Winter work photographs

yen_powell

I drove to work this morning. Usually when I get in a car whole swathes of the UK come to a grinding halt due to traffic gridlock, me, four wheels and the rest of the UK don't get on. But this morning, I managed to get the whole way in and the whole way back without too much of a hold up. Naturally this was too much good luck, so to balls it up, the work gang didn't turn up on time so I had 45 minutes to kill and I was next to Victoria Park.

The sun was low and evil to drive into, but I like taking pictures when it is like that. There was even a girl sketching one of the views I photographed. I took a picture of her whilst she was being creative.

https://www.londonremembers.com/memorials/dogs-of-alcibiades-south

20220106_093859.jpg

20220106_093736.jpg

20220106_093409.jpg

20220106_093138.jpg

20220106_093110.jpg

20220106_094324.jpg

20220106_094312.jpg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Work wheres the work this post should be called winter skiving photos :classic_laugh:

I had a bright yellow and blue jacket on with the council's name stamped all over it. The park visitors just assumed I was taking pictures for official purposes.

The work pictures are boring. the only excitement today was when a Romanian road worker on a nearby colleague's site came and told me the sun was in his eyes and he had driven his digger into a cast iron lamp column and it had snapped off flush with the ground and was now laying on the floor. I arranged for an emergency disconnection with our street lighting bloke, told my colleague by phone what the twat had done. Then I told the upset Romanian he was in luck, I would pay for two new lamp columns, one of which he had just skilfully removed, so he wouldn't have to tell his boss what he had done and fill out reams of insurance forms.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I had a bright yellow and blue jacket on with the council's name stamped all over it. The park visitors just assumed I was taking pictures for official purposes.

The work pictures are boring. the only excitement today was when a Romanian road worker on a nearby colleague's site came and told me the sun was in his eyes and he had driven his digger into a cast iron lamp column and it had snapped off flush with the ground and was now laying on the floor. I arranged for an emergency disconnection with our street lighting bloke, told my colleague by phone what the twat had done. Then I told the upset Romanian he was in luck, I would pay for two new lamp columns, one of which he had just skilfully removed, so he wouldn't have to tell his boss what he had done and fill out reams of insurance forms.

And Pete calls you a cunt what a twat he is your a nice man really :littleguy:

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

When i read the title i was thinking i'd see photos like this :classic_laugh:

IMG_E8069.JPG.cd1eebaf1f2f4722b20c0c636e5995a5.JPG

I don't know why, but I found myself singing YMCA in a welsh accent under my breath just now.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I think theres something wrong with my mouse i just cant scroll past this gif been stuck here a while now :classic_laugh:

I.ve managed to move on now i discovered if you click on the gif you can go full screen much better :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3