Ride Report: BikeHedonia rides the world (one way or another)

Grace (BikeHedonia)

On 23/03/2022 at 00:09, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

Too awesome! Thanks mate! Woa it's real, I'm in print. 🤩 Unbelievable.

Congratualations Grace, you get two circles and a snap!  :littleguy:

18 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Just found the clutch one too and I'm no wiser either.:classic_laugh:

Well the new clutch has already lasted longer than the first one. A friend tells me that he had the same problem with his klx 250, the first clutch lasted about five minutes. Why? Great mystery of life

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

Well the new clutch has already lasted longer than the first one. A friend tells me that he had the same problem with his klx 250, the first clutch lasted about five minutes. Why? Great mystery of life

I suspect chinessium.:littleguy:

2 hours ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

Well it lasted a few minutes longer than the KLR's doohickey if that's any consolation!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well Cambodia is a bunch of fun. One of the few countries in south east Asia where more roads are dirt than are bitumen. There's a lot of off road happiness to be had.

I've been exploring the Cardamom Mountains, dodging storms and nihilistic road users; blessed with good luck for the Khmer New Year by way of being soaked with water and smeared with talcum powder by roadside gangs of revellers. (Actually, the talc has made the lining of my helmet smell a lot better than it did before.)

I had to abort mission briefly when my bike nearly fell in two due to the failure of tank bolt bushings, but soon sorted that out and got back on the road again.

I got a little tired for a moment there... but took a rest and now I'm all good again.

Unbelievably I've already been here three weeks! Only one week left until I have to scoot back to Thailand to run a tour through the jungle - which will be great fun too.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

Well Cambodia is a bunch of fun. One of the few countries in south east Asia where more roads are dirt than are bitumen. There's a lot of off road happiness to be had.

I've been exploring the Cardamom Mountains, dodging storms and nihilistic road users; blessed with good luck for the Khmer New Year by way of being soaked with water and smeared with talcum powder by roadside gangs of revellers. (Actually, the talc has made the lining of my helmet smell a lot better than it did before.)

I had to abort mission briefly when my bike nearly fell in two due to the failure of tank bolt bushings, but soon sorted that out and got back on the road again.

I got a little tired for a moment there... but took a rest and now I'm all good again.

Unbelievably I've already been here three weeks! Only one week left until I have to scoot back to Thailand to run a tour through the jungle - which will be great fun too.

Unfortunately that's a common fault on 690's, I think Rally Raid do a modified part for it.

8 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Unfortunately that's a common fault on 690's, I think Rally Raid do a modified part for it.

The tank bolts and spacers have already been upgraded on my bike 90,000km ago. I don't know what brand they are though, maybe Perun

• Like 2

12 hours ago, XTreme said:

Excellent Grace!

Don't you get physically tired doing all this stuff.......cos most of us here would need medical assistance after the first day?

I do get tired, absolutely! After three or four days riding like this, I usually just want to curl up for a day and rest. You can't just keep going day after day... body and mind needs quiet recovery time from the physical exertion and mental stimulation. If you try to push on and on, things go pear shaped sooner or later...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Great stuff Grace. Had a fair bit to catch up on (speaker wasn't working on laptop) and its was all enjoyable stuff. Can't believe the bikes whole structural integrity hangs on two plastic spacers, mental. 

You look like your handling it all with aplomb, even the slippery stuff 👍 look forward to hearing how your first official tour job goes. 

Never heard of the coconut crab, looked it up, that is one fearsome crab "can eat chickens, kittens and birds but mainly prefers coconuts" 😮

• Like 1