Worst bike you’ve ever owned?

Skippy

13 hours ago, Earache said:

I have that exact same bike - worst piece of shit ever. Slow and cumbersome, whizzy brakes, leaked oil and just an all around shitbox. Will never own anything from BMW again.

bmw.jpg

I'm so glad someone else had the same experience as listening to a lot of people it's like the best bike ever made .

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Skippy said:

My Ducati Multistrada was a pile of shite too, not in the same league as the first monstrosity but nevertheless a real dogs diner.

Uncomfortable, useless side stand and mirrors, completely inaccurate fuel gauge and always felt like it was going to go ‘pop’ when I worked it hard.

Bought it, went to the Le Mans 24 Hour race and sold it a weeJ later. Again, no excuse.

3D3487B4-D3CA-4EC2-8326-568043E488A4.jpeg

I see a fair few of those Ray and sell parts for them , with some Ducati's being the must gorgeous bikes to look at you've got wonder what the fuck happened with that thing.  We have a black one for sale at the moment 😉

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Clive said:

The GT550 was (for the time) a nice looking bike, and a nice ride, but had so many problems with it.😕

A mate of mine had just been rebuilding one. When finished he rode it a small number of times and sold it, said it rode like "a right piece of crap."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Catteeclan said:

A mate of mine had just been rebuilding one. When finished he rode it a small number of times and sold it, said it rode like "a right piece of crap."

Mine was brand new............but being a Suzuki it did not stay looking that was for long.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

I wouldn't expect to enjoy riding such a bike except for nostalgia on a slow posing ride to a sunny sunday morning coffee and back.

• Like 3

Just now, Pedro said:

I wouldn't expect to enjoy riding such a bike except for nostalgia on a slow posing ride to a sunny sunday morning coffee and back.

Think it was the rose tint again.

Worst bike for me was a dt125. Basted kept seizing up on me. Let it cool and off we'd go again. Put extra oil in the tank then it would keep fouling plugs.

• Like 4

Just now, Catteeclan said:

I've broken down in Yarmouth too. Alcohol though.

Getting pissed makes Yarmouth seem a little better.......not much though.🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I'm so glad someone else had the same experience as listening to a lot of people it's like the best bike ever made .

Some people have had great experiences with them over many years......but there's definitely some iffy ones about.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

I've broken down in Yarmouth too. Alcohol though.

I got pissed in Yarmouth as well.  About 1979 we went on a boat holiday on the Broads, six lads, it was a riot.  Anyway , when we got to Yarmouth we went on the lash (like you do ) and I ended up persuading a young lady to come back to our boat . I was in a bedroom getting down to it when the others starting rocking the the boat,  which was pretty impressive as it was about 30ft.  I had to dive out of the room and into the heads and threw up everywhere , the young lady was less than impressed 😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

I see a fair few of those Ray and sell parts for them , with some Ducati's being the must gorgeous bikes to look at you've got wonder what the fuck happened with that thing.  We have a black one for sale at the moment 😉

Good luck in selling that then mate 😝😝

In all fairness, it rode quite nicely but always felt like it’s days were numbered and those little irritating things that some people say is ‘character’ just pissed me off 😝😝

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

To be fair, it's fairly low mileage and we've upgraded it a fair bit so it should sell.  When I finally get back too work that is ..............

They are a bit of a Marmite bike, fingers crossed for a speedy return to work mate 👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Thanks for finding joy in my pain 😄.  

It just wasn't a good bike - in any way.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What happened Bob?

It just didn't steer, you'd go into a corner and it would drift rather than steer around a corner .  On that particular day I ended up scraping the grass verge on the other side of the road just before a tractor came around the corner.  The farmer looked at me a bit funny.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

It just didn't steer, you'd go into a corner and it would drift rather than steer around a corner .  On that particular day I ended up scraping the grass verge on the other side of the road just before a tractor came around the corner.  The farmer looked at me a bit funny.

Something wrong there.....mine went round corners like it was on rails.

Never known a bike to be as planted as that was.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Something wrong there.....mine went round corners like it was on rails.

Never known a bike to be as planted as that was.

Yes, I liked the telelever front end , I checked it over but couldn't find anything obvious at all so it had to go.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Yes, I liked the telelever front end , I checked it over but couldn't find anything obvious at all so it had to go.

There were two things about the GS that I always remember!

You could ride for hours, do hundreds of miles, and get off feeling as fresh as when you got on. Never experienced that with any other bike.

And secondly (though this is a mental rather than physical aspect)......I've never felt as safe on a bike as I did on that! Can't explain why......maybe it's a combination of the braking, suspension, handling, and it's road presence.

FILE1790.JPG.29be72cc2ac675df6634389b75123e1d.JPG

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And secondly (though this is a mental rather than physical aspect)......I've never felt as safe on a bike as I did on that! Can't explain why......maybe it's a combination of the braking, suspension, handling, and it's road presence.

Me neither, not even the newer one, it always felt like you could stop on a dime regardless of surface or whatever. I think it's a really well balanced bike, quite heavy too. 

• Like 2