Get out of my street

yen_powell

30 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

For me it used to be April.  Every year in March my boss would ask me what I needed for the Lab , the fecker never let me buy a new bike though 😏

seems to me the bike would be useful for expediting deliveries, or pick-ups 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The little greens and reds!

I'm really sorry Pete, but my colour vision is shit with thin lines, they all look mostly the same. Can you put an arrow onto my original screenshot to what you mean?

I wonder if I can get a guide dog for colours?

4 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I'm really sorry Pete, but my colour vision is shit with thin lines, they all look mostly the same. Can you put an arrow onto my original screenshot to what you mean?

image.png.5fc46dc3160e8ed583e2fa31f6cc1327.png

12 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

See told you @XTreme.

15 minutes ago, XTreme said:

image.png.5fc46dc3160e8ed583e2fa31f6cc1327.png

The orangy lines in the topmost arrow are a flat channel about 6 inches wide to make the rainwater run along the top of the footway after it was built out into the road. The idea is it flows in from the back of the footway down the slope  to the channel and from the new kerb top towards the channel then along and plops into the road.

The bottom arrow is pointing at the back of the footway and the edge of the hoarding that is currently around the old London Chest Hospital site.

I'll screenshot it close up so you can see the text on the plan. As you can see I got the surveyors to pick up all the spot levels, surface materials, road markings and manhole lids. This should stop me having puddles when I finish and having to explain to a large Irishman (or Romanian) why my new kerb runs right through the centre of a large steel frame and lid.

image.png.1dd199b09c988fdc4405a09407916832.png

• Like 2

I have hatched in some dark grey asphalt so it is clearer to the non planny type people at my next meeting where the vehicles actually go. Not all road markings are white at the moment as you can see.

image.png.5b6d95dc6c8b159337f34669e3dd04b8.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

The orangy lines in the topmost arrow are a flat channel about 6 inches wide to make the rainwater run along the top of the footway after it was built out into the road. The idea is it flows in from the back of the footway down the slope  to the channel and from the new kerb top towards the channel then along and plops into the road.

The bottom arrow is pointing at the back of the footway and the edge of the hoarding that is currently around the old London Chest Hospital site.

I'll screenshot it close up so you can see the text on the plan. As you can see I got the surveyors to pick up all the spot levels, surface materials, road markings and manhole lids. This should stop me having puddles when I finish and having to explain to a large Irishman (or Romanian) why my new kerb runs right through the centre of a large steel frame and lid.

image.png.1dd199b09c988fdc4405a09407916832.png

He doesn't really want to know all that shit he just wants to know where the treasure is buried

• Haha 3

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

He doesn't really want to know all that shit he just wants to know where the treasure is buried

There could be treasure as well. The Old Chest Hospital site used to be the manor house for the Bishop of London, Bishop Bonner, also known as Bloody Bonner for his love of burning Catholics (everyone should have a hobby). There's a Mulberry tree still on the site that he is said to have tied heretics to whilst they were whipped. If you google the tree you get this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethnal_Green_mulberry_tree

The whole redevelopment is now held up by a court case because they wanted to uproot the tree and put it somewhere else. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On Sunday I'm meeting Jim and his son Little Jim (also known as Gerald due to the fact that's his name) to mark out my scheme kerb lines on the actual road and footways in chalk and paint. This way we can gauge the best places to put any new gullies and drainage connections and see any obvious fuck ups with my lines before I go any further and make myself look a right dicky-doo-dah.

Hope it stays dry or that's my overtime up the spout. Jim and myself will be measuring and curving bits of rope artistically whilst Gerald shouts out if we are about to get run over and if he doesn't he will get a blast of Gaelic swearing off his Dad from underneath a lorry.

Coincidentally there is a nice food market just inside the park gates we will be working outside, so lunch should be exotic and possibly tasty. Check out the link below.

http://victoriaparkmarket.com/

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

On Sunday I'm meeting Jim and his son Little Jim (also known as Gerald due to the fact that's his name) to mark out my scheme kerb lines on the actual road and footways in chalk and paint. This way we can gauge the best places to put any new gullies and drainage connections and see any obvious fuck ups with my lines before I go any further and make myself look a right dicky-doo-dah.

Hope it stays dry or that's my overtime up the spout. Jim and myself will be measuring and curving bits of rope artistically whilst Gerald shouts out if we are about to get run over and if he doesn't he will get a blast of Gaelic swearing off his Dad from underneath a lorry.

Coincidentally there is a nice food market just inside the park gates we will be working outside, so lunch should be exotic and possibly tasty. Check out the link below.

http://victoriaparkmarket.com/

East London's most beautiful park?

The Office What GIF

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

East London's most beautiful park?

The Office What GIF

It's alright I suppose, has won a few awards, but it is a bit lacking in toilet facilities and I have had a few managers who think a meeting there instead of the office is a good idea. I built a road in there a few years back, I was only supposed to check the construction on behalf of someone else but it turned out there were no drawings for it at all, so I had to do those, including a bit of a wiggle to save some mature trees and then set it out. It now gets used by HGVs when they have a music festival in there. I'll see if I can find my pictures of the trees I couldn't save being cut down after a birds nest check.

Bit of Old London Bridge put here when the park was built. The Georgian one not the medieval one I assume.

image.png.edcd78c1244ce060027b3f8322d9330d.png

image.png.c1663160696b1398777f347f0cc63675.png

image.png.d23c7419e28d114a642f4fc94617bc1e.png

• Like 6

Just now, yen_powell said:

It's alright I suppose, has won a few awards, but it is a bit lacking in toilet facilities and I have had a few managers who think a meeting there instead of the office is a good idea. I built a road in there a few years back, I was only supposed to check the construction on behalf of someone else but it turned out there were no drawings for it at all, so I had to do those, including a bit of a wiggle to save some mature trees and then set it out. It now gets used by HGVs when they have a music festival in there. I'll see if I can find my pictures of the trees I couldn't save being cut down after a birds nest check.

Bit of Old London Bridge put here when the park was built. The Georgian one not the medieval one I assume.

image.png.edcd78c1244ce060027b3f8322d9330d.png

image.png.c1663160696b1398777f347f0cc63675.png

image.png.d23c7419e28d114a642f4fc94617bc1e.png

That doesn't look bad actually!

Here's my road, the only pictures I can find is where we've already done the big bit at the Hackney end and have just started on the bit in the old tree area. It has grass growing through it now so it doesn't look so stark. The London Air Ambulance started using it for transferring patients to the London Chest Hospital after we finished it as it was clear of trees at one end and a nice stable landing ground in wet weather. I've got a video of articulated lorries running on AutoTRACK simulation between my trees somewhere on the server at work.

P1110680.JPG

P1110681.JPG

P1110682.JPG

P1110683.JPG

P1110684.JPG

P1110685.JPG

P1110686.JPG

P1110687.JPG

P1110688.JPG

P1110689.JPG

P1110690.JPG

P1110691.JPG

P1110692.JPG

P1110693.JPG

P1110694.JPG

P1110695.JPG

P1110696.JPG

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Here's my road, the only pictures I can find is where we've already done the big bit at the Hackney end and have just started on the bit in the old tree area. It has grass growing through it now so it doesn't look so stark. The London Air Ambulance started using it for transferring patients to the London Chest Hospital after we finished it as it was clear of trees at one end and a nice stable landing ground in wet weather. I've got a video of articulated lorries running on AutoTRACK simulation between my trees somewhere on the server at work.

P1110680.JPG

P1110681.JPG

P1110682.JPG

P1110683.JPG

P1110684.JPG

P1110685.JPG

P1110686.JPG

P1110687.JPG

P1110688.JPG

P1110689.JPG

P1110690.JPG

P1110691.JPG

P1110692.JPG

P1110693.JPG

P1110694.JPG

P1110695.JPG

P1110696.JPG

That looks good Yen!

Found my Columbia Road cycle track pics on the same back up disc.

I had to replace some grim 1960s brick planter full of needles and rats. I found an old giant plant pot thrown away by the City of London in one of my contractor's storage yards when I was choosing some second hand granite setts one day (they have a contract with the City as well). I got it for free and employed a sign writer/artist. I showed him what I wanted and he did the bizzo.

I had some drain holes drilled in the underside, plonked a steel post in it, ordered some direction signs and made a little cycle track junction sign up. The old bloke in the pictures is Dead Ted, the most gentlemanly person I ever met. He was live Ted back then. I think he was 82 at the time these pictures were taken. Had a family box at Wimbledon Tennis ground and was brought up in Canada and Ireland before joining the RAF as an officer, then became a policeman, car salesman, highways inspector and finally highways contractor. I miss him.

The bloke laying the turf is Jim, who will be setting out with me on Sunday.

The blue duct tape on the indoor pics of the plant pot are mine so the artist knew where the pointy hands had to be (there are two in total) and which way they had to point.

P1190479.JPG

P1190480.JPG

P1190481.JPG

P1190482.JPG

P1190483.JPG

P1190489.JPG

P1190503.JPG

P1190509.JPG

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You get to some different places Yen.......what's the worst one they've sent you to?

His underwear drawer.

• Haha 4