One bike

boboneleg

It's probably over 30 years since I owned one bike.  So you guys/gals with only one bike how do you manage, do you not feel like getting another bike for a different type of riding ?

• Like 2

I have the XR400, but rarely ride it, it's not losing value or costing me, and I like it so I'm keeping it. I ride it once or twice a year, really.

I am, however, entertaining the idea of getting another bike to share the load on the GS. Since I intend on keeping it forever, it sort of makes sense... The only reason I haven't gone test riding other bikes is that for now I can't see myself going for a proper ride and leaving the white bike behind.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

It's probably over 30 years since I owned one bike.  So you guys/gals with only one bike how do you manage, do you not feel like getting another bike for a different type of riding ?

If I was retired (like I should be) then I'd get a CRF20/300L for sure.

But the reality is that I'll never be able to retire......so I'll never have the time for a second bike.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

If I was retired (like I should be) then I'd get a CRF20/300L for sure.

But the reality is that I'll never be able to retire......so I'll never have the time for a second bike.

Why can you never retire Pete ?  do you not want to retire or does your financial position dictate that ?

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Why can you never retire Pete ?  do you not want to retire or does your financial position dictate that ?

We can't live on €800 a month Bob!

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

We can't live on €800 a month Bob!

Yes, that's not much is it.  We live on approx £1500 a month but that depends on how much work I do, if I didn't have my pension we'd really struggle.

My bikes are bought from my buying and selling so I keep that seperate from household stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Yes, that's not much is it.  We live on approx £1500 a month but that depends on how much work I do, if I didn't have my pension we'd really struggle.

My bikes are bought from my buying and selling so I keep that seperate from household stuff.

It's no big deal really.....what I do isn't physically hard, but I do have to be available if needed. Last weekend I had no support tickets go in, but I've had to deal with 4 today.

It's a lot easier now than when my boy walked out in 2016 leaving me in the lurch......as I've been systematically dropping off clients throughout that time. Plus Covid and Brexit have taken a few as well.

I'll still take on new business but it'll have to be medium to large UK corporates with a healthy budget!

• Like 3

For the first time I own two bikes.  Now that I have had them for awhile I can not imagine giving one up.

Both bikes are so different and provide such a different experience that I would be sad without both. 😐

I love both dirt and tarmac!!!

......I guess really I could blame Bagheera, my Himalayan, if he didn't break down so often I might never have bought the Honda.....so it's all his fault I have two bikes. 😆

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

For the first time I own two bikes.  Now that I have had them for awhile I can not imagine giving one up.

Both bikes are so different and provide such a different experience that I would be sad without both. 😐

......I guess really I could blame Bagheera, my Himalayan, if he didn't break down so often I might never have bought the Honda.....so it's all his fault I have two bikes. 😆

Just curious is your Himalayan from the period they were only intended for the Indian market or after they realised they had to improve the build quality dramatically for Europe and America?

1 hour ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

wait until you have five not only can you not imagine giving one up but you cant decide which one to ride, There have been days where I've ended up doing something else because i couldn't make my mind up  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 31/07/2021 at 14:56, boboneleg said:

If I could afford one I would........a Honda CB750f2n......would fit the bill.👍

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

wait until you have five not only can you not imagine giving one up but you cant decide which one to ride,

We're talking about bikes not birds on the side Fred! :classic_cool:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Just curious is your Himalayan from the period they were only intended for the Indian market or after they realised they had to improve the build quality dramatically for Europe and America?

After actually.... I have the 3rd gen.  So first was in India and second in Australia, and then to North America.  A lot of owners of this generation have had a lot of the same problems as I have.

But Bagheera has been a bit more cursed with gremlins then any other Himi I know......😆

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I can't afford more than one, and If I could I probably wouldn't. I have always preferred to concentrate on one thing at a time. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

wait until you have five not only can you not imagine giving one up but you cant decide which one to ride, There have been days where I've ended up doing something else because i couldn't make my mind up  :classic_laugh:

I had this problem with sports cars.  I had 5 at one time.....

One new, one classic, one convertible, one rally car and one that didn't run. 😎

It was a hard habit to break for sure.....I can imagine the same with bikes. 🙂

• Like 3

On 31/07/2021 at 15:22, Buckster said:

I already have the best there is so...no.

you mean its so fucking big you aint got the room for anything else, get rid of it you'd get 5 or 6 in your garage.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Clive said:

If I could afford one I would........a Honda CB750f2n......would fit the bill.👍

I might have a cbf 1000 coming my way if your interested.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Six30 said:

Cheers @Six30👍.......but on my pension it's out of the question........ I may have to downgrade to a 125cc 😕

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

Cheers @Six30👍.......but on my pension it's out of the question........ I may have to downgrade to a 125cc 😕

7 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Is it free @Six30 I can flounce.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

As long as it’s not Chinese you should be allowed to stay on the forum mate , we’ll if I was a mod you would .

• Haha 1