Because I miss the UK and its weather!

Sofia

So, the forecast said it was going to rain, a lot. A storm was heading to Portugal West coast and all sort of warnings were on the news advising people to be careful and preferably not do any unnecessary trip.  On hearing that, I decided the best thing to do was to go out for a ride!! And reminisce and relive memories of ridding in the UK, in the  wet,  with ultra sport tyres!!

Anyway, I am slow enough to not be a problem on any level and in fairness the Pirelli Supercorsa are so good, even in the wet and coldish December stormy day, they had lots of grip, I had to push them hard with a fist full of accelerator  exiting the motorway service station for the traction control to kick in, making me laugh like a mad hooligan!! 

Yesterday my goal was to reach on of Wellington's Torres Lines Fort, the "Forte do Alqueirão"  ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_of_Alqueidão)  . 

@Pedro has found a couple and my Dad as mentioned  a load more, so I ached a plan to visit them all on the Triumph! I have now realized my plan is flawed because the access to these Forts is fit only for 19" wheels on knobblies..  So I will save my off road excursions for when I have no choice and can't avoid them and shall visit the Forts by car! 

Some how I picked up a screw in the back tyre and ended the ride at the tyre shop getting it sorted. The bike was so mega dirty, I chose to leave it there so they could fix the puncture and clean it and pick it up today, which gave me an excuse to ride again under very dark clouds and a blustery South West wind!! 

Managed to escape the down pours and had a quiet moment overlooking the Atlantic,  contemplating my bike and feeling massively grateful for  all the wonderfulness I have in my life! Top gratitude goes for the doggies that were patiently waiting for me to take them for a stroll at the beach!  

image.png.28ad5f5e83e91f951cf2291a57cae95a.png

image.png.fb5e15c75dc420a6b8ad85aece841803.png

One little note here for the blue thing you see on the handle bar! That is the attachment for the phone from Quadlock, something @Pedro has been campaigning for me to get for a longggggg time!! He gave up waiting on me and  actually got the whole thing and I only had to get the cover for the phone. 

This thing is, indeed, marvelous!! Cannot recommend it enough. !80 kms/h its safe as houses and does not budge. It is a luxury to be ridding along and seeing the screen with whatever the info is. Really happy with this!! thank you Pedro for yet another great improvement to my life! Yes, I was very reluctant to have something like this for a long time, but like inter-coms, this makes life a lot easier. 

image.png.6cfbb4db9480e014ce6b6e4e8b941c21.png

Not going up there... It is like 3 kms of off road to get to the monument, not a clever idea, so I didnt do it. 

Hey-ho, the road with tarmac is one of my favourites so I just enjoyed that!  The restaurant was shut as well, definitely must return!! 

image.png.bae5269bdc74ff754f57ace7d7d17a00.png

Today's moment of reflection, framed by 2 gorgeous things, the Ocean and the Speed Triple!!! 

image.png.50900fffdacd20eabb9f48dc97ef9250.png

image.png.b7d7ea23bd61706fbc39560983173bee.png

With the doggies, no bikes in sight!! Lea the Terrier is experienced with the big waves and wild sea, not fazed by any of the crushing waves, Luke Skywalker is not so sure and looks on with apprehension to the sizable waves rumbling towards the wall and spraying us with salty water! 

image.png.4403b4879d24375bf43409910496f11d.png

image.png.66304f124a91297eef9f4209350e6256.png

image.png.7dc99f5de6f3e13d3ad29f993df43772.png

image.png.d51bc77ea3a9719e89809828958dfb3f.png

I made a video, but its proving impossible to edit... will keep trying and if I manage I will publish here! 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Superb Sofia, the girl is showing us blokes how is should be done 😎

Im loving Luke Skywalker, what sort of breed is he ?

Luke is a cross, I suspect of Jack Russel with the Portuguese Podengo, which is, in fact the Portuguese terrier! So he is 100% terrier, and that might explain why Lea, the Fox Terrier Princess, fell in love with him when normally she is the biggest doggie snob to all the other dogs that have spent some time with us. Luke was found on the streets, unwanted, and was supposed to be adopted, but not by me... First Pedro and after Lea made such a campaign for him to stay that he stayed!! It was a great thing all round, happy story for humans and doggies!! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, XTreme said:

Great report Sofia......have you thought about getting another bike to do the rougher stuff?

I have... but lost between the love for the speed triple and the need for something more adequate to the current setting.... I fancy the Scrambler 1200 XE or the Norden 901

• Like 2

A little bit of yesterday. Its a crap video, please forgive me!!  Its a helmet camera, so every time I shake my head you know about it!! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

I have... but lost between the love for the speed triple and the need for something more adequate to the current setting.... I fancy the Scrambler 1200 XE or the Norden 901

just put knobbies on it!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Lovely videos Sofia, how interesting that you have your navigation set to English rather than Portuguese 

I have everything set to english rather then portuguese, my brain seems to work better like that. Still, as you can see, I dont do what it tells me to do, always end up going round the houses and lost!! But its in being lost that I find magical places and people! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

i had a 1050 Speed @Sofia, good bike , dont know why i got rid..... you seen  the 1200rs..... complete new bike and @XTreme will like this it only weighs 198kg.

I have seen it, but it's a Tuono wanna be... if I was on the market for a super sport naked, I would just get the Tuono. I'm really loving this one now, looking forward to see the difference with the risers up and back so it's not so pitched forward!!