Third Weekend of September

gymwitch

Just now, Tym said:

I never declared a major, couldnt write or spell wright so chit took a while to turn in, went to 5 different colleges, i  liked to surf in the winter and ski in the summer, i had hair, and was going to use it until i lost it...

One day a lady using a computer the size of a refrigerator said to me, oh look, you have a dregree already, i said in what? "You have a BA in Business Management and a minor in Economics!"...

Umm what i said? Time to get out she said, my life was over at that point, work, women, kids, 4 door sedens...ugh.

😆

What Tym said! :classic_unsure:

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

It 24.5 bhp is delivered well but you can't pretend you don't notice it on fast roads or at a busy roundabout when you want to sneak out quick.

@Skippy seems to get round OK with his over here......I suppose it depends on your environment.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, XTreme said:

@Skippy seems to get round OK with his over here......I suppose it depends on your environment.

Im happy with the Himalayan but 2 bikes massively mismatched on the power front can cause the person on the faster bike quite some irritation. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Im happy with the Himalayan but 2 bikes massively mismatched on the power front can cause the person on the faster bike quite some irritation. 

Not when you get out in the sticks it won't.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I know what you mean about riding with more powerful bikes, if the road opens up it’s impossible to stay with them but when it’s tighter and if you carry some corner speed all that additional power is redundant.

The range of bikes I ride alongside on tarmac includes a few Triumph Tigers, the new Triumph Trident, Africa Twin, Yamaha MT07 (very fast lad, ex-motorcrosset), Benelli TRK502, and a few custom bikes. It’s rare that I’m last to get anywhere but that requires having faith in the bike, reading the road well and………..caning the tits off the Himalayan (and it still does 90mpg!) 😝

When I get bored with their antics I just cut across country and ‘explore’.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I know what you mean about riding with more powerful bikes, if the road opens up it’s impossible to stay with them but when it’s tighter and if you carry some corner speed all that additional power is redundant.

The range of bikes I ride alongside on tarmac includes a few Triumph Tigers, the new Triumph Trident, Africa Twin, Yamaha MT07 (very fast lad, ex-motorcrosset), Benelli TRK502, and a few custom bikes. It’s rare that I’m last to get anywhere but that requires having faith in the bike, reading the road well and………..caning the tits off the Himalayan (and it still does 90mpg!) 😝

Agree completely. Went to Nick Sanders place with a bunch of women and I was on the Himalayan, I had no trouble staying upfront in lovely Snowdonia because its twisty but its longer distances on dual carriageways and motorways it can become frustrating. We've both experienced it. Ive been on the Himalayan having a lovely time soaking up the view and Mr Slowlys frustrated and vice versa. If we both had Himalayans Id be happy but Mr Slowly isn't up for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

It 24.5 bhp is delivered well but you can't pretend you don't notice it on fast roads or at a busy roundabout when you want to sneak out quick.

you need an enduro with grippy tyres (xr 250)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, skyrider said:

you need an enduro with grippy tyres (xr 250)

I go off road with a couple of blokes on XR250’s and to be honest unless you gear them for the road they’re awful. Slow and very uncomfortable on tarmac but useful off road if the terrain gets difficult.

• Like 2

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Thats not gonna comfortable over distance though.

If you want distance and a degree of offroad ability, plus a low seat while weighing in at 190kg.......I can't see a better fit than one of these.....

hgb-min.jpg.603fe835a169b53029b203d9a2380f11.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

You never show your fucking faces up here though!

Stick to cruising along Benidorm seafront!

Brendon Urie No GIF by Music Choice

• Haha 3

And now they are talking about a "Firebreak" lockdown in October, when the kids are on half term break, for 2 weeks, glad we are away the week before that.👍

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Clive said:

And now they are talking about a "Firebreak" lockdown in October, when the kids are on half term break, for 2 weeks, glad we are away the week before that.👍

Had to come Clive......cos he let everybody loose with no restrictions in place!

• Like 1

Wonder what happens to folks who have booked Med hols for the half term.🤔

I can stand 2 weeks in lockdown, not much different from my usual daily routine.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

If you want distance and a degree of offroad ability, plus a low seat while weighing in at 190kg.......I can't see a better fit than one of these.....

hgb-min.jpg.603fe835a169b53029b203d9a2380f11.jpg

I can, one of these........................  :littleguy:

1469819815_Day63.thumb.jpg.6a5a4f66e4310d67804663149e8b2856.jpg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Clive said:

Wonder what happens to folks who have booked Med hols for the half term.🤔

I can stand 2 weeks in lockdown, not much different from my usual daily routine.

A lot of folk have been wise enough to only book ‘flexi’ deals that allow you to simply move it to another date. The holiday industry after pissing everyone off keeping their money first time round have bitten themselves in the arse because everyone is wary of booking with them again so had to offer some sort of Covid proofing to entice people back. 

• Like 3