You think you know your Music?

XTreme

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

So off the top of my head here are some of my favourite albums @XTreme, I'll take an educated guess that you've probably never listened to any of them :classic_laugh:

And you'd be right Bob!

Now this to me is the greatest album EVER!

spacer.png

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tango said:

Well, yes, the original line-up was also good. The track "In the Court of the Crimson King" is a masterpiece. 

King Crimson songs used to get taken down almost instantly on YouTube until recently. Seems that Robert Fripp has mellowed in his old age! Mind you, have you seen some of the videos that he and Toyah have put on Facebook over the past months? Toyah and Robert's Sunday Lunch!

Well look at Toyah ......he should of pushed off the bike , threw over the worktop and rammed one home ....

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Six30 said:

Well look at Toyah ......he should of pushed off the bike , threw over the worktop and rammed one home ....

It's fucking embarrassing! A respected musician such as Robert Fripp sitting there like a brainless stooge while his talentless 63 year old wife just makes awful music vids so she can show her off her fake tits!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

It's fucking embarrassing! A respected musician such as Robert Fripp sitting there like a brainless stooge while his talentless 63 year old wife just makes awful music vids so she can show her off her fake tits!

they look ok though 😊

• Haha 3

Of the original list, I don't own a single one of them. But I do have other albums by the same artists.  Its just that the albums on the list.. of those by bands I like, I just never rated those particular albums. 

and.. no shame in that.

Just don't get me started on bloody marrilion. great music.. until you pay attention to the bloody lyrics. OH MY GOD. just thinking about them make me want to do serious harm to my wrists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Motobiker said:

Of the original list, I don't own a single one of them. But I do have other albums by the same artists.  Its just that the albums on the list.. of those by bands I like, I just never rated those particular albums. 

and.. no shame in that.

Just don't get me started on bloody marrilion. great music.. until you pay attention to the bloody lyrics. OH MY GOD. just thinking about them make me want to do serious harm to my wrists.

crack on ....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Motobiker said:

and.. no shame in that.

At least their lyrics are not the twee claptrap that other bands churn out! 

But musical taste is totally subjective, so there's never really a right and a wrong, just appreciation of different things. 

• Like 1

For me, Fragile by Yes is my standout album of this list for a number of reasons. Mainly because it was the first album that I bought with my own money from my Saturday job. I loved it, my mates hated it!

At school there was a big lad in my class that made mine and my mates lives a misery. He was the typical class bully. I hated going to school at that time, because every day he'd confront us and push us around. Anyway, there was a toy shop in the town that also sold records. I was in there one day and Fragile caught my eye. I'd never heard any of Yes' music, but the cover art just called to me, so I bought it. On the way home with my new purchase I bumped into my nemesis. "Wot ya got there, Barker?" Standing right in my face! I thought, that's it, he's gonna smash the LP or use it like a Frisbee. But there was no way of avoiding it, so I showed him my new album. "Fragile? Awesome! YES are my favourite band. Have you heard any of their other stuff?" So I said that I hadn't. "Check out the YES album. Starship Trooper is out of this world! I'll bring it into school on Monday and you can borrow it if you like?"

So, my arch enemy suddenly became friends and, although we didn't hang out together, the bullying stopped on that day!

So, Fragile has a special place in my memories and I still listen to it to this day.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Jitter Music (whatever that is) is beyond your comprehension Bob.

Stick to your Bucks Fizz, Bay City Rollers teenybop shit!

Triple H Yes GIF by WWE

I can't see any of those in my albums above but I'll give it a go.  My musical tastes go far and wide, I'm not stuck in one genre in the 1970's

love-long-distance.gif.2ad367cc25aa2edddef32d3dc74241c7.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, XTreme said:

OK......here's a question for Prog fans!

Remember this classic album from 1970?

spacer.png

It contained a track "Black Sheep of the Family".

How did this one track cause Rainbow to be formed?

Sounds like Ronnie James Dio on vocals?

50 minutes ago, Tango said:

Me too, Pete!

The answer to why "Black Sheep of the Family" resulted in Rainbow forming was that Blackmore has always loved that song.

He wanted Purple to record it around the time they were recording "Stormbringer".

The other members said "no" so Blackmore (who's always got to have his own way) left Purple to form Rainbow!

And the version of it that you heard above with Dio was the first thing they recorded.

And he recorded it again in 2019 with Ronnie Romero on vocals.....and it was more in keeping with the original.

• Like 3