Copdock Bike Show

yen_powell

Never been before, which is a shame because it only cost a tenner to get in and was much better than the sad excuse for a show at Peterborough (Devitt/MCN?).

Couldn't find my bike in the bike park when leaving, like a doddery old pensioner (no offence Pete). I was wandering up and down in a confused manner. Only XT1200 there as well. Turned out that in my head I was about 8 rows back from the front, I was actually only 3 rows back. I could see one of the stewards watching me, I must have looked like I was casing the joint for a bike theft.

Dougie Lampkin was poodling past where I was standing when he saw a little girl waving so he slowed down and waved back. I was taking pictures of him at the time so caught a bit of it. I offered the picture to her parents, but it turned out none of us could manage to send it, so had to email it when I got in. There was some very young children attempting to ride over upturned skips, very brave, especially in front of a crowd.

I had the place to myself when I first got there, so took a few pictures of the trials area and a lovely hearse and a product for the site owner.

20210919_090531.jpg

20210919_090546.jpg

20210919_090608.jpg

20210919_091009.jpg

20210919_091303.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Last week I was helping my mate excavate a collapsed shed at his late father's house. We were trying to recover two bike wrecks he had stored back in the mid 80s. One was a TS250 frame and few other parts of it in boxes. He sold it for £450 to a dealer. I found it for sale today.

20210919_095834.jpg

20210919_095838.jpg

20210919_095844.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Went and visited my brother who lives about 2 miles away afterwards, not seen him since 2019 I think. He was telling me that he found two women walking along his street opening up peoples' wheelie bins and taking stuff out of them. He told them to fuck off and knocked on his neighbour's door to let him know that some one had been going down his bin. The neighbour exclaimed, oh it was probably them that stole the trainers. Turned out his son had trodden in dog do big time and left the trainers outside when he came indoors. When he came out to clean them they had been taken.

edit. It's chucking it down outside now, perfect timing!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Is that a Messerschmitt?

20210919_103328.jpg

No idea, I just liked the red and white seats. I took the picture of the Bond Bugs next to this 3 wheeler because I used to have an orange Dinky toy exactly the same.

• Like 1

I hadn't realised that one of those event photographers was there until I saw the little tent with a board covered in zillions of tiny images with numbers next to them. I stared hard as it blew back and forth in the breeze, but without reading glasses I had no chance of finding myself between 8am and 9:30am. Grabbed a card instead so I could find the website and checked it out on my large screen, much easier.

PT3_9555.JPG

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I hadn't realised that one of those event photographers was there until I saw the little tent with a board covered in zillions of tiny images with numbers next to them. I stared hard as it blew back and forth in the breeze, but without reading glasses I had no chance of finding myself between 8am and 9:30am. Grabbed a card instead so I could find the website and checked it out on my large screen, much easier.

PT3_9555.JPG

That's looking a bit clean for yours Yen?

28 minutes ago, XTreme said:

That's looking a bit clean for yours Yen?

Optical illusion, no matter how grungy they get, they always look cleaner in photographs. It's similar to the flattening of steep slopes effect. Also of course it's only a year old, the muckiness is still a work in progress.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, boboneleg said:

@Catteeclan is going to be gutted that he got pissed last night 

I'm in a group chat on WhatsApp, it's call the Mag bike boys. Mag being the magdelan estate where we grew up.
A good bunch of them went yesterday and they posted more pics of themselves than the items and bikes they went to see.:classic_laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3