirrors off it in 2 mins flat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

CSJ would of had the mirrors off it in 2 mins flat.

i know a few people here as would chase after him for an "explacation"...

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What you say @Tym?

I never realised that you had so many near cleaning experiences, Pete! 

I think that you'd give the Missenden Flyer a run for his money, although he does have 2 buckets for washing his bikes, labelled shampoo and clean! So you've a way to go yet! 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

White van. Lets be honest, the jihadi of the automotive world...i know you shouldnt be racist and assume a white van is bent on murder butt, Top gear must have a few shows on the subject.shirley. 😃

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What you say @Tym?

I don't know why you were worried, you were going to wash the bike anyway when you got home. Now in my case I would have been cautious exactly the same as you were, but mainly because I would have to live with the resulting muck on the bike till the next decent rain shower cleaned it off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I'm afraid i'm the type that would have chased after him just even if it was just to give him the finger so he knew how pissed off i was might not have done a lot but would have helped me calm down a bit :classic_laugh:

There was a time when I probably would have chased him down to have a word, but years of doing a reasonable amount of driving with work taught me that it rarely has the desired affect. These days I just notch it up as an indication that my riding skills haven't deteriorated to the point that I should find a safer hobby yet! 😂😂😂

• Like 4

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

What you say @Tym?

Now you see Pete if youd had a guide you could have avoided the PTSD from those horrifying incidences.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Now you see Pete if youd had a guide you could have avoided the PTSD from those horrifying incidences.

Yeh.....I could send him up ahead to recon the area for puddles!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Yeh.....I could send him up ahead to recon the area for puddles!

This is how we convinced Charlie to get into this damp patch. He was a bit miffed when we didn't join him and went round another way. Legal byway that is!

bike05.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7