Third Weekend of September

gymwitch

9 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Morning. Happy Sunday all. Wotcha having for Sunday lunch today?

Happy Sunday to you! 🙂

Just having my morning coffee!  ☕ 

I always feel like I've slept in because I talk to so many people in different time zones.... lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Happy Sunday to you! 🙂

Just having my morning coffee!  ☕ 

I always feel like I've slept in because I talk to so many people in different time zones.... lol

What time is it there Michelle?

5 hours ago, gymwitch said:

Hubs has a puncture so he's buggered off sailing. Im breaking in my new cleats and toying with...do i go Dunsop Bridge on Ripley orrrr do i get on push iron and try to stir these lazy lurgy ridden stumps of mine......🤔 sat on my ass procrastinating...... 

IMG_20210919_120000_439.jpg

Nice Cannondale, I had one just like it for many years.  Loved it, it was my city wheels, went everywhere in all kinds of weather......ahhhhh good memories.

What brand of cleats have you got on it?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

How far does it go on a charge Bob?

It depends on which mode you're in, Pete. In eco mode it should be good for a bit over 100km, but in Turbo mode I think you'd be lucky to see 40km. 😉

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@Tango I like it. Looks pricey!

It wasn't too bad price wise for an eBike, @Slowlycatchymonkey. Look up Cube Reaction Hybrid Performance 400. They're solidly made and use the Bosch drive system. The tracks round here are harsh, so it needs to be pretty solid to survive those! 😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Nice Cannondale, I had one just like it for many years.  Loved it, it was my city wheels, went everywhere in all kinds of weather......ahhhhh good memories.

What brand of cleats have you got on it?

I love  my cannondale its a cracking bike. Ive got SPD's on a shiny new pair of Sidi shoes.

20210919_214618.jpg

• Like 2

Hah, hah!!! I found you bastards!!!  Kind of like my parents when i was young, you keep moving hoping i dont find you?

anyways, Sunday was a fun dirt day!  Took the KTM out to see if it still ran (carbs instead of fuel injection makes for fun times).  Turns out, once you get some good fuel going thru it, its alright!

North of home is an area known as Carizzo Plains.  The little San Andreas fault runs thru it, but we dont worry about them trifles.   The main road thru is a mixture of asphalt and gravel, but the best part are the offshoot roads.  We probably spent about 3 hours putzing around in there, dropping bikes, etc.  Great time had by all, as we prep for a trip to Moab, UT in October.

Here's some pics.IMG_4850.thumb.JPG.856049f3a3e6d1dbb5dcc7d4a7ac755e.JPG

IMG_4854.JPG

IMG_4856.JPG

IMG_4855.JPG

IKHM4207.JPG

IMG_E4868.JPG

XIKK1108.JPG

finished off at a great hole in the wall burger joint in beautiful downtown Taft, CA

IMG_4864.thumb.JPG.26584c9fa3bb05e0282f586cd77b4ebb.JPG

• Like 7

16 hours ago, alfalfa said:

Hah, hah!!! I found you bastards!!!  Kind of like my parents when i was young, you keep moving hoping i dont find you?

anyways, Sunday was a fun dirt day!  Took the KTM out to see if it still ran (carbs instead of fuel injection makes for fun times).  Turns out, once you get some good fuel going thru it, its alright!

North of home is an area known as Carizzo Plains.  The little San Andreas fault runs thru it, but we dont worry about them trifles.   The main road thru is a mixture of asphalt and gravel, but the best part are the offshoot roads.  We probably spent about 3 hours putzing around in there, dropping bikes, etc.  Great time had by all, as we prep for a trip to Moab, UT in October.

Here's some pics.IMG_4850.thumb.JPG.856049f3a3e6d1dbb5dcc7d4a7ac755e.JPG

IMG_4854.JPG

IMG_4856.JPG

IMG_4855.JPG

IKHM4207.JPG

IMG_E4868.JPG

XIKK1108.JPG

finished off at a great hole in the wall burger joint in beautiful downtown Taft, CA

IMG_4864.thumb.JPG.26584c9fa3bb05e0282f586cd77b4ebb.JPG

Fuck me it’s Sam Elliot on his bike.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, alfalfa said:

sooo, you're saying that the web address is still adventuremotorcycles.net?

No.....the domain changed to motorcycleriders.net 5 months ago and you kept getting redirected here over that period.

So change your bookmark to www.motorcycleriders.net

• Like 1