Motorbike camping

gymwitch

Found my first camping spot to practice 😊 only 30mins away too. Rivington brewery 🍻 shame im off the sauce buuut apparently the scooter lot are looking at camping there regularly. I could go set up saturday after first job then come back and do 2nd job then go straight there when i finish sat evening. Then i get nearly 2 whole days and if it turns to shit i can come home. Camping Everything Is Fine GIF by Kel Cripe

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Found my first camping spot to practice 😊 only 30mins away too. Rivington brewery 🍻 shame im off the sauce buuut apparently the scooter lot are looking at camping there regularly. I could go set up saturday after first job then come back and do 2nd job then go straight there when i finish sat evening. Then i get nearly 2 whole days and if it turns to shit i can come home. Camping Everything Is Fine GIF by Kel Cripe

So you're going to stay in a tent in the middle of Winter?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

So you're going to stay in a tent in the middle of Winter?

Tents can be very warm and cozy in the winter.  The snow is a great insulator. :littleguy:

I spent a week once in the mountains during the winter and loved it.  Hope to do more very soon!

• Like 6

22 hours ago, MooN said:

@gymwitch If you're going to windermere, there are about a gazillion hiking shops in and around the town ( or there used to be) and they often have sleeping bags "on display" so you can get a look at the size and shape. They are also usually full of helpfull info, once they have understood the parameters ( weight being less of a problem on a bike then when backpacking for example). Though I guess you need a bag before you go up there...

I love the lake district, I grew up walking the fells every summer cos we had no money but an aunt who had a B&B in Ambleside... 

should imagine there is a few Hiking shops left if there was a gazillion of em .

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Never understand that.....I think maybe because tent people freak out those non-tent people......😆

Judging from the content of this thread Id say that must be true 😂

Mind you I was booking up the ferry to bring the bikes back end of June and found myself booking nice apartments with a kitchen, a washing machine and a wide screen tv rather than campsites 😆 but then Im a bone fide fair weather camper and who knows what the weather will be doing then..

Excuse GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 5

1 hour ago, gymwitch said:

you could nip down to the barn for a good sunday dinner and it's tasty

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I think maybe because tent people freak out those non-tent people

It doesn't freak me out......it's just that I can't see how anybody could possibly enjoy that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It doesn't freak me out......it's just that I can't see how anybody could possibly enjoy that.

Guess you're just too old and worried you'll get bummed by some dago midgets again

Teeth Weirdo GIF

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Buckster said:

The only issue I have when camping is keeping the bitches out of my tent at night.

Dont camp so near HoeJoe's Truck Stops.

:wave:

• Haha 5

• 1 month later...

Ordered the lowering links from lust racing. 60 squid thanks very much. Getting those on before i drop this poor bike again. Also upped the anti down at the gym. Sod this for a game of chequers. Im on it. 

Nottaking full responsibility for the last drop but im not going into that just yet. 

The plan so far....

Lower bike.

Fit a centre stand. 

Get a sleeping bag.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Ordered the lowering links from lust racing. 60 squid thanks very much. Getting those on before i drop this poor bike again. Also upped the anti down at the gym. Sod this for a game of chequers. Im on it. 

Nottaking full responsibility for the last drop but im not going into that just yet. 

The plan so far....

Lower bike.

Fit a centre stand. 

Get a sleeping bag.

will you still be able to get it on the center stand with the bike lowered

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

will you still be able to get it on the center stand with the bike lowered

Im hoping so. If not hubs will sort it as he's a welder. Just want to lower it first and then I'll know whats what.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, gymwitch said:

One step closer 😬 going to be monday before i can put them on though 😫

20220304_085410.jpg

My missus fitted a set of these to her Triumph Speed Four when she had it. They were just the job! 😎

• Like 3