Harley Davidson Sportsbike to be released this year

Buckster

16 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

That looks crap

But that don't.

agreed.  I'm hoping the Jan 26 big release introduces the second one!

The motor in the black bike looks just like their new motor in the Pan American and new Sportster.   so, either a good photoshop, or we may get a really good looking HD after all these years!

• Like 1

On 12/01/2022 at 20:54, alfalfa said:

Real?

Yeah, sort of, about 25 years ago. And the street version was only available in Poland or something like that. Bare minimum to make the race version legal for the superbike class. That picture looks like a computer rendering of the VR1000? It's been too long for me to spot the changes but either the joke is Harley keeps reintroducing old bikes, or someone has updated the VR1000 in photoshop for some reason. 

As for the real one, If it had been available in the USA and somewhat similar in price to a Ducati I would have owned one. As it was, the few I saw available in the USA after the fact were about $65k if I remember right. I've forgotten all the details but I seem to recall Harely didn't handle the development of the bike very well. Kinda pissed me off but like I said, this many years later I've forgotten the details. 

EDIT: Never mind. Looking at a real VR1000 that's someone's digital rendition of something inspired by it.  Still looks old though. Missing it's winglets. All the cool kids use winglets now. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/01/2022 at 01:55, alfalfa said:

image.png.a5c97ae86325c66cccf1b55b243d1719.pngonly found this after a quick search. but, still good looking!

That’s the Bronx, it was shelved but they are talking about going ahead with it now. 

5 hours ago, Buckster said:

That’s the Bronx, it was shelved but they are talking about going ahead with it now. 

Sure hope they do.  Looks like a decent squid bike competitor