First ride on the scoot

Cupid Stunt

15 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

Its the same engine as is in the NC750. But retuned to be rather more 'exuberant' - the standard engine is very good, but a little dull. it is after all a commuter/easy going tourer or a step-up from a learner for the easily intimidated.  They changed it quite a bit for this bike and have further enhanced it for this year. chain drive, standard gear box. huge cavern under the seat. Its totally unique, no other  maker produces anything like it aside from Chinese small capacity copies. The dealer has a tester but I thought it safer not to ask for a go. Im rather afraid I might like it, but its far too soon to be changing bikes.

You'll never hear the end of it if you do! :classic_laugh:

9 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Stunning road is right, looks so fun! 🙂

One of the best roads in Wales, and that’s saying something as there are lots to choose from 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Stunning road is right, looks so fun! 🙂

They have put a 40mph restriction on it now, doesn't slow me down just means i'll be done for 40 over the speed limit instead of 20 :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Tango said:

Do you find that because you sit on a scooter rather than in it, you feel a bit like you're balanced on top of it?

Different types of scoots, some you feel perched on, others (sports scoots) you feel more sat in........mine is a touring/commuting scoot, so sat sort of on.

It's a ponderous beast, front end very vague, not feedback, rear (with the pivoting engine) either wallows or is rock solid if the springs are wound up....it does not inspire spirited riding, even though it will (book says) do 100mph.......I don't think I would like to be onboard at that speed.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I wouldn't like to be onboard at any speed! :classic_laugh:

70 is fine, after that it gets a bit leary.....very vague.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tango said:

Do you find that because you sit on a scooter rather than in it, you feel a bit like you're balanced on top of it?

Yes, you tend to bobble up and down on the seat a little, however I bumped into a friend out there who rides scoots and he gave me a great tip that cured it....

Place your feet further forward on the forward foot rests, this wedges you into the scoot between the foot rests and back rest, works great, you feel much more secure rather than feeling like being a pea on top of the seat

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Yes, you tend to bobble up and down on the seat a little, however I bumped into a friend out there who rides scoots and he gave me a great tip that cured it....

Place your feet further forward on the forward foot rests, this wedges you into the scoot between the foot rests and back rest, works great, you feel much more secure rather than feeling like being a pea on top of the seat

Good tip. 😎

I can't remember what it was like to ride a scooter.....it was 50 years ago after all.

I only did 6 months on them before switching to bikes......and I don't remember having any difficulty in adapting to them.

Course I did 9 months then with gear change and kickstart on the right (Brit bikes).......then when I went to the Suzuki 250 Hustler it was left hand side for gear change and kickstart.

When I got the GT380 in April 73 it was then left hand gearchange and right hand kickstart from then on.

• Like 2

On 29/08/2021 at 12:39, Pedro said:

I crossed paths with someone riding a bike similar to that one before, I find most people on scooters don't wave back to me 😔

Nice road to get to know a bike, I like the views

That's because your on a BMW :classic_laugh:

• Haha 6