First ride on the scoot

Cupid Stunt

Had to go out and get some more meds for my back so took the long way round to test the scoot is all working as it should
Parked up next to some locals but they wandered off as even they didn't want to be seen next to it ๐Ÿ™‚
1404938505_DSC_00802.thumb.jpg.490447d88fa10708cf96e01e27333714.jpg

ย 

Continued on via the tight single track roads that weave through the woods, you know the sort where it's so little used that a grass verge has grown down the middle, scoot handled it well
On past Pontardawe to Brynamman and up the Blacks where I saw this lot obviously on their way to the supermarket with their shopping boxes

_DSC4536.thumb.jpg.2c8683f0130234536a284fbd87ab75d2.jpg

Here's the obligatory top of the mountain shots

ย 

_DSC4535.thumb.jpg.e7abccc45e4c4bb79b3f1e75d77a541e.jpg

_DSC4533.thumb.jpg.1efe67977e1967ca973737b8334778c9.jpg

_DSC4530.thumb.jpg.36736b54d784b9225b2e9784200a186c.jpg

Just getting used to it really, I haven't ridden a twist and go since 1980ย and that was inside the indoor shopping centre in Romford, up and down the stairs, pissed as a fart with a girl on the back, I'll try to avoid such shenanigans on this one ๐Ÿ™‚

Back down via Ystradgynlais, visited a friend then off to get the meds

Very comfy ride, in fact my back is far better when on the scoot riding than when off it, she hits the speed limits very quickly, plenty for overtakes, very sure footed and natural in the bends, very pleased so far

• Like 8

I crossed paths with someone riding a bike similar to that one before, I find most people on scooters don't wave back to meย ๐Ÿ˜”

ย 

Nice road to get to know a bike, I like the views

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I crossed paths with someone riding a bike similar to that one before, I find most people on scooters don't wave back to meย ๐Ÿ˜”

ย 

Very very few bikers nod/wave to scooter riders here.

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

ย 

Most scooter riders simply use them to commute to and from work etc, they don't see themselves as part of a larger biker community
I had loads of bikers giving me the nod as I rode past

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

ย 

The "Blacks" is a stunning road, it used to be used by the original Top Gear crew

Here's me leading a bunch of trail riders out, this is the road section to get to the first trail
ย 

ย 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tym said:

This is cool seeing Cupid's back onย two wheels with quality shots already, whoo hoo!ย :littleguy:

Won't be long before he's doing insane shit on it.....he's too old to change now!

• Haha 2

Excellent. I have to admit, when I was at the dealership last week having my bike serviced ready for Ireland, I was quite taken by this 750cc scooter.. well, I say scooter. It's actually a standard motorcycle wearing different clothes. DCT obviously. It won the 2019 Gibralter rally!! ย Beating KTM, BMW, Huskie and the rest...ย ย https://tinyurl.com/ty6d9djp

87682.jpg

Honda-X-ADV-750-scooter-Renato-Zocchi-Gibraltar-4a.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

Excellent. I have to admit, when I was at the dealership last week having my bike serviced ready for Ireland, I was quite taken by this 750cc scooter.. well, I say scooter. It's actually a standard motorcycle wearing different clothes. DCT obviously. It won the 2019 Gibralter rally!! ย Beating KTM, BMW, Huskie and the rest...ย ย https://tinyurl.com/ty6d9djp

87682.jpg

Honda-X-ADV-750-scooter-Renato-Zocchi-Gibraltar-4a.jpg

Does that have the NC750 engine Tony?

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Doesn't say if it's using the Honda Jazz engine.

From what I can gather it says it's basically half of the Honda Fit engine......whatever a Honda Fit is.๐Ÿค”

1 minute ago, Clive said:

From what I can gather it says it's basically half of the Honda Fit engine......whatever a Honda Fit is.๐Ÿค”

Same vehicle......different branding.

Its the same engine as is in the NC750. But retuned to be ratherย more 'exuberant' - the standard engine is very good, but a little dull. it is after all a commuter/easy going tourer or a step-up from a learner for the easily intimidated.ย ย They changed it quite a bit for this bike and have further enhanced it for this year. chain drive, standard gear box. huge cavern under the seat. Its totally unique, no other ย maker produces anything like it aside from Chinese small capacity copies. The dealer has a tester but I thought it safer not to ask for a go. Im rather afraid I might like it, butย its far too soon to be changing bikes.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Pedro said:

It's funny here, the scooter people never expect to be waved at......then I come along with a big old HI THEREย ๐Ÿ‘‹ย and it seems to make them smile.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1