Petrol Powered Motorbikes to be phased out by 2035

Tango

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Mawsley said:

What. The. Actual. Fuck. Is “Ambient guitar”?

Burn your fucking computer, Bob.

Sounds like you need some, mate, to deal with all that anger? 😂😂😂

35 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

On another note they can fuck off if they think im riding electric.....the silly fuckers!!!

I’ve no issues with electric as long as it’s got the range and some of the ease of charge. 

Touring on back roads, my bike can go 650km to a tank, go… :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pedro said:

I’ve no issues with electric as long as it’s got the range and some of the ease of charge. 

Touring on back roads, my bike can go 650km to a tank, go… :classic_laugh:

See im old school and think electric vehicles should be on the scrap pile.....they are shite with range as they just get you to the end of the drive before running out of power and silent so in my view more dangerous to unsuspecting pedestrians 

• Haha 3

I see their starting to build electric dirt bikes but keeping the clutch and gearbox which is something I've been bleating on about for a while. i have also read all the major motorcycle manufactures had agreed to use the same battery design so could mean a battery you can swap like you would with a battery power tool making recharging a lot more convenient 

They make this sound great and it would be for the individual but what happens when there's hundreds of people looking for somewhere to charge their bikes all at the same time i don't think the locals will be so accommodating then and will probably end up taking advantage of anyone who needs to plug in 

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2021/nov/28/easy-rider-well-miss-the-roar-but-electric-motorbikes-cant-kill-our-road-romance?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium&utm_source=Twitter&fbclid=IwAR1JVLFNta1CXjwoviY4zsw4v5uH5PoqK3kOFvfii-2PAhrN6NwK597FxT4#Echobox=1638086264

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

They make this sound great and it would be for the individual but what happens when there's hundreds of people looking for somewhere to charge their bikes all at the same time i don't think the locals will be so accommodating then and will probably end up taking advantage of anyone who needs to plug in 

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2021/nov/28/easy-rider-well-miss-the-roar-but-electric-motorbikes-cant-kill-our-road-romance?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium&utm_source=Twitter&fbclid=IwAR1JVLFNta1CXjwoviY4zsw4v5uH5PoqK3kOFvfii-2PAhrN6NwK597FxT4#Echobox=1638086264

"The joys of motorcycling are many and varied, extending way beyond the lazy tropes of “petrol heads” and leather-clad biker gangs that have tainted its image since the 1970s."

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

it will be great in the isle of man on race weeks when everyone is trying to charge their bikes life will turn interesting 🤨

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

"The joys of motorcycling are many and varied, extending way beyond the lazy tropes of “petrol heads” and leather-clad biker gangs that have tainted its image since the 1970s."

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

I think they could be referring to that certain club that ruined everyone else's reputation getting their reputation

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, skyrider said:

it will be great in the isle of man on race weeks when everyone is trying to charge their bikes life will turn interesting 🤨

I think events like that are exactly what regulators are trying to end ...

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I think events like that are exactly what regulators are trying to end ...

yes i think with the iom a lot of the residents dont want it anymore so  in a few years it wont be an event anymore plus if all the race bikes run on batteries that wont help, i have been over there and watched them and really i would sooner watch wire wool go rusty they are not that exiting 🤨

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, skyrider said:

yes i think with the iom a lot of the residents dont want it anymore so  in a few years it wont be an event anymore plus if all the race bikes run on batteries that wont help, i have been over there and watched them and really i would sooner watch wire wool go rusty they are not that exiting 🤨

Same thing happens with the Nurburgring, green parties are trying to shut it for years, and the majority of the locals aren't keen on it either, they don't really like noisy cars going by their street on the way to the track on sunday mornings. But, the fact is a big part of the area's income comes straight from the track, close it and use it for bycicle races and other nonsense and suddenly 70% of the area's income goes to shit.

Me? I don't take out of the catalyst on my bike because it helps me have a clearer conscience, but I also won't stop riding unless I'm forbidden to, and I think all this crap is pointless, we'll all go to shit and the planet will pick itself up in less than a century.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...