The West Country to Salobrena Spain

Slowlycatchymonkey

32 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Hes got a nice chain now and Guillermo (I think that’s pronounced William?) at the RE dealership in Granada is a really f’in nice guy, a good connection to have. Said if there is anything at all he can help us with just get in touch. 
TBH him and the pick up truck driver were so kind it really did turn Mr Slowlys crappy day... well that n the hot food and large whisky waiting for him 😂

Guillermo is William......but it's pronounced Geeyerrmo! That's Gee as in Geese!

Here's a tip.....as the Spanish are dead easy to get round......if you have one to do a job tell him how good he is at his job! They love to be complimented! Particularly by women! And they go red no matter how dark they are! :classic_laugh:

If you want to break the ice and get them to laugh tell them they're "El Puto Amo" (El Pooto Ammo).....it's a slang phrase they have which literally means he's the fucking boss, the main man etc.

• Like 2

This might be worth thinking about @Slowlycatchymonkey

Before you go venturing too far on the bikes I'd suggest you get the two of them booked in with Guillermo for full services.......because it sounds like you've had potchers looking at them in the past.

The reason I say do it now is that once you get out in rural locations there's no mobile coverage......so if you get a breakdown in a location like that then you've really got problems.

You could book them in together, then spend a few hours looking round the city of Granada......there's a lot to see there like the Alhambra!

spacer.png

Don't be put off because it's a city, it's really nice there! No crackheads staggering round or shit like that.

This is outside the Hospital that we go to....Virgen de las Nieves! In fact we're back there two weeks Friday!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Guillermo is William......but it's pronounced Geeyerrmo! That's Gee as in Geese!

Here's a tip.....as the Spanish are dead easy to get round......if you have one to do a job tell him how good he is at his job! They love to be complimented! Particularly by women! And they go red no matter how dark they are! :classic_laugh:

If you want to break the ice and get them to laugh tell them they're "El Puto Amo" (El Pooto Ammo).....it's a slang phrase they have which literally means he's the fucking boss, the main man etc.

Brilliant THANKYOU

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Brilliant THANKYOU

And always tip like waiters, hairdressers etc. Spanish never do, so their reaction is like you've given them a million pounds! And they'll always remember it!

If you find a Spaniard who could be important to you (like Guillermo) drop them a bottle of whiskey at Xmas or something.

They'll never forget and from thereon they'll go to the ends of the earth for you!

• Like 3

Just now, XTreme said:

This might be worth thinking about @Slowlycatchymonkey

Before you go venturing too far on the bikes I'd suggest you get the two of them booked in with Guillermo for full services.......because it sounds like you've had potchers looking at them in the past.

The reason I say do it now is that once you get out in rural locations there's no mobile coverage......so if you get a breakdown in a location like that then you've really got problems.

You could book them in together, then spend a few hours looking round the city of Granada......there's a lot to see there like the Alhambra!

spacer.png

Don't be put off because it's a city, it's really nice there! No crackheads staggering round or shit like that.

This is outside the Hospital that we go to....Virgen de las Nieves! In fact we're back there two weeks Friday!

The Himalayan is dandy, was well looked after and had done just over a thousand miles when I got it but the previous Continental owner was a tinkerer and I think not a great one.
Stayed in Granada city centre twice while doing recces out here, it is a nice city and one of the reasons I was happy to choose here. 
Being far out in the sticks seems appealing at first but for me long term having access to services whether its a hospital or just an apple store to get your phone fixed was always a priority. Granada is still an hour away but thats good enough for me. 
Motril next door has a population of 60,000 so they have most of what I want services wise, wouldnt want to live there though! 

• Like 1

Motril next door has a population of 60,000 so they have most of what I want services wise, wouldnt want to live there though! 

I've never been down there......what's Motril like then?

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I've never been down there......what's Motril like then?

Built up and not in a pretty way, crowded, dirt, dust n gravel beach, just not appealing, reminds me of a sprawling housing estate with big town facilities. 

Salobrenas population is 12,000 which is high compared to the rest of the villages round here, it doesn’t feel busy at all parking is easy and the population means most of what you need is here. Plus its prettyish 👍

• Like 3

Built up and not in a pretty way, crowded, dirt, dust n gravel beach, just not appealing, reminds me of a sprawling housing estate with big town facilities. 

Salobrenas population is 12,000 which is high compared to the rest of the villages round here, it doesn’t feel busy at all parking is easy and the population means most of what you need is here. Plus its prettyish 👍

Many Brits there?

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

The Spanish version of W-S-M then but probably less mud

falling-mud.gif.e93cd167db3007a4a239386987926a13.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I reckon in Motril there is cos they sell Yorkshire teabags, Typhoo and Twinings Earl Grey!

Yeh.....that's a sign! But at least you won't have to travel far for them!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, XTreme said:

And always tip like waiters, hairdressers etc. Spanish never do, so their reaction is like you've given them a million pounds! And they'll always remember it!

If you find a Spaniard who could be important to you (like Guillermo) drop them a bottle of whiskey at Xmas or something.

They'll never forget and from thereon they'll go to the ends of the earth for you!

I already employ that technique in Blighty, a little bit of recognition goes a long way 😉 The key is to not lie, if they have a skill you dont have or are prepared to take on a job you dont want to do then taking a moment to appreciate that takes nothing more than some good words or occasionally a few extra bob.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

It seems like tipping is not a French thing either, but I always do it anyway.

• Like 2

A bloke took his custom bike into my mate's place for him to have a look at it as he is a very experienced bike mechanic and done a bit of racing. The bloke said he thought it wasn’t handling properly.

My mate had a browse over the bike and immediately took the keys off the bloke and said he was going nowhere on it as it was.

The bloke had recently had a new front tyre fitted by a local bike garage. The fucking twats had fitted a rear tyre on the front and to really top it off, fitted it the wrong way around.

Unbelievable 😱😱😱😱😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Skippy said:

A bloke took his custom bike into my mate's place for him to have a look at it as he is a very experienced bike mechanic and done a bit of racing. The bloke said he thought it wasn’t handling properly.

My mate had a browse over the bike and immediately took the keys off the bloke and said he was going nowhere on it as it was.

The bloke had recently had a new front tyre fitted by a local bike garage. The fucking twats had fitted a rear tyre on the front and to really top it off, fitted it the wrong way around.

Unbelievable 😱😱😱😱😱

It wasn't a major dealer that did that was it Ray?

8 hours ago, XTreme said:

It wasn't a major dealer that did that was it Ray?

Not major but a well known independent garage that is used by lots of people. Personally, I wasn’t keen on the place before this incident and a Spanish mechanic I know said the dealer was well known for doing this sort of thing.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Oh in that case Ill get six n his crayons to help me understand 😆 

Dance Dancing GIF by Rosanna Pansino

you dont know the difference .... this is why you have small feet , so you can stand closer to the sink .... kitchen , get back in it.

• Haha 2