OK, last trip of 2021, I promise....

Earache

13 minutes ago, Earache said:

Dunno if they ever filmed a scary movie at this house, but they should. hate to see it at night.

Gotta say though, the lawn looks magnificent! 

IMG_7248.JPG

IMG_7249.JPG

IMG_7250.JPG

Any way to get inside Eric?

And for the "patients" that didn't make it, we have a private cemetery out behind the place. No names on the markers, just numbers. The final disrespect to the mentally ill that lived here. There are 5 or 6 of these cemeteries on the grounds, located on different hills behind the Asylum...

IMG_7265.JPG

IMG_7266.JPG

IMG_7267.JPG

IMG_7270.JPG

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Kind of a  depressing place to be. Markers are all of pretty low quality, uniform in size and badly worn despite not being all that old. They'll soon fade away.

Some of the large markers were placed by family members after the Asylum was closed. 

IMG_7271.JPG

IMG_7272.JPG

IMG_7273.JPG

IMG_7274.JPG

• Like 4

Tomorrow, Saturday, is an off the bike day as we look at some real estate in the area. Might get some pics of that but won't bore you with them.

Sunday I'm headed south for 500 miles to Tennessee.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Any way to get inside Eric?

Kick a window open and walk in. 

We used to go up the fire escapes when I was a kid and go in that way. They look to be boarded up now though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Earache said:

Just before reaching my  destination, had to sit on the freeway for an hour while they cleaned up an accident . Temperature was now 85F / 30C with high humidity. I was roasting..

IMG_0123.jpg

Yeah... Eric "rides" from Colorado to Ohio in two days, and 1000 miles into the trip he shows a huge enclosed trailer that just HAPPENS to be from... COLORADO. 

Yeah, sure, he rode all the way... uh huh...   😁

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, DesmoDog said:

Yeah... Eric "rides" from Colorado to Ohio in two days, and 1000 miles into the trip he shows a huge enclosed trailer that just HAPPENS to be from... COLORADO. 

Yeah, sure, he rode all the way... uh huh...   😁

Fucker, That was in Knightstown, Indiana - near exit 109. Place was a mess.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Earache said:

Kind of a  depressing place to be. Markers are all of pretty low quality, uniform in size and badly worn despite not being all that old. They'll soon fade away.

Some of the large markers were placed by family members after the Asylum was closed. 

IMG_7271.JPG

IMG_7272.JPG

IMG_7273.JPG

IMG_7274.JPG

Now that really is Dark Motorcycling!

@yen_powell.......Eric's on the graveyard shift!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spent yesterday riding from  east central Ohio to Knoxville, Tennessee . Pretty cold day as the temp high was around 55F / 12C. Still, the Sun was out so it wasn't too bad. 475 miles on the day but a crap average...

Zviklle to Knox.jpg

• Like 3

I love the architecture of the homes in Appalachia - some really elegant homes and also the sturdy Federal style of homes. Some are really well kept and nice...

IMG_7278.JPG

IMG_7279.JPG

IMG_7280.JPG

IMG_7281.JPG

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Looks like Autumn is here.

Back home we went directly from Summer to Winter. It's snowed an additional 6 inches since I left with more expected this week. Dunno how I'm gonna get the bike home at this point😄. Hopefully it will melt by Thursday.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Those look a lot like Brit houses!

Screens were all torn out and lots of shit lying in the yards, crappy low income housing here. But could be really nice if it was worth fixing them - which it isn't.

A fix would costs $75,000 and then you'd have a nice  house worth $50,000.

• Like 1

Perfect day of riding today! Weather was nice and roads were not crowded. Had a fantastic time!

Tennessee / North Carolina riding is kinda like riding in the Lake District and Peak District combined, add in a National Forest and multiplied in size - without the crowds.....

IMG_7297.JPG

IMG_7298.JPG

IMG_7301.JPG

IMG_7304.JPG

• Like 6

Guys in the boat were hauling their hunting dogs (wild boar and bear) back to their trucks. Funny to hear the dogs all howling as the boat went along the water....

IMG_7306.JPG

IMG_7308.JPG

IMG_7305.JPG

• Like 4