end of season

MooN

I managed to grab a week of work right at the tail end of the season, went to try and statrt sorting through stuff at Mother in law's house but just spent a couple of days eating and drinking with friends... 

The weather has been shitty all week but cleared a little on saturday so I quickly planned an afternoons loop on Kurviger, transferred it to the phone, posted a message to some mates to see who else was up for 3hrs of dodging "Les Chasseurs" on the backroads of northern Burgundy and, as I expected, they all had some dodgy excuse for not joining me... 

The loop I had planned was towards the north north west with it's farthest point somewhere south west of sens.

IMG_1992.jpg.82ad2d0e76421968ea9cbb705292a5b1.jpg 

The cloud cover was patchy and temps were around 8 or 9c  (46 -48 f for those still living in the third world...😜) but there was a clearly difined  South West / North east weather front moving south across the region during the afternoon. 

I got my thermal pants out of the cupboard and got properly togged up before leaving, but added the top box at the last minutes cos I didn't think I'd be able to stand the thermal liner in my jacket for vey long.  I hit the weather front between Joigny and Courtenay, It was a clearly defined line of cloud, at ground level, like a wall and boy was I glad of my thermals then! I even had the heated grips on full for a while and it was clear that in some of the dells and dips the verges still had last nights frost on them which hadn't thawed from the previous night. Added to the carpet of fallen leaves of varying thickness,the frosty patches made for some "interesting" moments in a number of places...

I managed to find a couple of clear patches where I could stop in the sun.

1438629659_DSC05063(2).thumb.JPG.b5ca85e56372abad9eb1ca222b6137e1.JPG

1596238292_DSC05071(2).thumb.JPG.07eb206de3b708654a6120fde1bf92e9.JPG

1758833981_DSC05073(2).thumb.JPG.006c5451abae1abf9a8049fef6fff4bc.JPG

1739658009_DSC05078(2).thumb.JPG.98be51f2fac15d885f05bae942d9a93e.JPG

even managed to find a hunters cabin, but they were out all over the place so I wasn't about to break in for a look. ( there've already managed to kill at least 3 people so far, one of whom was driving a car along a nearby road...along with numerous cats, dogs etc) 

DSC05080.thumb.JPG.0e306a5e65e2a4cc519f272c2a748448.JPG

DSC05081.thumb.JPG.44d7636071155d512e11710e1ea228fa.JPG

Was out for about 3 hrs in all, Stopped at the BMW dealers on the way home cos my 12 v socket plug crapped out and I knew BMW uses the same sockets. Nice place, but they won't work on anything but a BMW, even just to fit tyres for example. They were happy to take my money for a 12vplug though.  Got home in tame to shower and change befor going out to eat at a friends house. A free feed is always a good end to the day 😇 

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Excellent Chris......pics are superb!

The only thing is the Top Box Nazis are going to kick off again.

I know they will, but I've never been one to get overly concerned about what other people think, at least insofar as it concerns me. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

The Triumph looks nice with that topbox, Chris!

Not like some others …

it's got to be an improvement on my previous steed, right?

anus.jpg.f6d430ad1fe50fb7029c1dd2414e6fa0.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Excellent Chris......pics are superb!

The only thing is the Top Box Nazis are going to kick off again.

The difference is that's a quality top box on a quality bike not a chinese knock-off on a chinese bike

162213692_li-xe-xem.gif.dd289e4c1f614dd062701bc6722c0c0a.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, boboneleg said:

Nice one Chris, i'd just have to go down there if that was me, what you say @Sir Fallsalot

1438629659_DSC05063(2).thumb.JPG.b5ca85e56372abad9eb1ca222b6137e1.JPG.67c3e56765db8bf55eb8ea4925d298f1.JPG

A little dryer, and NOT on a weekend during hunting season I would too.  You really don't want to be in the woods here on a hunting weekend, doubly so in the afternoon when they've all consumed copious amounts of wine at lunch. I just saw on the news this evening that another one got shot today. Not dead but in ICU at the moment. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MooN said:

it's got to be an improvement on my previous steed, right?

anus.jpg.f6d430ad1fe50fb7029c1dd2414e6fa0.jpg

I’ve got love for the Transalp, though, even with the beach freezer from the 80’s as a topbox …

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

The difference is that's a quality top box on a quality bike not a chinese knock-off on a chinese bike

Not to mention belonging to a quality bloke... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Clive said:

Can you still buy Babycham?...........just asking, nottroll GIF

Yep, you can, available at Tesco.......other stores are available.👍

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MooN said:

A little dryer, and NOT on a weekend during hunting season I would too.  You really don't want to be in the woods here on a hunting weekend, doubly so in the afternoon when they've all consumed copious amounts of wine at lunch. I just saw on the news this evening that another one got shot today. Not dead but in ICU at the moment. 

I know what you're saying, Phil says the same about his area.  Luckily for him he's an honorary member of the local chasse so he knows when and where they're out

cat-shooting.gif.ad6c9ab43d0d485ed21c31f13b69b367.gif

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

Why are you answering your own questions Clive? :classic_unsure:

Its something to do on a quiet evening........ passes the time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, MooN said:

Natural selection!

• Haha 1