What's Gripping Your Shit at the Moment?

Tango

5 hours ago, Buckster said:

We have a few interesting bridges, there is one that is often used as an off route trip for single deckers, they tried to send me that way once when I was covering a single deck route with a double decker, I just ignored them and went a different way. We have one route where two very different designed bridges are joined together and you would swear you can’t get a decker under but it will in the middle of the road, bit of an optical illusion. We also have a regular one that is 4 inches taller than a decker, for some reason trucks get stuck under it at least twice a year, I think they see us go under it and decide to ignore that they may be a few inches taller.

TFL said they were going to put a double decker under this during the Olympics, I said will it fit? They assured me it would. My next question was could I watch them try please? They said I could ride on the test bus if I wanted, but I declined. No idea height of DD bus so it may have fitted. I do note that since the Olympics the bridge height sign is 6 inches lower than before. It used to say 4.6m/15'

image.png.bccb99fc9a73cd180e58f06ebba8a36c.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

My mistake, inch to spare although an uneven road could provide a scrape or 2.

There's a formula for bridge height signs that errs on the safe side, so it is probably half a foot higher then that. But then some twat resurfaces the road and doesn't tell the bridge people who look after the signs that there is more or less room of course.

From Chapter 4 TSM

7.4.1.  The imperial figure shown on signs to indicate the available headroom should be at least 3 inches less than the measured height to allow a safety margin. If the resulting figure is not a multiple of 3 inches, it should be rounded down to the nearest lower multiple of 3 inches. Example 1: measured height 15’-2”: Step 1 subtract 3” to create a safety margin 14’-11” Step 2 round down to nearest multiple of 3” Step 3 sign as 14’-9”. Example 2: measured height 14’-6”: Step 1 subtract 3” to create a safety margin 14’-3” Step 2 sign as 14’-3” (rounding down not required as already a multiple of 3”)

• Like 4

Fucking pointless smart technology is whats gripping my shit at the moment. I was looking for a new jet washer this week and while doing some research i discovered you can get one that has a Bluetooth connectivity, why the fuck would anyone want that. all i want to do is it to point a hose at something and get it wet fast. My tumble dryer is the same i wonder if it will need therapy in the future because i cant be arsed to connect to it and i'll end up in court for neglect or some shit 

Angry Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Fucking pointless smart technology is whats gripping my shit at the moment. I was looking for a new jet washer this week and while doing some research i discovered you can get one that has a Bluetooth connectivity, why the fuck would anyone want that. all i want to do is it to point a hose at something and get it wet fast. My tumble dryer is the same i wonder if it will need therapy in the future because i cant be arsed to connect to it and i'll end up in court for neglect or some shit 

Angry Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

That’ll be the new Karcher then @Sir Fallsalot

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yup but i got the non smart one which means i have to operate it myself :classic_laugh:

Yeah I have the old style Karcher works just fine, why would I want to use my mobile to operate the thing .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

In years to come people will find it incredulous that the British public voted for that buffoon to be prime minister :classic_wacko:

People knew what they were voting for Bob!

Though you have to wonder what the rest of the world thinks when the PM has to declare that the UK isn’t corrupt, and Downing Street then has to declare that the PM is OK!

Ryan Howard What GIF

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, XTreme said:

People knew what they were voting for Bob!

Though you have to wonder what the rest of the world thinks when the PM has to declare that the UK isn’t corrupt, and Downing Street then has to declare that the PM is OK!

Ryan Howard What GIF

Just the declaration that its not correct poses the question of who brought it up that it is corrupt

There’s been a transportation crisis going on around Europe for weeks/months now, I talked to a couple of people in the industry today while trying to help a friend out. But how can you know of such a specific shortage a month in advance unless you’re just selling news out of scare mongering?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Fucking idiots like this … 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59667786

I can't get my head around this shit at all.
It was born female, why does it matter that a piece of paper holds that info. Insecurity? I can only think they need reassurance of some sort.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

I can't get my head around this shit at all.
It was born female, why does it matter that a piece of paper holds that info. Insecurity? I can only think they need reassurance of some sort.

Me neither , what they need is a dam good phychiatrist 

• Like 2

Hubs is working with Kim. Shes on L plates and he's giving her advice on getting her test done and what bike to get.... so she's bought herself a Tracer... like my husbands 🙄 not passed her test yet. 

Last night he gives her his bike to have a go on and she dropped it. Part of me (the evil bit) LAUGHING MY TINY TITS OFF. The other part....Furious !!! Only this weekend he told me shes a good driver (purposefully not using rider) but she's over confident.....still gives her his bike that was absolutely scratch free apart from a scratch on the top box that occurred when WE dropped it through the greenhouse but we wont mention that. 

Anyhoo its proper fecked now. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Hubs is working with Kim. Shes on L plates and he's giving her advice on getting her test done and what bike to get.... so she's bought herself a Tracer... like my husbands 🙄 not passed her test yet. 

Last night he gives her his bike to have a go on and she dropped it. Part of me (the evil bit) LAUGHING MY TINY TITS OFF. The other part....Furious !!! Only this weekend he told me shes a good driver (purposefully not using rider) but she's over confident.....still gives her his bike that was absolutely scratch free apart from a scratch on the top box that occurred when WE dropped it through the greenhouse but we wont mention that. 

Anyhoo its proper fecked now. 

Shit! Why the hell would he let her ride it?

• Like 1

Dont look now butt i bought up all the land on the Irish/NorthernIrish border....so far ive found some great soil to tunnel in....and a few lake trout yummy, fire up the barbby! 😃

• Haha 4