Weird Coincidence

Tango

@boboneleg mentioning the Rover P6 that I had in the very early 80's reminded me of a strange coincidence. 

I still lived in northwest Kent when I had that car. Occasionally I used to go to a pub on a Sunday lunchtime with one of my mates and his girlfriend.  The car had a full length Webasto sunroof, which my mates girlfriend used to like standing up in the car looking out of it when it was open on a nice day. I eventually sold the car to finance my XS1100 and my mate split up with his girlfriend. 

My missus and I used to go to the bike night on a Tuesday evening at a pub not too far from where we lived near Cambridge if we got back from work on time. The pub often had a bbq going on the patio doing burgers or hot-dogs and the bike night was pretty popular, with the carpark rammed with bikes on nice evenings.

We were there one bike night a couple of years back, having a look around and a chat with some people we knew when I saw a woman that I thought I recognised.  She had a very distinctive limp that looked the same as my mates girlfriend from 30 years ago, caused by a bad bike accident. Eventually I had to go up to her and took a chance of looking a complete fool and said to her "do you remember standing up with your head out of the sunroof of my car many years back?" She looked at me as if I was mad and then laughed "Bob?".

She introduced me to her husband and we met up a good few times after that. We went over to their place, which was only about 20 minutes from where we lived a number of times. They had a fair sized garage, where her husband had pretty much every bike he'd ever owned in there.  

Sadly we lost touch with them a couple of years ago when they moved.

It was just such a strange coincidence meeting at a pub miles from where we used to live 30+ years later.

Has anything like that happened to anyone else?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Tango said:

@boboneleg mentioning the Rover P6 that I had in the very early 80's reminded me of a strange coincidence. 

I still lived in northwest Kent when I had that car. Occasionally I used to go to a pub on a Sunday lunchtime with one of my mates and his girlfriend.  The car had a full length Webasto sunroof, which my mates girlfriend used to like standing up in the car looking out of it when it was open on a nice day. I eventually sold the car to finance my XS1100 and my mate split up with his girlfriend. 

My missus and I used to go to the bike night on a Tuesday evening at a pub not too far from where we lived near Cambridge if we got back from work on time. The pub often had a bbq going on the patio doing burgers or hot-dogs and the bike night was pretty popular, with the carpark rammed with bikes on nice evenings.

We were there one bike night a couple of years back, having a look around and a chat with some people we knew when I saw a woman that I thought I recognised.  She had a very distinctive limp that looked the same as my mates girlfriend from 30 years ago, caused by a bad bike accident. Eventually I had to go up to her and took a chance of looking a complete fool and said to her "do you remember standing up with your head out of the sunroof of my car many years back?" She looked at me as if I was mad and then laughed "Bob?".

She introduced me to her husband and we met up a good few times after that. We went over to their place, which was only about 20 minutes from where we lived a number of times. They had a fair sized garage, where her husband had pretty much every bike he'd ever owned in there.  

Sadly we lost touch with them a couple of years ago when they moved.

It was just such a strange coincidence meeting at a pub miles from where we used to live 30+ years later.

Has anything like that happened to anyone else?

Good thread Bob! This is one I'll have to think about a bit!

If you do one about fannies that stink of fish I wouldn't need to think too hard! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

One thing I thought of, based on @Tango's experience, was this!

You may remember me mentioning the girl that stabbed me in Swansea in 1972?

Well in 1997 I was managing a computer superstore in Aylesbury and in walked her brother who was the same age as me! :classic_ohmy:

I recognised him straight away......it had been 25 years since I'd seen him last, but apart from normal ageing he hadn't changed at all.

Fortunately I'd changed a lot.....from this.....

1973.jpg.c1f535bab8cf760081b30b118f10bab8.jpg

.....to this.....

FILE153.JPG.30561db8d881cac1859418f7a58a5ac9.JPG

.......so he didn't recognise me. We actually spoke and I disguised my accent as much as possible, so he had no idea who I was.

Cos the last thing I wanted was his lunatic sister turning up with a knife again!

• Haha 4

My best friend in school was born the same day as me, and his younger brother had the same birthday as my younger brother. I always thought that was an amazing coincidence.

Spent a month in Brazil when I was 19, it was a good month. There I met a few portuguese kids a similar age as me, all from my hometown ...

Once in Morocco, documented in my Morocco 2016 ride report, I met the one Portuguese guy I met in Morocco, we got to be friends and travel together, he lived 25km away from my and my parents' home.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

One thing I thought of, based on @Tango's experience, was this!

You may remember me mentioning the girl that stabbed me in Swansea in 1972?

Well in 1997 I was managing a computer superstore in Aylesbury and in walked her brother who was the same age as me! :classic_ohmy:

I recognised him straight away......it had been 25 years since I'd seen him last, but apart from normal ageing he hadn't changed at all.

Fortunately I'd changed a lot.....from this.....

1973.jpg.c1f535bab8cf760081b30b118f10bab8.jpg

.....to this.....

FILE153.JPG.30561db8d881cac1859418f7a58a5ac9.JPG

.......so he didn't recognise me. We actually spoke and I disguised my accent as much as possible, so he had no idea who I was.

Cos the last thing I wanted was his lunatic sister turning up with a knife again!

is that the girl that stabbed you in the yellow shirt ?

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Trolling ... pot , kettle .

I'm not the one who was trolling people on the other forum.....you were!

And then I got roped into your Incomprehensible Warning PM and I'd done nothing!

So basically I was guilty by association!

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm not the one who was trolling people on the other forum.....you were!

And then I got roped into your Incomprehensible Warning PM and I'd done nothing!

So basically I was guilty by association!

your the biggest baddest troll ever in the history of the internet ..... and i got roped in on your warning, which i knew was happening... it was planned cause they knew you'd sulk and flounce ...sucker.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Six30 said:

your the biggest baddest troll ever in the history of the internet ..... and i got roped in on your warning, which i knew was happening... it was planned cause they knew you'd sulk and flounce ...sucker.

The truth is now revealed......I always had my suspicions!

What you say @Tango?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The truth is now revealed......I always had my suspicions!

What you say @Tango?

Although, posting pictures of you actually out on your bike probably didn't help your cause either! 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

As this is the Weird Coincidence thread......this may be relevant @Tango

As you know, I got fitted up because @Six30 was being an annoying cunt over there.

I left.....others started asking questions, word went round, people got restricted and banned, and we had an incoming of new members.

That was really needed because history shows us that we can't survive with just the longtermers......we must have new blood.

That ain't easy considering the power Social Media has.......and I was out of ideas quite frankly.

But cometh the hour, cometh the man! In came Six playing the annoying cunt over there, and he was the catalyst that sparked their actions that caused the exodus.....and the rest is history.

I tell you what.....he's singlehandedly put us on the map by being an annoying cunt! Is that a weird coincidence or what?

He's got my MOTY vote (and obviously TOTY as well) this year. The double has only ever been done once before by Mad Marcel in 2008......could it happen again?

I just hope his Handlers over there reward him in an appropriate manner for the difference he's made!

Happy GIF

What you say @Clive?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A few years ago, on the Nurburgring, I got turned back for having worn out tires, which was fair enough as even though they were semi slicks, I was sliding all over the place in dry weather.

Being back on road tires there was not much of a point in driving fast, so ran into a guy i used to know and he offered a couple of passenger laps in his really fast car, to which I accepted. He bailed and I could only see him getting on track, but since the track was still very empty and the early morning mist rising, I couldn't resist and took my car out for a gentle lap with my brother. 

Halfway through the track, on the only piece of track with a concrete wall, braked on a big oil spill and went sideways into the wall at 100 or 120kmh. Quite lucky to not hurt my brother who was on the side that went against the wall.

The coincidence? That oil spill had been caused by the car I was supposed to be in as a passenger, it had just blown it's engine and dumped a lot of oil downshifting into that corner 30 seconds before.

• Like 6

Closest thing i can think of is a girl i had an affair with when i was living with her cousin 30 years ago walked by me in my town hall right before covid hit after getting elected to something.

Big surprise. No we havnt talked no meeting up for tea with her British husband yet.

😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, XTreme said:

As this is the Weird Coincidence thread......this may be relevant @Tango

As you know, I got fitted up because @Six30 was being an annoying cunt over there.

I left.....others started asking questions, word went round, people got restricted and banned, and we had an incoming of new members.

That was really needed because history shows us that we can't survive with just the longtermers......we must have new blood.

That ain't easy considering the power Social Media has.......and I was out of ideas quite frankly.

But cometh the hour, cometh the man! In came Six playing the annoying cunt over there, and he was the catalyst that sparked their actions that caused the exodus.....and the rest is history.

I tell you what.....he's singlehandedly put us on the map by being an annoying cunt! Is that a weird coincidence or what?

He's got my MOTY vote (and obviously TOTY as well) this year. The double has only ever been done once before by Mad Marcel in 2008......could it happen again?

I just hope his Handlers over there reward him in an appropriate manner for the difference he's made!

Happy GIF

What you say @Clive?

Yep he deserves both accolades...

He is the forums equivalent of Katie Hopkins.......spouts some shit, with the occasional word of wisdom.😂

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Clive said:

Yep he deserves both accolades...

He is the forums equivalent of Katie Hopkins.......spouts some shit, with the occasional word of wisdom.😂

All he need to do is give you a bike and he's got it in the bag!

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, XTreme said:

All he need to do is give you a bike and he's got it in the bag!

A Suzuki!......no way!.............rather walk.😂

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Clive said:

Van and a Ducati.......na give em a miss...👍

If you got a Ducati you need a van for breakdown purposes though Clive!

I gotta give it Six......he was way ahead of the curve on that one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Whats this ..lets Bully Six day ..... cunts

giphy (7).gif

I was praising you......I said that I was going to nominate you for MOTY in December because you've done so much to help this forum grow!

Just now, XTreme said:

I was praising you......I said that I was going to nominate you for MOTY in December because you've done so much to help this forum grow!

ok ... well thanks then , much appreciated , only thing i've  ever won was a Whitney Houston album when i was about 16

• Like 1
  • Haha 3