A pain in Spain

Slowlycatchymonkey

All things being equal (or perhaps just Covid free enuf) Ill be picking up the keys on Friday 💃 🕺 

I seemed to have right royally screwed up though, I cant find my driving licence anywhere. Ive taken the day off tomorrow to tear the house apart looking for it but this could be the dampest squib Ive ever presided over. I have another premonition.. hiring a car or motorbikes without a licence will be tricky (impossible😂), how does she do it we ask? Fuck knows. 

Ill try and post updates of the unfolding disaster/triumph but I got a feeling I’m gonna be busy ripping the house apart so that Mr Slowlys “Welcome to motorcycling in Spain” doesnt turn into “Welcome to you doing all the driving because your wife is a half wit” 😂🤣😂😂😬

• Haha 5

Just now, boboneleg said:

I'm not certain but I think it's illegal to ride/drive without your licence in most European countries ?

Yes....you must have your licence and all vehicle papers with you at all times.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yep all yours papers all the time- oops 🤣

There was also talk that UK licences might not be recognised in Spain and you'd need some sort of permit. Is that the case?

29 minutes ago, XTreme said:

There was also talk that UK licences might not be recognised in Spain and you'd need some sort of permit. Is that the case?

If you have a photo card thats dandy. If you have a paper licence you need a IDP.

The only changes are if its a UK vehicle you must display on the number plate a GB sticker (this changes to a UK sticker on the 1st January) and unrelated to Brexit Spain like France has now made motorcycle gloves mandatory. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

If you have a photo card thats dandy. If you have a paper licence you need a IDP.

The only changes are if its a UK vehicle you must display on the number plate a GB sticker (this changes to a UK sticker on the 1st January) and unrelated to Brexit Spain like France has now made motorcycle gloves mandatory. 

In France motorcycle gloves must be CE marked and worn at all times on the bike.

UK sticker I think is mandatory from 1st September? I'll have to check that one.

11 minutes ago, Tango said:

In France motorcycle gloves must be CE marked and worn at all times on the bike.

UK sticker I think is mandatory from 1st September? I'll have to check that one.

28th September. 

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/gb-car-sticker-to-be-replaced-by-new-uk-version/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tango said:

Thanks Tango thats right. The 1st of Jan is the change from the GB sticker to the UK one. Apparently it was felt wrong that Ireland was excluded as its not part of GB but is part of the UK?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Thanks Tango thats right. The 1st of Jan is the change from the GB sticker to the UK one. Apparently it was felt wrong that Ireland was excluded as its not part of GB but is part of the UK?!

Found your licence yet Caroline?

• Like 1

Found my license 💃 Used a waterproof wallet I rarely use for the ABR festival. Mr Slowly suggested it was that last night just as I was drifting off, as a consequence I had a shit nights sleep waiting to wake up this morning and find it 😂 but very happy ii wont be carting all my bike gear over there for no reason 😂

Got to go now, haven’t done the coronavirus tests, the locator form or hired a car 😬

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Tym said:

You lose chit like i lose chit, half my life is spent  looking for something i put down and forgot where i put it. 🤓

I hate losing my glasses!

Because without my glasses I can't find my glasses!

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I hate losing my glasses!

Because without my glasses I can't find my glasses!

Mum's great, first question, "Where did you put them last" ummm, mum ,ifffin i knew that...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Tym said:

You lose chit like i lose chit, half my life is spent  looking for something i put down and forgot where i put it. 🤓

Fuck I thought that was normal.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Six30 said:

do you think she is having a pop at you with title of post ?

I don't think so.....but she will have some pain in Spain soon when she has to deal with lazy Dagos on a daily basis! :littleguy:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

I don't think so.....but she will have some pain in Spain soon when she has to deal with lazy Dagos on a daily basis! :littleguy:

Especially if they're the 3 foot bum bandit types  :classic_unsure:

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Tym said:

Eddie Irish for $20 Alex. :littleguy:

Aimoo Juan fucked old Eddie over good and proper!

What did he say? Something like "I've been ripped off by a goddam motherfucking Spic again".

Golden Girls Lol GIF by HULU