Your oldest motorcycling thing

Pedro

The oldest motorcycling related thing that I own and still use is my bungee cord, I always carry it under the seat after buying it in 2006, here it is holding a water bottle in Morocco in 2014 and a wine box in the Alentejo just a few weeks ago

IMG_0952.thumb.JPG.362c5d7a8d0437bd3f0b270cdaa9fd13.JPG

d2add68c-2b9d-46dd-968a-b03a5255323e.jpg.4bbdd94984935c2d4317ce86689d78f9.jpg

What's the oldest thing motorcycle related that you use?

• Like 4

I've got a large, flat blade screwdriver that I bought when I was replacing the front disc pads on my RD350 (1976). I was using it to push the pistons on the caliper back in! 😂😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, skyrider said:

i still have my original 76 fs1e number plate 

1 hour ago, Clive said:

I still have the front numberplate off my Suzuki GT550 (M reg) 1974

That YOU USE!

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Pedro said:

That YOU USE!

In that case......a T shirt I still wear, also have a pair of Akito boots from the same year, still wear those when it's dry.

IMG_20211025_200656.jpg

• Like 4

Just now, skyrider said:

i still use now and again my dad's old flying jacket he used when he was riding his 650 golden flash it' seen inside lancaster bombers that thing 

And when they got waterlogged, they were bloody heavy.😂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

My Kamasa socket set, I still use it now and nothing has ever broke .  I think it was a xmas present in 1978, I'll get a photo tomorrow if I remember.

is it in a blue metal case ?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

My Kamasa socket set, I still use it now and nothing has ever broke .  I think it was a xmas present in 1978, I'll get a photo tomorrow if I remember.

I knew you'd mention the japanese socket set! This thread's for you

I Love You Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

24 minutes ago, skyrider said:

i still use now and again my dad's old flying jacket he used when he was riding his 650 golden flash it's seen inside lancaster bombers that thing 

See? Isn't that a whole lot better and way cooler than a plate you keep on a nail on your shed?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I knew you'd mention the japanese socket set! This thread's for you

I Love You Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

See? Isn't that a whole lot better and way cooler than a plate you keep on a nail on your shed?

it is indeed 👌

• Like 1

My impact driver I reckon. Bought it to use on the cross head screws on the casing of my XS250, so must have been around 1983. The XS250 was useless and dumped after a few months, the impact driver was last used this year to undo two bastards bolts that I couldn't shift any other way.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

My impact driver I reckon. Bought it to use on the cross head screws on the casing of my XS250, so must have been around 1983. The XS250 was useless and dumped after a few months, the impact driver was last used this year to undo two bastards bolts that I couldn't shift any other way.

I was thinking about this today and came to the same conclusion.
I have an old Hilka impact driver I used to use on fizzys and crunchies. Gone through quite a few bits over the years but the body's still going good.

• Like 4