MooN

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

Great effort with the pictures while walking around, I appreciate that.

Bet it was refreshing to go out and spend a couple of days by yourself, too.

I don't think there are a lot of really high mileage water-cooled BMWs, are there? Did you find out if the guy had serious trouble in those 230000 miles? 

it was part of the deal... some "Me" time away from everybody else where I can just "Be".  

He didn't say much about the GS but judging from what I saw, I imagine it had a high level of preventive maintenance and routine work done by pukka mechanics rather than el cheapo back street moped mechanics. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I can never figure how these guys can go away for years on these trips.

Where does the money come from to fund it all?

This much he told me; retired from the army in 2015 after 31 years service having entered at 19 ( mostly active service in the gulf, Kosovo, serbia and afganistan). Mortgage paid off, wife but no kids.  Wife died in 2016, he fucked off on his bike, originally to france for a few days to sort himself out but then just kept on going. He says he was lucky to have a full military pension and his sister in the uk organised renting his house out, so that while he lived frugally, camping mostly and eating from supermarkets he was ok financially, on a budget sure, but ok. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MooN said:

This much he told me; retired from the army in 2015 after 31 years service having entered at 19 ( mostly active service in the gulf, Kosovo, serbia and afganistan). Mortgage paid off, wife but no kids.  Wife died in 2016, he fucked off on his bike, originally to france for a few days to sort himself out but then just kept on going. He says he was lucky to have a full military pension and his sister in the uk organised renting his house out, so that while he lived frugally, camping mostly and eating from supermarkets he was ok financially, on a budget sure, but ok. 

He's lucky to have a good Pension to keep him going.

If he was on a normal UK one he wouldn't be going anywhere!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MooN said:

Hope the ride helped him

• Like 2