Motorbike camping

gymwitch

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I only want to look at the Menai bridge and go to Beaumaris Castle Fred.

I might have a detour to the castle myself i'm not too far from there where will you be spending the night

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

where will you be spending the night

Why? You planning on emptying your piss bottle in Bob's bed as well?

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I might have a detour to the castle myself i'm not too far from there where will you be spending the night

Giler Arms

Going to Andys dads in a couple of weeks with camper and bikes. Taking his dad round the isle of wight on the back of Andys bike. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gymwitch said:

Going to Andys dads in a couple of weeks with camper and bikes. Taking his dad round the isle of wight on the back of Andys bike. 

Is this the trip that was supposed to happen before some scrotes nicked Andy’s bike?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Sorry Bob you did tell me before brain is dead 
Had some great Friday nights in the Giler

Parks And Recreation Dancing GIF

and some bloody awful mornings

Tired Jim Carrey GIF by Ace Ventura

Somehow I see us repeating your experience 🤪

• Haha 1

@boboneleg If you cross the Britannia bridge have a look at the house on the the island in the middle of the swellies you got to love water living there 
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Menai+Bridge/@53.2186655,-4.1812798,293m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x4865008230c0e101:0x666e2d847a19e4d2!8m2!3d53.222607!4d-4.165577

image.png.fae94d44b22a7f829d34cd7311058b72.png

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

@boboneleg If you cross the new Britannia bridge have a look at the house on the the island in the middle of the swellies you got to love water living there 
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Menai+Bridge/@53.2186655,-4.1812798,293m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x4865008230c0e101:0x666e2d847a19e4d2!8m2!3d53.222607!4d-4.165577

image.png.fae94d44b22a7f829d34cd7311058b72.png

Does somebody actually live there?

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/05/2022 at 00:13, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Is this the trip that was supposed to happen before some scrotes nicked Andy’s bike?

Sorry i have missed this. Yes we are able to take his dad round the isle of wight this time. Andys bike has the back box and rest and is more secure. 

• Like 2

A 'what the hell im in' trip. The scooter lot are going to Kelso rally so im going too, on my bike of course. Camping at the showground and already booked on to the local parkrun there 😊 We leave this Thurs morning and im almost packed. Andy hopefully will come up after work on saturday night. Drive back on sunday. Praying to the sun gods as we speak. Im going to try and go pro stuff this time. Im excited to try the new tent 😊 & the shredded memory foam pillow @Slowlycatchymonkey recommended looks plush. Ive also got a thick foam yoga matt for under my matress. Hopefully be a bit warmer. 

Think i need a bigger bike 🤭

Still food to pack and other bits and pieces 😳

20220529_171940.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gymwitch said:

A 'what the hell im in' trip. The scooter lot are going to Kelso rally so im going too, on my bike of course. Camping at the showground and already booked on to the local parkrun there 😊 We leave this Thurs morning and im almost packed. Andy hopefully will come up after work on saturday night. Drive back on sunday. Praying to the sun gods as we speak. Im going to try and go pro stuff this time. Im excited to try the new tent 😊 & the shredded memory foam pillow @Slowlycatchymonkey recommended looks plush. Ive also got a thick foam yoga matt for under my matress. Hopefully be a bit warmer. 

20220529_171940.jpg

I'm going to buy shares in rok strap before you discover how much lashing thats going to take 😆

Good luck hope the weathers on your side and your new gear does the job 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gymwitch said:

20220529_171940.jpg

I find temperature a personal thing, last night the wife froze and i had a lovely warm sleep all we had was one winter sleeping bag opened out like a quilt and a blanket which was on her not me

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I remember camping in the lakes with Mandi and the kids. Kids slept through the night but me and Mandi were stuck together on an air bed trying to steal heat off each other. 
We camped far to close to the water for the time of year,

• Haha 5