In which Tigger goes muff driving

MooN

"Driving" I said! 

It was firkin cold out, despite the bright sunshine, only 4 or 5 deg c so I dug out the bar muffs which I bought for the Mille Vaches winter rally 2 years ago and fitted them to the bike thinking @boboneleg is gonna love this, for once I leave the top box behind, but fit these monstrosities instead :rofl:

lovely toasty warm hands though, even when the temp dropped with the declining sun around 3:30pm.  Just a quick jaunt into the western reaches of the Morvan to give Tigrou a run and test the muffs. They might look odd but they're verry effective, coupled with heated grips and winter gloves. I reckon I can ride right down into stupid cold now 👍

Took the back roads up to Corbigny, and the main road west of the river back. about 150km in all.

The Muffs

DSC05101.thumb.JPG.276b1db43305d5d79d726bf7d46d810c.JPG

DSC05096.thumb.JPG.9016ca4bdc82130fd42eca45f70ee9ea.JPG

DSC05099.thumb.JPG.98c7c1cda9e434f883ddc2d28c2acc18.JPG

Chitry Les Mines ( pronounced "shitty latrines" 🤣 )

DSC05104.thumb.JPG.371b609552a1ad05443ec34f0127b85b.JPG

• Like 9

Just now, XTreme said:

Nice shots Chris!

The green bits on those lanes look like they could be a bit slippery though?

ooh they are, they're at their best when they've been frozen overnight and are about half thawed 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

That looks proper cold, way better than rain though. Doesn't it bother you not having the buttons and stuff where you can see them? With winter gloves on I can't really feel the thumb buttons.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Pedro said:

That looks proper cold, way better than rain though. Doesn't it bother you not having the buttons and stuff where you can see them? With winter gloves on I can't really feel the thumb buttons.

Not really, I know where the buttons are by feel and never need to actually look for them. The High/Low beam is a pain to activate but I don't do much riding at night in really cold weather but that would be a problem.

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I like the look of Shitty Latrines, is that like a basin on the canal behind your bike ?

That's the Port at Chitry Bob, Got my eye on it for a futur satellite base for work and I know the incumbent has ceased trading this year so I though I'd have a look whilst I was up that way. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, MooN said:

Not really, I know where the buttons are by feel and never need to actually look for them. The High/Low beam is a pain to activate but I don't do much riding at night in really cold weather but that would be a problem.

That's the Port at Chitry Bob, Got my eye on it for a futur satellite base for work and I know the incumbent has ceased trading this year so I though I'd have a look whilst I was up that way. 

"Future"

On 18/12/2021 at 21:47, MooN said:

"Driving" I said! 

It was firkin cold out, despite the bright sunshine, only 4 or 5 deg c so I dug out the bar muffs which I bought for the Mille Vaches winter rally 2 years ago and fitted them to the bike thinking @boboneleg is gonna love this, for once I leave the top box behind, but fit these monstrosities instead :rofl:

lovely toasty warm hands though, even when the temp dropped with the declining sun around 3:30pm.  Just a quick jaunt into the western reaches of the Morvan to give Tigrou a run and test the muffs. They might look odd but they're verry effective, coupled with heated grips and winter gloves. I reckon I can ride right down into stupid cold now 👍

Took the back roads up to Corbigny, and the main road west of the river back. about 150km in all.

The Muffs

DSC05101.thumb.JPG.276b1db43305d5d79d726bf7d46d810c.JPG

DSC05096.thumb.JPG.9016ca4bdc82130fd42eca45f70ee9ea.JPG

DSC05099.thumb.JPG.98c7c1cda9e434f883ddc2d28c2acc18.JPG

Chitry Les Mines ( pronounced "shitty latrines" 🤣 )

DSC05104.thumb.JPG.371b609552a1ad05443ec34f0127b85b.JPG

Gorgeous fotos!! The muffs dont look too bad...

• Like 1