A Green Welly right in the Trossachs - and I enjoyed it.

Buckster

Popped out this morning for a quick run, started at Colington, Edinburgh and headed to South Lanarkshire and Carluke then up into North Lanarkshire, fantastic countryside just outside of Edinburgh. I wanted to avoid Glasgow so I headed north to Airdrie and Cumbernauld before going up to Kilsyth for the first stop.

20210725_122019.thumb.jpg.082868ccd57bbfaec78345efa958b18b.jpg

Then over to Balloch at the southern end of Loch Lomond where there was something of interest to Pete.

20210725_130048.thumb.jpg.7255414ba303ae20cba281bf0560a8b2.jpg

I headed up the west side of Loch Lomond.

20210725_134744.thumb.jpg.b051bcb9a2ea42aee976cfce0f33702a.jpg20210725_134956.thumb.jpg.8a2741348813441fd66669ac6a3114fa.jpg

I then headed north east into the Trossachs.

20210725_141633.thumb.jpg.3dadf74829d939486383ad08b6d0cefd.jpg

I took a little detour and went up to Tyndrum and The Green Welly Stop which is a popular destination for motorcycles. At this point I had covered 140 miles. the views were terrible.

20210725_145730.thumb.jpg.e762103a3b167f93058b79d3f609b919.jpg9

20210725_150746.thumb.jpg.b319ce744873225a048e98a4e0e737c1.jpg
20210725_155615.thumb.jpg.65fad569ac9907be38f9e15d0bb90fb1.jpg

After a cup of tea and a hotdog I headed back staying on the east side of the Loch.

20210725_143514.thumb.jpg.511370949c1d3ff3b4f13e31bc8940f5.jpg
20210725_143530.thumb.jpg.4e42d69a9e76c3080258ea0d580a7c53.jpg

Headed for Stirling which has a nice castle.

20210725_172734.thumb.jpg.f90e22b9a5c834d72fab7e2b05523b7a.jpg
Even saw a big erection which should keep Six happy.

20210725_172112.thumb.jpg.a8e39523e5bc599a2858c6f19a90c8bc.jpg

I then headed back to Edinburgh. 224 miles in total.

0F573E76-4D0E-48E3-83D1-33984ECD32EE.jpeg.8d191f10a3958826b6ffb075208f0289.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Superb Ian!

But 2 ride reports in a week......and pics?

You've lost TOTY now for sure!

I will up my game later in the year.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Who are you and what have you done with Buckster? I’m calling the police. 

It's very odd isn't it?

I reckon he's looked at @Six30 and realised that he can't compete with those levels of twattishness!

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's very odd isn't it?

I reckon he's looked at @Six30 and realised that he can't compete with those levels of twattishness!

I haven’t got a van and I don’t like Gary Glitter.

• Haha 3

Gary Glitter is into little girls so six should be safeish. He was one of the reasons we werent allowed to go to Brean even though he was a handy source of free drinks before you were old enough for ID. Parents ay, thinking of your safety rather than the freebies 😂

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Gary Glitter is into little girls so six should be safeish. He was one of the reasons we werent allowed to go to Brean even though he was a handy source of free drinks before you were old enough for ID. Parents ay, thinking of your safety rather than the freebies 😂

I don’t want to misrepresent Six, I’m pretty sure the motorcycle in the van is aimed at trapping young lads rather than lasses.

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

When I take people on bike rides through Wedmore they find it hard to believe that paedo lived there 🤨

15 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

When I take people on bike rides through Wedmore they find it hard to believe that paedo lived there 🤨

Were they hoping for a Neverland Ranch type of scene?

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Yer especially as Wedmore is a dull gods waiting room full of boring old snobs. I ride through there often… I have now confused myself 😂 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yer especially as Wedmore is a dull gods waiting room full of boring old snobs. I ride through there often… I have now confused myself 😂 

Time to give up, you are too old and he isn’t there anymore.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I liked that, lovely greenery and blue skies. And the bike looks nice too.

The countryside in Scotland is second to none, it was a great run.

5 hours ago, Buckster said:

The countryside in Scotland is second to none, it was a great run.

Yeh great pics , i enjoyed looking at them very much

just your fucking ugly gay skip rat of a bike ruining the scenery ....

next time park it next to the avalanche sign and hope one happens and puts it... and us out our misery..... my eyes they burn !!

• Haha 1

I will see about getting myself a generic black bike and black leathers and a black lid, then put it all in a van and be a boring drone twat.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Buckster said:

I will see about getting myself a generic black bike and black leathers and a black lid, then put it all in a van and be a boring drone twat.

ok young man...

giphy (10).gif

• Haha 1

Funnily enough, Scotland is one place I've never been. No reason why.. its just never happened. Only thing that puts me off (slightly) are the midges, though there are handy websites that can alert you when they're abundant or a threat. and this year it seems every biker is on their way there and I'm not into herding. I like to have the place to myself. Maybe once we return to some kind of normality I'll make the effort. Same goes for Spain - never been aside from when I was 6yrs old.

When this years trip was cancelled, I did mention Scotland.. but there wasn't much enthusiasm as its going to get very crowded with frustrated bikers going there as an alternative to Euroland. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Motobiker said:

Same goes for Spain - never been aside from when I was 6yrs old.

You should......there's a lot to see!

Just avoid June/July/August though!

@Motobiker I was blown away by just how pretty and imposing the west coast of Scotland is. Most of the roads are fast and scenery round Loch Lomond and Glencoe are just superb. I started up the West coast and thought well thats amazing, that must be the bit everyone bangs on about but it just went on and on and on. Its not like England where the good bit is just “a bit” - there you go that was your pretty part now its home time, its so much larger the good bits linger on (providing you dont rush it).

You start off soaking up the scenery in that familiar fashion but its like an invisible meter in your soul slowly gets filled until you cant take any more beauty and happiness bursts out of your chest. It is that pretty. Not Eiffel pretty, different but pretty. Sunshine is an essential component though because in inclement weather it will be dire.

I wouldnt hesitate to go back (June, September or a warm spring when the schools have gone back), didnt get bitten once, even camping by the river at the base of Ben Nevis but we were aided by a lot of very heavy rainfall before crossing the border and thats always good for keeping critter numbers down. I felt a bit silly that I’ve lived in this country all my life and dismissed such a beautiful destination in my own backyard but I suppose we’re all bombarded with messages about rough weather and being eaten alive in that moany way the British do so well. 

When I do it again (and thats a given) it will be dictated by the weather and avoiding the school holidays. If I booked a couple of weeks off and the forecast was rubbish I wouldnt go, Id delay leaving because it simply wouldnt be enjoyable. In-spite of predictions the roads in June were not busy and booking the next days accommodations the evening before was no problem. If your looking for a September trip its worth consideration. 

So what are these midge alert websites? Wouldnt mind knowing about those. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

its like an invisible meter in your soul slowly gets filled until you cant take any more beauty and happiness bursts out of your chest.

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

• Haha 1