Two strokes on the road

Grace (BikeHedonia)

Come on, show me your two stroke road bikes. Does anyone still have one?? I just dropped $180 on an NSR150RR. It needs some TLC (read, total restoration) but it's going to be a cracker. Can I hit 180kph with $180? A question which remains to be answered.

Anyway if you know anything about NSRs please say hi, I'm going to need to crowd source plenty of advice on this restoration journey... 😉

IMG_20211007_160039.jpg

IMG_20211007_160100.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

Doing great, just riding motorbikes and hiding from covid in the Thai jungle. Not dead yet. Cheers mate 😉

Still in Thailand then? What's the Covid situation over there.......are you allowed access into other countries?

17 minutes ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

Knee deep in covid. Land borders still closed, Laos and Cambo still closed. Thailand "opened" to visitors by air as of today. I still can't get to my KTM so I'm playing with two strokes in the meantime...

You've been there a couple of years now haven't you Grace?

49 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You've been there a couple of years now haven't you Grace?

One and half... I should have bought an NSR the moment I arrived but I wasted about a year thinking that the pandemic would be over soon and I'd be back on the Kato in Cambodia. Haha well. We live and learn.

Just now, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

Yes indeed, two smokers all the way! I didn't know what I was missing

I miss the bigger versions, in the 1970's i had a 500cc Suzuki Titan, nice and comfortable you could ride her all day!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, skyrider said:

i have had several 2 strokes over the years , fs1e, as3, rd 250, x7, 2x 350lc's rxs 100

Got any vids? I put a 12 volt coil on my motorized two stroke bicycle, parked outside the irsh pub in town, smoked them up right...lol

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Six30 said:

thats the one .... beautiful smell.

That smell takes me back to the early 70,s races, 2 stokes screaming around with the sound of a MV Augusta in the mix.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Six30 said:

was it Castrol gtx two stroke oil ? that lovely smell when a two stroke goes by .

you get the same effect if you put a spoon full of caster oil in your four stroke fuel tank so i have been told smells the same as castrol r

• Like 1

12 hours ago, skyrider said:

you get the same effect if you put a spoon full of caster oil in your four stroke fuel tank so i have been told smells the same as castrol r

While it glazes the cylinder.

• Haha 1

On 02/11/2021 at 00:24, Clive said:

That smell takes me back to the early 70,s races, 2 stokes screaming around with the sound of a MV Augusta in the mix.

Why is this all memories? Are you guys still allowed to run two-strokes in the UK/europe as long as they're vintage? I realise they would heartily fail all emissions standards

• Like 3

Although I remember being told a story of new two stroke imports being banned in NSW decades ago because the power to weight ratio on this particular model was too crazy and too many young men were obliterating themselves. The model was just referred to as 'the widow maker' by the story teller.... I would like to know what model that actually was and if the story is true

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

Although I remember being told a story of new two stroke imports being banned in NSW decades ago because the power to weight ratio on this particular model was too crazy and too many young men were obliterating themselves. The model was just referred to as 'the widow maker' by the story teller.... I would like to know what model that actually was and if the story is true

H2 750 Kawasaki!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

Why is this all memories? Are you guys still allowed to run two-strokes in the UK/europe as long as they're vintage? I realise they would heartily fail all emissions standards

I have not seen a big cc 2T for years, around this area.🤔

• Like 1
  • Sad 1