OK, last trip of 2021, I promise....

Earache

Kinda against my better judgement, but I'm gonna squeeze in one more trip between snow storms this coming week. 4,000 miles back east, then south and returning to Colorado via Texas (for the warmth and a stop at the Big Texan in Amarillo).
Hope to miss the snow here but should be good once east of the Mississippi River.
Headed out Wednesday morning as soon as it gets warm enough. 

route.jpg

• Like 8

I took my bike down to Denver and stored it in my shop as they're not expecting snow there. We should get about 8-10" at my house tonight so I'll have to drive teh truck to Denver and then hop on the bike...

snow weds.jpg

• Like 6

But once I get outta Kansas, the rest of the ride should be pretty nice as far as weather goes. Couple of days in the Deal's Gap area of Tennessee before steering the big blue turd for Texas and then home.

Pics to follow....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Only 4000 miles what are you going to do after breakfast :classic_laugh:

I probably won't have time for breakfast - it'd blow off my plate anyway😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Good to see you Eric!

Damn......this one is a bit late in the year for you!

If the snow comes in early aren't you at risk of not being able to get the bike back?

Wife will have to come get me in the truck if that happens, but I think I can get back to Denver next week with not too many issues.

But I got some  new waterproof and windproof gloves (says so right on the label so it must be true) just for this trip Never had winter gloves before...

gloves.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

I hope you've got a new set of tyres on the big blue beast :littleguy:

Sure do! Spooned on a set of Dunlop Trailmax Missions yesterday. Oil change done today so it's pretty much ready to roll....

tires.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Earache said:

Wife will have to come get me in the truck if that happens, but I think I can get back to Denver next week with not too many issues.

But I got some  new waterproof and windproof gloves (says so right on the label so it must be true) just for this trip Never had winter gloves before...

gloves.jpg

WTF, never had winter gloves, just how double hard are you?!

shimmy shimmy ya ol dirty bastard GIF

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

WTF, never had winter gloves, just how double hard are you?!

I'm a wussy.

I have to wear 3XL gloves due to having small, waif-ish, girly hands - can never find them in my size. And winter gloves just feel too bulky to me, so I always ride with vented summer gloves that fit me.

But I thought this might be too cold of a trip to go on without thicker gloves.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Earache said:

I'm a wussy.

I have to wear 3XL gloves due to having small, waif-ish, girly hands - can never find them in my size. And winter gloves just feel too bulky to me, so I always ride with vented summer gloves that fit me.

Vented summer gloves- you are no wussy! I wear winter mitts 50 weeks of the year 😂

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Earache said:

I'm a wussy.

Handlebar mitts and heated grips are unbeatable in crap weather not the nicest to look at though 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Handlebar mitts and heated grips are unbeatable in crap weather not the nicest to look at though 

I don't ride enough in snowy weather to make it worth that much work. After this ride, I'll be off of the bike until May next year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Heated grips, heated glove liners and lobster claw mitts, so warm…. can’t hold a grip n ride like shit but so warm 😂

2 minutes ago, Earache said:

I don't ride enough in snowy weather to make it worth that much work. After this ride, I'll be off of the bike until May next year.

I forgot you cant ride once the snow is down where you live. A good pair of winter gloves you can throw in a bag until you need them 👍 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Heated grips, heated glove liners and lobster claw mitts, so warm…. can’t hold a grip n ride like shit but so warm 😂

I can survive 90% of the year with short leather summer gloves and heated grips, i do have big ugly hand guards that block the wind though, I've tried riding without them in the winter and you see the difference straight away 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I can survive 90% of the year with short leather summer gloves and heated grips, i do have big ugly hand guards the bike the wind though I've tried riding without them in the winter and you see the difference straight away 

Bit tired n read “I do have big ugly hands”

Boban Marjanovic Hands GIF by NBA

😂🤣😂🤣😂