Motorbike camping

gymwitch

14 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I keep having "dog moments", feel like I have forgotten something, or should check on her and say hi.....

Last night I thought I heard her drinking water in the kitchen, so weird.  The house sure does take on a different feeling. 😐

I love my GoPros and making videos.  I find it fun for myself, too look back at my adventures.  🙂

Our dog died almost a year before we left the UK for Spain and it was the hardest time I’ve ever had and there have been a few I can tell you. The house was just different, it seemed empty and the life had been sucked out if it.

My wife really struggled with it for a couple of years as he died right in front of her and I was about three hours away. I felt guilty for not being there and I think she felt I’d let her down.

We both said we couldn’t go through that again and vowed not to have any more dogs but fast forward to Spain and here we are with two of the buggers………….wouldn’t be without a dog by choice.

So, it’s Bertie and Lou (cross breed and Labrador) now and Fraser the Springer Spaniel from when we were in the UK.

B955AD45-CEAA-4176-AC21-B354B877A37D.jpeg

6143C924-ABA9-46F0-9B3A-2D4BEEEE0D52.jpeg

289CE747-05CB-477B-8683-51E528F47DDF.jpeg

8CE88504-1D5F-4552-9A09-8CAEE9403AA5.jpeg

49D527BA-734B-4E1A-9F43-CDB4203B4D48.jpeg

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Speaking of Kettles.....I just spoiled myself and got the Kelly Kettle Scout Ultimate Kit

It's a stick stove and boils water super fast...... 🙂 ...and it has a whistle!

This is not a bike camping kit, but still very nice!!!

kelly-kettle-stainless-steel-ultimate-scout-kit-coec.jpeg

Very very nice. Pricey?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Our dog died almost a year before we left the UK for Spain and it was the hardest time I’ve ever had and there have been a few I can tell you. The house was just different, it seemed empty and the life had been sucked out if it.

My wife really struggled with it for a couple of years as he died right in front of her and I was about three hours away. I felt guilty for not being there and I think she felt I’d let her down.

We both said we couldn’t go through that again and vowed not to have any more dogs but fast forward to Spain and here we are with two of the buggers………….wouldn’t be without a dog by choice.

So, it’s Bertie and Lou (cross breed and Labrador) now and Fraser the Springer Spaniel from when we were in the UK.

Ohhh, look at that smile 🙂

I have the same thoughts now........NEVER again, can't do it........

But, I have a feeling that will pass and I will have another dog someday.....they are just so awesome!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Skippy said:

It stings for so long Ive sworn no more dogs. Over the last two years Ive gone from five dogs to just two. I still dream about them often, that really they’re alive and well and its all been a big mistake. I tell my sons they dont need to be so sad, that dogs dont know how long they live, they just enjoy the present, that they are like butterflies, theyre here, they’re beautiful and they’re gone. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

It stings for so long Ive sworn no more dogs. Over the last two years Ive gone from five dogs to just two. I still dream about them often, that really they’re alive and well and its all been a big mistake. I tell my sons they dont need to be so sad, that dogs dont know how long they live, they just enjoy the present, that they are like butterflies, theyre here, they’re beautiful and they’re gone. 

We're down from 6 in 2009 to just 1. She's nearly 16 now and she'll be the last.

We can't go through the losses anymore and we're now well past exercising them properly.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

We're down from 6 in 2009 to just 1. She's nearly 16 now and she'll be the last.

We can't go through the losses anymore and we're now well past exercising them properly.

16 is damn good going Pete, all those trips to the vets are paying off!

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Snugpak, made in Britain and light but oh so warm , the Military use them :littleguy:

https://www.snugpak.com/sleeping/best-sellers

I'll second that, Bob. My snugpak sleeping bag is still going strong and packs down reasonably small and keeps me warm at night, unless it's really cold out. I've only got the 3 season rated bag as I don't see me camping in the middle of winter!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Tango said:

I'll second that, Bob. My snugpak sleeping bag is still going strong and packs down reasonably small and keeps me warm at night, unless it's really cold out. I've only got the 3 season rated bag as I don't see me camping in the middle of winter!

I only use a two season bag but I have a liner and I run hot anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Good memory...

Yes, a Keeper of the Books by day and an international spy agent by night......😄

creeping secret agent GIF by Manny404

Well they do say an elephant never forgets.

Guess you must hide money for some very big players

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I only use a two season bag but I have a liner and I run hot anyway.

Understood, you have a fair bit of bodymass   (like in huge fecker)  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Im afraid the sleeping bag thing is a minefield because everyone’s sleeping comfort zone temperature isnt the same. I get cold so I have the warmest sub zero sleeping bag and a silk liner which I use most of the year, that would be a nightmare for most people! Im afraid its a suck it and see. 

I can say the expensive cotton sleeping bag I brought is a massive NOOO, unsurprisingly cotton sucks up condensation! 

I started off with two thinner sleeping bag and from the combination of layers available quickly discovered what warmth rating suited me then read lots of reviews. 

Do you have a water carry bag?

How many nights are you going for?

ps I finally bought a mummy sleeping bag against my better judgement.. its horrible, I had to sleep with it undone 😆 

I discovered not so long ago that if your cold wearing your bike gear isn't as warm as using it as blankets. So when camping i always strip down and use what i was wearing as extra layers on top only down side is its a bit cold when you get up to use the loo in your birthday suit :classic_laugh:

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Skippy said:

My husky died in my arms unexpectedly and it was a long drawn out struggling death. Im having flashbacks of it. The jrt went peacefully but like you say the soul is gone from a house that i despise anyway. Lost is not the word. I cant see me ever doing it again but ive never ever been without dogs and cats snd birds and rabbits, guinea pigs, fish on and on. 

Your dogs are beautiful. Dogs are ace 😍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Speaking of Kettles.....I just spoiled myself and got the Kelly Kettle Scout Ultimate Kit

It's a stick stove and boils water super fast...... 🙂 ...and it has a whistle!

This is not a bike camping kit, but still very nice!!!

kelly-kettle-stainless-steel-ultimate-scout-kit-coec.jpeg

Lush 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I really like those but theyre all mummy bags apart from one thats not warm enough for me.

Ditto. I feel like ive been buried alive in them. Ugghhh

• Like 1
  • Haha 3