OK, last trip of 2021, I promise....

Earache

Another truck stop and a side stop at a Skyline Chili in Dayton, Ohio for some chili cheese coneys (hot dog, chili, cheese and a bun). Enough to kill lesser men...

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

• Like 3

Just before reaching my  destination, had to sit on the freeway for an hour while they cleaned up an accident . Temperature was now 85F / 30C with high humidity. I was roasting..

IMG_0123.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Earache said:

Another truck stop and a side stop at a Skyline Chili in Dayton, Ohio for some chili cheese coneys (hot dog, chili, cheese and a bun). Enough to kill lesser men...

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

Fuckmine, have they put enough cheese on that   😬

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I admire your tenacity, that's not my idea of fun at all.

Nor mine. But I had to be in Ohio by Saturday to look at some property that my wife wants to buy. Getting across the country kinda sucks at times but it has to be done.

The good riding will now start and I'm not in a hurry to get back home, so will do some much shorter rides on nice 2 lane roads from here on. The fun starts now.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Fuckmine, have they put enough cheese on that   😬

Should plug me up for awhile. The trick to eating that crap is to allow half of the cheese to fall off while eating. Hard to keep it all together while you eat anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Earache said:

Started off my day with the full American breakfast. Donut and caffeine at a truck stop, eaten while standing in the rain next to your bike...

IMG_0114.jpg

Oh poor man! :classic_sad:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I hope you have fun over the return trip, Erich, up until now it sounds like a couple of days of suffering.

I won't argue that - wasn't all that much fun. Better days ahead though!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Earache said:

Started off my day with the full American breakfast. Donut and caffeine at a truck stop, eaten while standing in the rain next to your bike...

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

Reminded me of a time, more than once thinking about it, me and Mandi stopped to fill up, buy some rolls, butter and some ham and make our own butties.
Last time was Spain I think.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Reminded me of a time, more than once thinking about it, me and Mandi stopped to fill up, buy some rolls, butter and some ham and make our own butties.
Last time was Spain I think.

I remember me and the wife were on the bike in Germany many years ago. we stopped to get some chips (french fries) and bought some bread rolls to make chip butties you should have seen the confused looks the locals gave us :classic_laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Only did a couple hundred miles today - on Route 555 south out of Zanesville. Fun road. Loads of blind curves and crests, relatively smooth road surface and not a soul out there other than me....

IMG_7234.JPG

IMG_7235.JPG

IMG_7236.JPG

• Like 6

This is another abandoned place that should be in the movies. It housed some seriously deranged people back when I was in college here (1977-81) but was closed in 1980 or so. We sued to go into the buildings and walk around when I was in school. It looked like the people just walked out and left all of the office and hospital stuff behind. Very weird.

They are trying to turn it into an artists studio of some sort these days...

IMG_7252.JPG

IMG_7254.JPG

• Like 4