Rear reflector.

Slowlycatchymonkey

Left the title open for Sid James so have at it but if anyone could also answer my question that’d be great. 
The new number plates with ‘UK’ on them have arrived. I toddled out ready to screw up drilling some holes and notice the Continentals existing number plate has two red dot reflectors like the ones below. Can I stick these directly on the number plate? I thought you weren’t allowed anything else on a plate? Also if it was stuck slightly off centre would anyone at an MOT centre care? 

147163F7-5D92-4231-9EF1-0F55229AC5B8.jpeg.6a8ec8faaa9224c639d4aa8c70e45391.jpeg

Edit: Balls to thinking about it, Ive ordered the stick dot version and that’ll have to do!

46 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Left the title open for Sid James so have at it but if anyone could also answer my question that’d be great. 
The new number plates with ‘UK’ on them have arrived. I toddled out ready to screw up drilling some holes and notice the Continentals existing number plate has two red dot reflectors like the ones below. Can I stick these directly on the number plate? I thought you weren’t allowed anything else on a plate? Also if it was stuck slightly off centre would anyone at an MOT centre care? 

147163F7-5D92-4231-9EF1-0F55229AC5B8.jpeg.6a8ec8faaa9224c639d4aa8c70e45391.jpeg

Edit: Balls to thinking about it, Ive ordered the stick dot version and that’ll have to do!

As long as you have a rear reflector they should be good.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Swagman said:

As long as you have a rear reflector they should be good.

The gov website says it should be on the centre line but tbh I can’t be arsed to waste time on it, I’ve ordered cheap dots from eBay n hopefully the glues good enough that they’ll be there at MOT time next year!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

The gov website says it should be on the centre line but tbh I can’t be arsed to waste time on it, I’ve ordered cheap dots from eBay n hopefully the glues good enough that they’ll be there at MOT time next year!

Well let’s face it the government are knobs, I just go for it.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yep thats what Ive done 👍

I am sure that some bike tail lights double as reflectors, but I might have dreamt that. Worth a try with a torch in the dark though eh. I had a similar circular doodah stuck onto my DR350 number plate many years ago whilst it was being MOTd. The bloke was just finishing up and he reached over to a box, grabbed one and just stuck it on. I asked and he said my bike needed a reflector and that's what they did when the bike didn't have one rather than fail it.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I am sure that some bike tail lights double as reflectors, but I might have dreamt that. Worth a try with a torch in the dark though eh. I had a similar circular doodah stuck onto my DR350 number plate many years ago whilst it was being MOTd. The bloke was just finishing up and he reached over to a box, grabbed one and just stuck it on. I asked and he said my bike needed a reflector and that's what they did when the bike didn't have one rather than fail it.

Ive heard the all in one theory but been told it must be separate. Googled it, couldn’t find a satisfactory answer or an ‘all in one’ light n reflector so who knows. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

That's what i always thought so had a look at my new Africa twin and it has a separate red reflector on the back and  ambers one each side of the fork legs 

• Like 2