Which Bands Have You Seen Live?

Tango

While I was still at school I saw Mott the Hoople at the Colston Hall (not allowed to call it that now) in Bristol.  My mate Jim was a wizz at getting backstage and we found ourselves in their dressing room after the gig.  I grew up very quickly with some of the shenanigans I saw going on in there until we got kicked out by their manager .  Ian Hunter was a really cool dude, he thought it was funny that we'd managed to sneak in.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MooN said:

I've never really been into concerts and really dislike crowds so have seen very little live music.

I remember seeing The Boomtown rats at a theatre in London. They were playing in the interval in some show that my gran had taken us to see, i was far too young, about 8 or 9 I guess. I remember the song though, cos it was "I don't like Mondays" though I didn't recognise it till years later. 

I've seen various smaller bands at open air do's in my misspent youf,  I think I saw Blodwyn Pig but don't remember it, Phil collins with Phl bailey, Stryper, The Pogues ( in a pub in southampton) and Bob Dylan in Dijon about 20 odd years ago. French bands like Renaud before his voice gave out and Ultra Vomit live in the parc in auxerre, but no really big groups.

Dylan was... welll... Dylan not really a showman but genius lyricist and musicien.

the Pogues were fucking brilliant, but you have to like that sort of thing.

I can beat you😂

I have seen ELO (3 times) in concert, never been to another concert.

• Haha 1

Wishbone Ash (against my will)

Bon Jovi (against my will twice)

Bryan Adams

ZZ Top

AC/DC

Iron Maiden

Judas Priest

Dio

Girlschool

Fleetwood Mac

Saxon

Bay City Rollers

Status Quo

Showaddywady

Scorpions

The Damned

Doctor Feelgood

Engine

Susie Quatro

David Essex

Heart

I'm sure there are a few I've forgotten. ZZ Top were the biggest disappointment. Fleetwood Mac and Heart were probably joint best performers. Status Quo made me laugh when they announced they had an album out called the Fourth Chord!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Clive said:

I can beat you😂

I have seen ELO (3 times) in concert, never been to another concert.

I saw ELO a few times too. They were actually the first band that I saw, when they did the Face the Music tour. Saw them at Wembley for the Out of the Blue and A New World Record tours.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

Only saw ELO doing a benefit gig to raise funds for the new kids heart unit in Brum. Still absolute quality despite the lack of the light show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_Beat_86

there you go ...  Jimmy Saville tac tics ,  probably had keys to Mandeville as well

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

And these two weren't against your will?

d&d burn GIF by Hyper RPG

Well the Bay City Rollers were very good. This was about 12 years ago, so probably not all originals.

At the same event was Showaddywaddy and the long haired singer seemed to be singing slower than the band were playing. He's now their manager I believe, the other singer died a few years ago.

51 minutes ago, XTreme said:

So the Bay City Rollers were very good........and you don't rate Wishbone Ash?

The Office What GIF

Yeah, not keen on them, saw them in a pub called the Royal Standard, my late mate/boss was a big big fan and dragged me along. Some sweaty sock threatened me with the 'heed' just because I trod on his foot on my way to and from the toilet. Honestly, if you spend your life in a skirt dragging your bollocks through the gorse and brambles, a sore toe should be the least of your worries.

I knew I'd remember some more. Saw the Nolans at Butlins once, they were bloody funny. It was them or Roger de Courcy and Nookey bear, I think I made the right decision.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, yen_powell said:

I knew I'd remember some more. Saw the Nolans at Butlins once, they were bloody funny. It was them or Roger de Courcy and Nookey bear, I think I made the right decision.

One of my work mates used to go to a lot of stag nights and Roger de courcy was at a couple back in the day with bollocks bear. He said he was very good.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

I saw Marti Caine in a club somewhere near Usk in the early eighties , I was pissed as a fart but she was very, very funny.

I think the club was called the Stardust Club , anyone remember it  @XTreme  @Sir Fallsalot @Specs  ??

Not my part of the country Bob!

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

I saw Marti Caine in a club somewhere near Usk in the early eighties , I was pissed as a fart but she was very, very funny.

I think the club was called the Stardust Club , anyone remember it  @XTreme  @Sir Fallsalot @Specs  ??

I remember Marti Caine, she was a singing comedian. She died quite young I recall.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

She came through "New Faces" I think?

I thought she hosted it later on as well and looked it up. She did it seems. She beat Lenny Henry and Victoria Wood when she was a contestant. The same thing I read said she only did her first audition because she had no money to pay her mother's £19 funeral bill.

• Like 2