First Weekend in September!

XTreme

Weather looks decent enough here......

724445479_Screenshot2021-09-03074836.jpg.4a1a69c65291aec7375baf57ff3f59c4.jpg

......so hopefully I'll be out!

The wife's on about going to the garden centre in Caniles :classic_unsure: but I'm going to try and switch that to today if possible.

What have you got planned?

• Like 4

We had 8 inches of rain from the storm, i would like to get out to see how much water is still about. Its called Labour Day Weekend here, bank 3 day weekend 'Oliday type chit with monday being the off day....last weekend of "summer" for New England.

The last tropical storm took the life of a Connecticut State Trooper who was swept off a bridge and drowned, so some friends of mine arnt doing that great today, Duty, the biggest four letter word in the English language..

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

My brother reports his NYC car he is assigned to was moved a few spots by flood waters, the boys in the shop said they;d give it a few days and let him know. :classic_unsure:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

The weather feels like October already around here.  Most of the tourists have started to go home now and the Coast is slowing down again. :littleguy:

Got out for a short ride on Charlotte today.  Hopefully out on Bagheera tomorrow.

It is a long weekend here, so I have an extra day of fun. 😎

Have a good weekend everyone!  

A1D9A973-C2BD-48C8-8A4C-6C453F2F5378_1_201_a.jpeg.9d28c613e831f404c5a3fd5b91dad24e.jpeg

997C51FF-1184-4FD1-B5D5-7A8F6F84192F_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.719ff89dd448e93a91ba97b782f32487.jpeg

• Like 7

having got back from a wee road trip up north on wednesday I'll mostly be putting out tent and sleeping bag to air for a while before being put away again properly. I need to take the bike for a wash so I'll get out a bit and then replace the rear left indicator which, having tried 4 different repair techniques, only 1 of which lasted more than a few hours, I can now change out in about 10 minutes with my eyes closed,  Oh Yeah, kids have started back to school yesterday so there's a whole pile of paperwork to fill in... twice 🙄

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, MooN said:

having got back from a wee road trip up north on wednesday I'll mostly be putting out tent and sleeping bag to air for a while before being put away again properly. I need to take the bike for a wash so I'll get out a bit and then replace the rear left indicator which, having tried 4 different repair techniques, only 1 of which lasted more than a few hours, I can now change out in about 10 minutes with my eyes closed,  Oh Yeah, kids have started back to school yesterday so there's a whole pile of paperwork to fill in... twice 🙄

What's the situation with work at the moment Chris?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

What's the situation with work at the moment Chris?

Dunno mate, I've been away for 10 days and my phone is switched off... 😇

When I left on the 23rd, the US booking we had for september were cancelling. the UK bookings were cancelling as well as it is just too complicated and expensive to get back into the UK once you've been away. ( i wanted to go back for my Mum's 90th birthday last week with the kids but with 5 people the cost of the testing alone was approaching 800€ !) The French holiday season ends abruptly on the 1st weekend of september so unless something has radically changed I imagine it will be quiet when I go back on monday.  wht's going to happen this winter is anybody's guess. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, MooN said:

Dunno mate, I've been away for 10 days and my phone is switched off... 😇

When I left on the 23rd, the US booking we had for september were cancelling. the UK bookings were cancelling as well as it is just too complicated and expensive to get back into the UK once you've been away. ( i wanted to go back for my Mum's 90th birthday last week with the kids but with 5 people the cost of the testing alone was approaching 800€ !) The French holiday season ends abruptly on the 1st weekend of september so unless something has radically changed I imagine it will be quiet when I go back on monday.  wht's going to happen this winter is anybody's guess. 

Covid is putting a lot of tourist businesses in the shit......I've seen it with clients of mine as well.

• Like 1

Went to the beach today, but unfortunately no bikes involved. Weather is looking a bit shit for the next week or so, so runs on the bike may be limited then too!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tango said:

Went to the beach today, but unfortunately no bikes involved. Weather is looking a bit shit for the next week or so, so runs on the bike may be limited then too!

Is that normal there this time of the year Bob?

We got early thirties and dry all week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Is that normal there this time of the year Bob?

We got early thirties and dry all week.

September can get very wet, Pete. I keep getting adverts on Facebook from the government giving advice on what to do and how to prepare for flooding, so I'm guessing that we're in for some pretty wild weather coming up.

• Like 2

Had a great ride today but only took a few photos

Stopped here waiting for the rest of the group to come back as they went the wrong way. I done this lane a few months ago and thought it was for the first time 

IMG_2561.thumb.JPG.a93860ca0a8fefc3f0e7645ffa733123.JPG

That was until i got to this barn, once i saw the dummies in the windows it all came back to me but it was probably 12 years ago the last time i done it

IMG_2563.thumb.JPG.19b028b21100bbfa5f1cb51676a0bd17.JPG

No idea what the the story is about them or if there is a story 

295393069_IMG_2563(2).JPG.8a25de0fa0920ff8ccdf53712f5ce153.JPG

Only other photo is of Yoshi fixing a front puncture he done it in 10 minutes unfortunately it went flat again towards the end of the ride.

IMG_2564.thumb.JPG.9cb884fc3f1c4a3b9798d830af642306.JPG

There was plenty with Gopros on so might get some videos later

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Had a great ride today but only took a few photos

Stopped here waiting for the rest of the group to come back as they went the wrong way. I done this lane a few months ago and thought it was for the first time 

IMG_2561.thumb.JPG.a93860ca0a8fefc3f0e7645ffa733123.JPG

That was until i got to this barn, once i saw the dummies in the windows it all came back to me but it was probably 12 years ago the last time i done it

IMG_2563.thumb.JPG.19b028b21100bbfa5f1cb51676a0bd17.JPG

No idea what the the story is about them or if there is a story 

295393069_IMG_2563(2).JPG.8a25de0fa0920ff8ccdf53712f5ce153.JPG

Only other photo is of Yoshi fixing a front puncture he done it in 10 minutes unfortunately it went flat again towards the end of the ride.

IMG_2564.thumb.JPG.9cb884fc3f1c4a3b9798d830af642306.JPG

There was plenty with Gopros on so might get some videos later

Dummies in windows? That's a new one on me!

• Like 1