Motorbike camping

gymwitch

5 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

My husky died in my arms unexpectedly and it was a long drawn out struggling death. Im having flashbacks of it. The jrt went peacefully but like you say the soul is gone from a house that i despise anyway. Lost is not the word. I cant see me ever doing it again but ive never ever been without dogs and cats snd birds and rabbits, guinea pigs, fish on and on. 

Your dogs are beautiful. Dogs are ace 😍

My mates Husky drown in a river a few years ago it was very sad as the bike was brand new and i had never seen him cry before 

PICT0009-2.jpg.24e7e16b78a5f63160ce0778d96e19ad.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, Mawsley said:

Boil time 1l in 4.5 minutes? I can boil a litre, go for a shit, and draw a picture of Six fucking a pre-teen goat in the time I save with mine.

As long as your gas hasn’t taken a shit over your sleeping bag, or you have run out and can’t find a replacement. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mawsley said:

Always have two on the go now for that reason. One cops it, we have a pup in within the week to dull the pain. Nothing makes you forget the grief more than a little shit whining through the night and pissing in your best shoes ( that she’s just eaten).

Woofs are the best and most painful thing in life.

Absolutely agree. The jrt Spud was the pup i got towards the end of the life of the jrt before him, Midge. Our husky boy was a rescue that we felt sorry for....the abuse he had endured was awful. I should be happy they got to good ages. Shiloh was 14 and Spud was almost 18!!  They are indeed the best and most painful thing. 

I will get another when im done riding the bike. Whenever that is. 

Was weird not putting 'the lads' on the xmas cards this year. 😔

Anyway im focused on stuff now and its helped massively talking on here about them too so thanks everyone for that. Cant talk about it to anyone face to face as i see the pain in their eyes too so we just mumble on. 

Screenshot_20220103-081612_Instagram.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Just chatted with Tammy she's riding the trail that crosses the States in may she camping too, ugh, i told her her wife can use my KLR if they want

https://www.transamtrail.com

i dont use it much nowdays id rather ride the Tomos around at least i can still pick that up.

Dont matter if they break it Tammy will just fix it better then it was.

😃

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Buckster said:

I only use a two season bag but I have a liner and I run hot anyway.

Cotton liners are an essential too, definitely.  Extra layer in the winter or on it's own in the summer. I used to take mine if I was staying away in hotels in the summer too. So many hotels put a duvet on the bed with no top sheet in summer, so you either roast with the duvet or freeze without it. I used to take the duvet off the bed and sleep in my liner, which is much more comfortable. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tym said:

Just chatted with Tammy she's riding the trail that crosses the States in may she camping too, ugh, i told her her wife can use my KLR if they want

https://www.transamtrail.com

i dont use it much nowdays id rather ride the Tomos around at least i can still pick that up.

Dont matter if they break it Tammy will just fix it better then it was.

😃

Ace, I'd love to ride that transamtrail.  What bike is she using Tym ?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I think she will use her africa twin, not sure she's sure. :wave:

• Like 3

Ohhhkaay.

The plan this week is to get the stuff ive got together so far and make a list of stuff i need from your help and tips on here 😊

Going to try and sort a microphone out for the gopro too. I need a new helmet aswel as both of mine let rain in at the top of the visor. Very helpful. 

Load bike up and practice !!! 

Happy Amy Adams GIF

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Ohhhkaay.

The plan this week is to get the stuff ive got together so far and make a list of stuff i need from your help and tips on here 😊

Going to try and sort a microphone out for the gopro too. I need a new helmet aswel as both of mine let rain in at the top of the visor. Very helpful. 

Happy Amy Adams GIF

In my experience of riding with a fully loaded bike I've found that the bike is very much more stable if it is loaded correctly, best advice has already been given in regards to loading the bike heavy on bottom and lighter stuff up top over and above I'd just say get out there and get acquainted with it 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Ohhhkaay.

Happy Amy Adams GIF

cant wait ...

R (23).gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 01/01/2022 at 15:46, boboneleg said:

A lot depends on which bike you’re using. If you’re thinking of using your 400 then it could be difficult as sports bikes don’t really lend themselves to carrying a lot of luggage.

Piece of piss!

Over-2.jpg.6ba32866d4446e225c17971b16fa0e00.jpg

• Haha 7

We did the camping malarkey in the 80,s, with a huge 4 berth frame tent.

At the time it was good fun, but now in my dotage I much prefer a hotel with all the amenities. 

But each to their own, If you want to do it, go for it @gymwitch

• Like 3

5 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Dont look now butt in intro's is you know who.... 😃

• Like 1

@gymwitch If you're going to windermere, there are about a gazillion hiking shops in and around the town ( or there used to be) and they often have sleeping bags "on display" so you can get a look at the size and shape. They are also usually full of helpfull info, once they have understood the parameters ( weight being less of a problem on a bike then when backpacking for example). Though I guess you need a bag before you go up there...

I love the lake district, I grew up walking the fells every summer cos we had no money but an aunt who had a B&B in Ambleside... 

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, MooN said:

@gymwitch If you're going to windermere, there are about a gazillion hiking shops in and around the town ( or there used to be) and they often have sleeping bags "on display" so you can get a look at the size and shape. They are also usually full of helpfull info, once they have understood the parameters ( weight being less of a problem on a bike then when backpacking for example). Though I guess you need a bag before you go up there...

I love the lake district, I grew up walking the fells every summer cos we had no money but an aunt who had a B&B in Ambleside... 

They were probably all washed away with the most recent flooding 

• Like 1