Would you buy the bike or bikes you current own again if you were without a bike?

Grasshopper

Would you buy the bike or bikes you current own again if you were without a bike?   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy the bike or bikes you current own again if you were without a bike?

• Yes
    • No
    • Well, maybe, let me think about it.

Let me know and feel free to share your reasons, I would love to hear them.

For me it is one easy yes and one not so easy yes.

My Honda CB500F is exactly what you expect, a happy Honda that just does what it is meant to do, and it is super fun, so a big Yes for me on that one, I would buy one again. 😎

As for my Royal Enfield Himalayan, well, there have been times when I have wanted to leave it in the forest and just walk away. Logic would tell me to say No on this one, considering the build quality and all the work I have done to make a NEW bike run well. BUT, looking back at the skills, lessons, adventures and confidence gained with that bike, I would have to say Yes, I would buy one again, especially for the kind of riding I enjoy doing.

• Like 3

I'd buy this Beemer again......cos there's not a lot of choice these days if you want a big Thumper.

It doesn't do anything brilliantly......it just pretty much adapts to whatever I need it to do.

If I want to go on small trails.....it'll do it. If I needed it to commute around a city, it would do it. And if I needed to ride 1200 miles up to the Eurotunnel then it'll do that as well.

So you can't ask much more than that really.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'd buy this Beemer again......cos there's not a lot of choice these days if you want a big Thumper.

It doesn't do anything brilliantly......it just pretty much adapts to whatever I need it to do.

If I want to go on small trails.....it'll do it. If I needed it to commute around a city, it would do it. And if I needed to ride 1200 miles up to the Eurotunnel then it'll do that as well.

So you can't ask much more than that really.

I agree, it is fun to have a bike that can adapt to what you are doing.  The Himalayan is the same, not great at anything, but damn, the thing will do anything you ask.....well almost....lol

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I agree, it is fun to have a bike that can adapt to what you are doing.  The Himalayan is the same, not great at anything, but damn, the thing will do anything you ask.....well almost....lol

Except get you home.🤣

• Haha 4

Definitely, yes. Though it would have to be second hand as production of my particular model halted in 2019. But.. the upside would be I could get the Silver version.. which looks great. 

Obviously buying second hand would allow me to be fussy about add-ons and upgrades done to the bike.  There are a few that are essential for me. Better seat. luggage. tubeless wheels.

Main reason is I'm really quite limited by my height for bikes I can live with over the long term, im 6'7 in my boots. So, I need a tall bike and this is a very tall bike, one reason why it was eventually discontinued. And the competition don't appeal to me, the risks involved with an 'out of warranty BMW, Ive never really been a fan of KTM and what else is there?

6fa84113-5fac-4235-93c8-bfb4e34a4631.jpg

• Like 3

I would buy the ninja again yeah its all I need from a bike apart from the comfort side of things though im sure with some conditioning I could increase the distance between rest stops from around the current 60 or so miles up to maybe 120 or 130, more of it depends on how fast I can ride at 

• Like 3

I like my K1200S, in fact it’s the second one I’ve owned but I don’t think I’d buy another one, I’d probably go for the K1300S which is a much more sorted bike overall. 

Or a Kawasaki Z1000SX which I like the look of. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

The GSX only has 6k on the clock - there’ll be cheap leccy bikes aplenty come the time to replace it.

But then I do fancy a final Guzzi before the combustion engine is banished to history books. May in a year or two I’ll revisit my codependency with the California one last time. 

What year is the GSX.

I did just that. i bought a 1993 Africa twin in 1993 and then bought another about 10 years ago which i still own and i done the same with my CB1000 owned one in 1995 then bought another in 2011 but I've just sold that as for the other bikes i have i've got to say yes i'd have them all again each one i enjoy riding 

• Like 1

Yes I'd buy the tiger again cos it's fucking awsome 😅

I kept the transalp for so long because I found no other bike on the market capable of doing everything the transalp would do ( kinda ties in with what @XTreme was saying ) but this tiger 800 does all that but faster smoother and better.  most modern bikes are too small for me.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I did just that. i bought a 1993 Africa twin in 1993 and then bought another about 10 years ago which i still own and i done the same with my CB1000 owned one in 1995 then bought another in 2011 but I've just sold that as for the other bikes i have i've got to say yes i'd have them all again each one i enjoy riding 

You have to much money.🤣

• Haha 2

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's nothing most would be 6'7 in the boot's hes wearing :classic_laugh:
image.png.84625060fbf777fd60e5dad27e863cf5.png

careful, he's very delicate , he'll announce your on his ignore list shortly

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Swagman said:

You have to much money.🤣

I've said this before i was talking to a guy on a new GS years ago and he asked how many bikes i had and at the time i had 5 he said i wish i had enough cash for 5 bikes i told him if he sold his GS he would as all 5 of my bikes cost less to buy, tax, MOT and insure than his GS cost to buy, you just got to be willing not to have the latest and greatest  :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

‘13. Bar the age corrosion on a few of the fixings it’s like it just came from a showroom.

Id have gone for a Cali had there been a decent one for sale - but there never is, people just cling on to them I guess.  

Yeah not the type of bike that pops up very often, the GSX looks good, are you going to change the corroded bits I guess it’s the nut and bolt heads as usual that are the problem.