500 miles of pure fuckin' twat

Cupid Stunt

Well, it had been a few years without a bike but I eventual decided to get riding again albeit a bit more sedated as I could never seem to act my age on road bikes and we all know how that ends, been there done that, don't want to spend another two months in a wheelchair
So a scooter it was in the hopes of limiting my own twatish behaviour
I was getting a bit nervous riding the scoot, loving it but it was a bit odd in it's road manners, low speed bends/corners in particular the bike would step out on the rear causing butt fluctuations and a need for clean underpants on occasion after a while (500 miles ish) I thought I'd best have a closer look to see what's happening, the rear tyre had plenty of it's tread, I'd got rid of the chicken strips nicely, I did my normal tyre pressure test with my thumbs and all was fine
Still stepping out on roundabouts and bends, so I put a shout out on a scoot group on facefook and it was suggested the tyre pressure might be low, surely not I tested it the same way I always tested my dirt/trail bikes with my ultra reliable thumbs
As it happens when I put a pressure gauge on it there was only 6.5psi in the rear and 24psi in the front, whooops, fucking twat, I'd been gunning that round big fast bends and ridden around 500 miles including all the way to Aberystwyth and back.

Well what a difference now, I'm even more impressed with the scoot, frankly for the roads I ride there's no need for anything more, I don't do two up riding, I don't do motorways or dual carriageways or at least I avoid them as best I can and stick to smaller A and B roads

It now sticks to the tarmac like shit to a blanket or in this case shit to my undercaks with a 6.5psi tyre pressure

So the moral of the story is don't be a cunt, scoot tyres are much stubbier and thicker and thumbs don't work 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

My pressure gauge was free on a motorcycle magazine that I bought in a Greek airport about 12 years ago .  It still works perfectly and I've never had to change  the battery, it was the best 3 euros I've ever spent.

My thumbs have been redundant for over 12 years now  😄

• Like 4