Ride Report: BikeHedonia rides the world (one way or another)

Grace (BikeHedonia)

8 hours ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

I could, but good manners dictate that the owner of the bike always gets the last word, and he seems to be concerned that I might fall off a cliff in the jungle and die?? Haha apparently I need supervision. 

So I did the obvious thing and took the CBR650 which I do own, and rode up and down the mountain playing tag with the drunken holiday traffic. Much safer 😉

Well at least you returned safely from your dice with death and dismemberment. 

So what did you think of the new boots 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

I've been writing about the times before covid, when border runs were a thing, my KTM was in my hot little hands, and I could have probably swum to Myanmar without getting shelled by artillery. Ah, memories. It was a good time. Except for the dead body bit. But apart from that... a good time.

https://bikehedonia.wordpress.com/2022/01/03/before-times/

I really do enjoy reading your adventures 

• Like 2

On 02/01/2022 at 05:53, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

Well Santa brought me a shiny new covid variant and closed borders AGAIN this year - bloody hell Santa, two years in a row? Not very creative. But, he also brought me brand new Gaerne trials boots to distract me, and it worked a treat. Yay!

This means no more trying to ride trials in Sidi Adventure boots. Can't wait to feel the difference. Unfortunately my friend who owns the trials bikes - well he went out with his friends riding all over the mountains for about 7 hours yesterday (which is a Very Long Ride on a trials bike) and is now too exhausted to go riding again. He's on the lounge napping now, so looks like I'll have to wait for another day try out my new boots! Could be worse 😉

IMG_20211227_193115_526.jpg

Good choice Grace.  I've worn Sidi trials boots for years for off-road riding, I also have a pair of Sidi Adventure boots but they are nowhere near as flexible as the trials boots. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Good choice Grace.  I've worn Sidi trials boots for years for off-road riding, I also have a pair of Sidi Adventure boots but they are nowhere near as flexible as the trials boots. 

Yes, the Adventures have that nice hinged ankle support but it's not quite right for trials. I have to admit that I wear MX boots for off roading these days (because I fall down a lot lol). My less gravitationally-victimised friends like to ride in the Gaerne trials boots though. I loved the sg12s for off roading (made me feel like Terinator)  so I'm looking forward to wearing in the trials boots now.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Good choice Grace.  I've worn a Sidi trials boot for years for off-road riding, I also have a Sidi Adventure boot but it is nowhere near as flexible as the trials boot. 

There fixed 👍

• Haha 3

Back in the times when borders were things you could cross, I did a border run to Myanmar, which was fantastic road trip involving the delights of pleased nobody but myself, a dead body (not so great), and being able to swim from one country to the other (for someone who grew up in Australia, a million miles from anywhere, this is a radical notion).

Here is the looooooong version: https://bikehedonia.wordpress.com/2022/01/03/before-times/

And here is the short version:

• Like 5

Okay my lovelies, this episode comes with a content warning: idyllic beaches and tropical delights may possibly evince hazardous amounts of ennui for those of you confined by a sleety winter.

https://bikehedonia.wordpress.com/2022/01/06/im-on-a-boat/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

Okay my lovelies, this episode comes with a content warning: idyllic beaches and tropical delights may possibly evince hazardous amounts of ennui for those of you confined by a sleety winter.

Great shots Grace.......is your foot OK now?

26 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Great shots Grace.......is your foot OK now?

Oh it's totally fine. Although someone later informed me that coral cuts can lead to all sorts of interesting complications. Very happy I didn't get any of them (coral cellulitis sounds like no fun at all.)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

Looking good Grace 👍

You need to exercise caution posting pics like that on here youll give the ageing incels here a coronary 😂

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Looking good Grace 👍

You need to exercise caution posting pics like that on here youll give the ageing incels here a coronary 😂

I had a few palpitations when I saw them! :classic_unsure:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Looking good Grace 👍

Not what I had when I saw them.:classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

I am so excited. I finally got it - the holy grail! Also known as a multientry business visa for Thailand. Which means that I can finally make a dollar or two without getting deported! After two years of lean times, this is unspeakably exciting.

Omg. So if you'd like any kind of motorcycling tour of this magnificent part of the world - on road, off road, hard enduro, whatever you like - I can make it happen. I have the most wonderful local friends and colleagues, including some of the best trials and enduro riders in northern Thailand, so quality and local connections are on point.

I am so excited. 

Brake pads fixed OK.JPG

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

I am so excited. I finally got it - the holy grail! Also known as a multientry business visa for Thailand. Which means that I can finally make a dollar or two without getting deported! After two years of lean times, this is unspeakably exciting.

Omg. So if you'd like any kind of motorcycling tour of this magnificent part of the world - on road, off road, hard enduro, whatever you like - I can make it happen. I have the most wonderful local friends and colleagues, including some of the best trials and enduro riders in northern Thailand, so quality and local connections are on point.

I am so excited. 

Brake pads fixed OK.JPG

Congratulations Grace!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

I am so excited. 

Brake pads fixed OK.JPG

So you have access to some bikes?