What's in your Future?

XTreme

As a serial bike changer it's difficult for me to stick with one bike for any length of time.....you may have noticed?

Problem is that I'm limited to what I can buy now due to my age......a heavy machine just wouldn't be a realistic choice.

Plus, they don't make bikes that appeal to me like they used to......they're all this Judge Dredd weird styling now!

So......where do I go from here if I decide to sell the Beemer? Remember that It must be light and have a minimum of 19" front wheel.

In my case I see only two options in my future......CB500X or CRF300L. But neither of those really grab me as such......it's more a case of trying to make the best of it.

So what's in your future?

• Like 3

I'll never sell my current GS. 

Having said that, there might be space in the garage in a medium term future for another bike. Something with a little more flare like a MVAgusta or a Ducati? Another GS, or an RT for a perfect cross europe tour, or maybe a naked sportier bike? Who knows?

• Like 3

I'll be changing the Honda soon I think. I like the look of the new Triumph Tiger 660, but also the Trident 660. The Trident is a bit different and is lighter than the Tiger, so..........😉

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Tango said:

I'll be changing the Honda soon I think. I like the look of the new Triumph Tiger 660, but also the Trident 660. The Trident is a bit different and is lighter than the Tiger, so..........😉

You'll lose the offroad capability though Bob?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

As a serial bike changer it's difficult for me to stick with one bike for any length of time.....you may have noticed?

Problem is that I'm limited to what I can buy now due to my age......a heavy machine just wouldn't be a realistic choice.

Plus, they don't make bikes that appeal to me like they used to......they're all this Judge Dredd weird styling now!

So......where do I go from here if I decide to sell the Beemer? Remember that It must be light and have a minimum of 19" front wheel.

In my case I see only two options in my future......CB500X or CRF300L. But neither of those really grab me as such......it's more a case of trying to make the best of it.

So what's in your future?

CB500x will send you to sleep. Heavy, gutless, vanilla power delivery, comfortable, snooooooooze. At least you can motard the hell out of the crf300 and hurl it through corners like a delinquent, bundle of fun. And it's also a real dirt bike if you want to put knobbies on it. 

No contest, mate!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tango said:

Yeah but the Tiger is high-end triumph with dreamy suspension and traction control tech. The Trident is the consolation prize that Triumph made for the people who can't afford a Triumph. Don't do that to yourself.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Catteeclan said:

You don't need 19" front wheel for the off-road you do. 

I know......but I prefer the feel of the 19" on the road!

Strange I know, but 19" suits me better!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

I know......but I prefer the feel of the 19" on the road!

Strange I know, but 19" suits me better!

Im sure you'd actually prefer and 29"er after your tales of dago midgets in far away holes in the ground 

• Haha 4

The only thing I see in my future is a new (or newer ) DR650, I certainly won't be going for anything bigger.  If Honda hadn't put that shit engine in the CRF450L then that might have been the holy grail :classic_sleep:

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

The only thing I see in my future is a new (or newer ) DR650, I certainly won't be going for anything bigger.  If Honda hadn't put that shit engine in the CRF450L then that might have been the holy grail :classic_sleep:

They can't make a holy grail bike, the game would be over :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What's the problem with that engine Bob?

Very poor fueling making it hard work to ride and needs money spent on it to get it to run right, it's also got low service intervals and needs rebuilding after 20000 miles if you go by the book and a £10000 price tag when it came out

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Very poor fueling making it hard work to ride and needs money spent on it to get it to run right, it's also got low service intervals and needs rebuilding after 20000 miles if you go by the book and a £10000 price tag when it came out

Are people actually buying them? :classic_unsure: