DesmoDog hits Colorado

Earache

Left my front door unlocked and @DesmoDog showed up to ride for a few days. Gotta get that lock fixed.

Anyway, his Guzzi is beyond cool looking in real life. Not as small as I thought they were in the show room....

IMG_6283.JPG

IMG_6284.JPG

IMG_6285.JPG

IMG_6286.JPG

IMG_6287.JPG

• Like 4

Tourist traffic was beyond heavy in our 'hood yesterday, so we took an abbreviated ride. Small town we went through had a lot of bicyclists hanging around and we saw some guy on an ebike. I thought this thing was very interesting and even more so when I found the sales price was only $4,200....

IMG_6288.JPG

IMG_6289.JPG

IMG_6290.JPG

IMG_6291.JPG

• Like 3

Rode up to the New Haven store and killed a couple of the their cinnamon rolls. Proper, 2,500 calorie, butter creme dripping, 3 pounds in weight  monster cinnamon rolls.,   Naturally didn't take a pic of them. Should have and will do so next time.

IMG_6301.JPG

IMG_6305.JPG

IMG_6306.JPG

IMG_6307.JPG

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Earache said:

We're off the bikes today but are planning a longer ride tomorrow and will get some pics.

Great stuff Eric......I just noticed that the Guzzi has the rear shock mounted on the outside?

Just now, XTreme said:

Great stuff Eric......I just noticed that the Guzzi has the rear shock mounted on the outside?

Craig will have to comment on that , but yes it does. The bike even sounds cool running.

Will try to get some abandoned buildings in the pics for ya tomorrow.

• Like 2

Just now, Earache said:

Craig will have to comment on that , but yes it does. The bike even sounds cool running.

Will try to get some abandoned buildings in the pics for ya tomorrow.

Nice one Eric!

Don't get shot doing it though......or at least get some pics before someone busts a cap! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Nice one Eric!

Don't get shot doing it though......or at least get some pics before someone busts a cap! :classic_laugh:

I'll have my EDC Glock with me and will return fire if needed. Anything to get the pics for ya!

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Earache said:

I'll have my EDC Glock with me and will return fire if needed. Anything to get the pics for ya!

Get Desmo to watch your back Eric! 

If you need real firepower call @Tym in......he loves shooting people! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

You forgot to mention the memory card we found! Or the one I lost about 20 minutes before we found it again... I'm pretty sure I'm already looking for it in the rear shot of the bike.

Yes, the shock is mounted on the side, not all that uncommon these days. And by that I mean Ducati does it too and they're the only other brand I know anything about, so it's common in my world. No idea if the Japanese do it on anything? I'd be surprised if they didn't. 

I'm not sure a handgun is all that useful around here? I'd be willing to bet most landowners have long guns and probably big scopes. You'd never hear the shot...

• Like 3

As mentioned the first day of riding yesterday was pretty tame, I was trying out a camera set up and getting a feel for the bike as I haven't ridden it much this year and never at this altitude. 

After the ride I tried to figure out how to use video and audio software. Excuse the music but the camera just picked up wind noise. I can't upload this to YouTube or Facebook because of the music but here's a little video. The camera wasn't on when the local Ferrari club came by. Isn't that always how it works?

http://teamyikes.com/Guzzi/Colorado1.mp4

That'd be @Earache leading the way. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DesmoDog said:

As mentioned the first day of riding yesterday was pretty tame, I was trying out a camera set up and getting a feel for the bike as I haven't ridden it much this year and never at this altitude. 

After the ride I tried to figure out how to use video and audio software. Excuse the music but the camera just picked up wind noise. I can't upload this to YouTube or Facebook because of the music but here's a little video. The camera wasn't on when the local Ferrari club came by. Isn't that always how it works?

http://teamyikes.com/Guzzi/Colorado1.mp4

That'd be @Earache leading the way. 

Great quality!

I parked next to one of those Guzzi's on Sunday up in Tyndrum, it is a nice looking bike, finish looks good. Shock is mounted on the shaft drive.

• Like 2

I was playing around with video software a little more and came up with somethign that shows the beginning of a ride yesterday. Basically from Earache's house to the interstate entrance ramp.  The first couple minutes are the run from his house to Central City. they have been edited... the last few minutes are a look at some of Central City, Colorado, for those of you who like that sort of thing. 

I got tired of trying to filter out wind noise and don't have suitable music on my laptop to put over it, so I suggest viewing it at little or no volume...

http://teamyikes.com/Guzzi/CentralCity.mp4

• Like 3