Time for the weekend!

Tym

31 over the weekend......I could do with it a bit cooler really! However, the weather really changes on Monday!

1235560141_Screenshot2021-09-10124250.jpg.8275d1dec7943295264836214257fdb8.jpg

I should be OK to get out on Saturday and Sunday cos I got the Baza shopping done today, but it'll have to be early!

• Like 3

My weekend started today as i have taken today off work.:dancebanana:  Just fitted some carpet on our landing only taken me a year and 2 hours to fit, it was an offcut from a new carpet my parents had fitted, it's been rolled up at the bottom of the stairs for a year and that's how long the wife's been nagging me to fit it, she must have got smart and used reverse psychology on me because last night she said take that carpet to the dump tomorrow if your not going to fit it, got up this morning and just laid it WTF i hope she's not going to make this a regular thing 😅

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

My weekend started today as i have taken today off work.:dancebanana:  Just fitted some carpet on our landing only taken me a year and 2 hours to fit, it was an offcut from a new carpet my parents had fitted, it's been rolled up at the bottom of the stairs for a year and that's how long the wife's been nagging me to fit it, she must have got smart and used reverse psychology on me because last night she said take that carpet to the dump tomorrow if your not going to fit it, got up this morning and just laid it WTF i hope she's not going to make this a regular thing 😅

You're a fucking lazy twat Fred!

• Haha 4

Van action Sunday ... nephew bought a Thundercat 600, think i said.... any way had a spyball alarm , fucking thing , turned into a drama, nephew ended up replacing the loom £40 and couple of hours fitting it. Got no mot so off to a private bit of road to give it a run make sure its all good before we mot it .

• Like 5

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

You're a fucking lazy twat Fred!

I took your comment on board and went for some exercise with me mate tonight had a little loop around some lanes i haven't done in years

Here's my mate showing me how not to do it

And here's me showing him how not to do it LOL

We took in the old railway tunnel just to see if its still clear 

IMG_2587.thumb.JPG.a010a1236774167ceb3b46c9c10ead6d.JPG

Why does my mate look like Stan Laurel :classic_laugh:

IMG_2584.thumb.JPG.cfc0e7f14e854e1f544d870cb81a530d.JPG

Then we had a play on one of the old coal tips i used to train on 

This is my mate showing me how to do it 

And me showing him how not to do it :classic_laugh:

I decided to have a go at the bigger one which turned out easier easier than the smaller climb because it was straight up i chickened out on coming back down though 

Which will come tomorrow because Apparently  I've reached my daily upload on youtube which i didn't know was a thing

Anyhow because i done it my mate had to do it

But being a twat or is it better rider he came down it as well 

The videos as usual make everything look relatively flat but it was pretty steep looking from the top down

• Like 7

We did a couple of group rides, but they ended up being rubbish.

1 wanted a slash/shit.

1 wanted a coffee break.

1 or more wanted a ciggy break.

1 or more needed fuel.

1 wanted to keep stopping for photos.

1 (lead rider) got lost.

After several hours very little of a real ride was had, did not bother again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Clive said:

We did a couple of group rides, but they ended up being rubbish.

1 wanted a slash/shit.

1 wanted a coffee break.

1 or more wanted a ciggy break.

1 or more needed fuel.

1 wanted to keep stopping for photos.

1 (lead rider) got lost.

After several hours very little of a real ride was had, did not bother again.

Was that list just about you @clive :classic_laugh:

• Haha 5

Just now, XTreme said:

Brilliant stuff Fred!

How far does that tunnel go?

Its only a Quarter of a mile and you have to turn around and go back as the A470 to Merthyr is built on the old brecon line across the entrance/exit

This is the end we had to turn around on heading east towards Quakers yard station

7084216063_6cd5a34849_o.thumb.jpg.11ed92bc783962c4390081895734a79f.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Any other areas leading off it inside?

No but there is some workings in there where they dug into the old coal seam during the miners strike i had a look in there as a kid and even with my limited knowledge back then i knew it was too dangerous to go past the entrance yet they were pulling coal out of there  

• Like 1