The West Country to Salobrena Spain

Slowlycatchymonkey

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Fucking sack of shit more like!

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

No class, that’s your trouble Pete. 😝

Just as a reference, here’s what a proper Himalayan should look like.

AAA16CFB-D6E4-4ED6-931A-7835FDE21147.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Currently staying in a less than lovely place but the owners are nice folk, just not too handy on the upkeep front, it was chosen cos bikes are parked outside your door and as we know they come first 😂

So where are you exactly?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tango said:

Excellent that you got across OK. Any border issues?

No border issues, just rode around it 😂

Bit of excess info here so I’d skip this bit unless you’re travelling abroad - it was so much more civilised than the chaos at the airport, far more relaxed, they check your vaccination status and your locator form with your passport, took moments.
There is some difficulty for British folk with residency elsewhere as the border staff don’t have their head around other countries requirements and are demanding proof of vaccination when it’s not required so if you want to travel smoothly then just comply with the UK regs. The two key pieces of paper (which need to be printed as they don’t seem to understand/trust the apps) are your proof of vaccination and passenger locator form with a QR code on it. They don’t seem to be scanning them so feck knows why they want to see it but they do 😆

Yeah, just because the sun is shining doesn't mean that it's warm. 😂😂😂

I do like that too though, crispy air and sunshine, lovely… if you’ve remembered your thermals 🙄😂

Hopefully your run down south will go well. The bikes are running OK? I bet you'll be glad of having the bikes when you get there. 

So far so good. The extra luggage weighing on the Himalayan has effected the acceleration and top speed, stick some decent elevations into the equation and full throttle is umm well let’s just say far from exciting 😂 I’m guessing that the really high elevations might be effecting the mix. Those higher than high moments aside they’re running great, once you’ve made the adjustment from much more powerful bikes the Himalayan is a smile a mile, so easy to ride and endlessly trustworthy in any conditions so it’s just lovely to sit on and be transported along looking at the views! 🏔 Viva la Himalayan!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

No border issues, just rode around it 😂

Bit of excess info here so I’d skip this bit unless you’re travelling abroad - it was so much more civilised than the chaos at the airport, far more relaxed, they check your vaccination status and your locator form with your passport, took moments.
There is some difficulty for British folk with residency elsewhere as the border staff don’t have their head around other countries requirements and are demanding proof of vaccination when it’s not required so if you want to travel smoothly then just comply with the UK regs. The two key pieces of paper (which need to be printed as they don’t seem to understand/trust the apps) are your proof of vaccination and passenger locator form with a QR code on it. They don’t seem to be scanning them so feck knows why they want to see it but they do 😆

I do like that too though, crispy air and sunshine, lovely… if you’ve remembered your thermals 🙄😂

So far so good. The extra luggage weighing on the Himalayan has effected the acceleration and top speed, stick some decent elevations into the equation and full throttle is umm well let’s just say far from exciting 😂 I’m guessing that the really high elevations might be effecting the mix. Those higher than high moments aside they’re running great, once you’ve made the adjustment from much more powerful bikes the Himalayan is a smile a mile, so easy to ride and endlessly trustworthy in any conditions so it’s just lovely to sit on and be transported along looking at the views! 🏔 Viva la Himalayan!

Did they stamp your passports Caroline?

Guess where I am?

8E5988D1-758D-4E6A-B36E-95EBF896FAD7.thumb.jpeg.5a78c0dd72d725331c1984c8ff8f2484.jpeg

Half an hour away from Salobrena on the side of the road 🙄😂

Mr Slowlys turn to navigate, whats that coming off his bike? Looks like one of his straps. Beep beep beeep beeeep (cos the next thing you know his bag will dump itself on the autovia in front of me) Mr Slowlys occupied looking down at his bike seemingly trying to change gear. 
I stop n run a short distance back to the strap, fuck me the traffics fast when your heading towards it on foot… oh dear its not a strap… bollox! 

0EFA9C6A-EC45-445F-AA5E-B471E1AE343B.jpeg.3fa9432014fe647b3030706c9b749584.jpeg

The guardia civil arrive pretty quick, probably cameras covering this road. I hope they havent watched me run up the hard shoulder onto the carriage way with no hi viz on to retrieve the chain and so I quickly put it on. 
Need not of worried, They were perfectly pleasant but now an hour n a half wait for recovery and little hope of a chain then!

Police were nice though.

1D0533B9-869B-4F04-9C90-2C94A26D8916.thumb.jpeg.b1a6b18657b289c030463ff3749b3def.jpeg

Glad I put the hi viz in the top of the pannier and on the right side for easy retrieval the traffic is FAST. Think having the hi viz n the printed documents quickly to hand helped relax the Guardia, happy  they werent dealing with a couple of morons 😂

Gonna wait an hour more with Mr Slowly then head on cos I think Ill struggle if it gets dark n I cant see the road markings.

Well dinner wont be coming out of the slow cooker today now will it! 😂 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1