Questions have been asked......

XTreme

......about why is Bike of the Month called Bike of the Month?

Which is a fair question when you consider that we're not just voting for the Bike......we're voting for everything that the image contains.

I'm talking about the combination of a bike in a great location with great image quality etc. The sort of pic that gives you a good vibe!

That's never been more apparent than this month with @Mawsley's Vespa winning by a landslide......because I don't think anybody who voted for it would aspire to own a Vespa! So nobody really voted for the bike did they?

Therefore, my question is should Bike of the Month be renamed to something else? Something that encompasses all the criteria that we use to place our vote?

What do you think? And if you think it should be renamed then throw out some options!

• Like 1

I'm sorry but I don't get the  '...because I don't think anybody who voted for it would aspire to own a Vespa  '  bit at all. 

Why is the Vespa any less of a bike than any others on here ?  what if we get a newbie who rides a C90 or a Honda X-ADV ?  are those any less of a bike ?

• Like 3

Just now, boboneleg said:

I'm sorry but I don't get the  '...because I don't think anybody who voted for it would aspire to own a Vespa  '  bit at all. 

Why is the Vespa any less of a bike than any others on here ?  what if we get a newbie who rides a C90 or a Honda X-ADV ?  are those any less of a bike ?

All of them are lesser bikes than mine, I’m the only one here that rides a real bike.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Fucking grow up you ginger twat, you can stick your “woke” philosophy right up your midget bummed arse.

A point of order has been raised so I'm putting it out there for opinions.

After all, we're not one of those dreadful forums where the owner is a control freak that thinks he's ruling a Kingdom and everybody is his subject.

Everything is done democratically here!

And by the way.......

5trj8o.jpg.742ed49bd992aab30a5f8afb6d4f7e6e.jpg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I made the point in the BOTM vote that if we were voting for the bike (and no other criteria) then I'd vote for Pedro's every month. And you might vote for Fred's.

I'm not complaining about the Vespa winning.....I voted for it and I've owned a Vespa.....so I don't have an anti-Scooter thing.

But just think WHY you voted for who you did? And I guarantee it wasn't solely because of the bike......there were other factors involved.

So should the title be changed to be representative of all the factors involved?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

But we're all bike riders , that's the common thing that brings us here  ?

You’re not here because you ride a bike, you are here because every forum needs a gimp.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

But we're all bike riders , that's the common thing that brings us here  ?

Of course.......so should we be voting for the rider then?

What factors made you vote the way you did?

In my case I thought it was a great quality pic......and the general vibe of the Vespa in that rural environment looked great!

Like the previous month with the stately home and the GSX......it was just a great scene.

I voted that way because the total package was great each time.....not because I like the Vespa or the GSX.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What factors made you vote the way you did?

Decent quality shot, superb backdrop, the fact that the bike was being used to carry something unusual, it looked like the rider was on a great ride.

It could be all sorts of things that would make me vote for a certain photo, the fact that it was a BMW1200GS (I hope I've got that correct) was neither here nor there for me.  If I'm perfectly honest it's not my favourite bike ever by a long shot but that wouldn't stop me voting for it.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Decent quality shot, superb backdrop, the fact that the bike was being used to carry something unusual, it looked like the rider was on a great ride.

It could be all sorts of things that would make me vote for a certain photo, the fact that it was a BMW1200GS (I hope I've got that correct) was neither here nor there for me.  If I'm perfectly honest it's not my favourite bike ever by a long shot but that wouldn't stop me voting for it.

Exactly.......same reasons as me when I voted for the Vespa.

As I said, the question was raised.......should it be called something other than BOTM cos it's not solely based on the bike?

I'm fine with it as BOTM myself......it's been like that since the early days of MB.

But if other members think it should be retitled to something that describes it better then we could do that.

9 hours ago, XTreme said:

I made the point in the BOTM vote that if we were voting for the bike (and no other criteria) then I'd vote for Pedro's every month. And you might vote for Fred's.

I'm not complaining about the Vespa winning.....I voted for it and I've owned a Vespa.....so I don't have an anti-Scooter thing.

But just think WHY you voted for who you did? And I guarantee it wasn't solely because of the bike......there were other factors involved.

So should the title be changed to be representative of all the factors involved?

no other factors in my vote it was the bike.. not the picture itself , Trading standards need bring in on this .

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Buckster said:

It pissed off @Six30

I suspect that @Mawsley posted that pic primarily for this reason and the voting was also a kind of protest vote? 

I have nothing against the Vespa and it was a great photo, but I voted for @MooN because I liked the bike and the setting. It was a close run thing though, because I also liked Michelle's photo and @Sir Fallsalot. In fact, I liked all the photos, so maybe it was my affinity with the Triumph that swung it! 😂😂😂

Edit: I lost my train of thought in my reply. Personally I think that Bike of the Month still encapsulates the sentiment of the subject, but maybe to keep in line with current trends it ought to be called TOTWVOAVTIASOTM:  Two or Three Wheeled vehicle or any vehicle that identifies as such of the Month.

That should keep everyone happy? 😂😂😂

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Six30 said:

no other factors in my vote it was the bike.. not the picture itself , Trading standards need bring in on this .

But the bikes rarely change, so the setting or the photo is the only variable from month-to-month? But, the bike is the constant, so calling it BOTM encapsulates it for me. 

This reply probably makes no sense to anyone else, but I know what I mean! 😉😂😂👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There should be two votes, BOTM and TBOTM, that’s Bike of the month, which I would win every month because I have the only real bike here and then Trans Bike of the month for the rest of you casuals.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Buckster said:

There should be two votes, BOTM and TBOTM, that’s Bike of the month, which I would win every month because I have the only real bike here and then Trans Bike of the month for the rest of you casuals.

Shouldn't we have BIVOTM......Bike in Van of the Month.....in order to appeal to all demographics?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Tango said:

I suspect that @Mawsley posted that pic primarily for this reason and the voting was also a kind of protest vote? 

I have nothing against the Vespa and it was a great photo, but I voted for @MooN because I liked the bike and the setting. It was a close run thing though, because I also liked Michelle's photo and @Sir Fallsalot. In fact, I liked all the photos, so maybe it was my affinity with the Triumph that swung it! 😂😂😂

Edit: I lost my train of thought in my reply. Personally I think that Bike of the Month still encapsulates the sentiment of the subject, but maybe to keep in line with current trends it ought to be called TOTWVOAVTIASOTM:  Two or Three Wheeled vehicle or any vehicle that identifies as such of the Month.

That should keep everyone happy? 😂😂😂

If it was pic of the month I would of voted for @boboneleg and his top boxes , bit off effort and funny , but bike of the month  is @Sir Fallsalot and got my vote same as it would next month … so it should be POTM

• Like 2

Anyway, for me it's a bit of fun and I do actually think of where I can go on the bike to try to get a decent photo, so it encourages me to explore a bit more, which has to be a good thing? 

What it's called is really semantics?

• Like 3